Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

Independence Air discontinues service to 5 airports beginning November 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Independence Air discontinues service to 5 airports beginning November 1st

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2005, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jkm024
Stewart also lost Delta Connection to Cincinnati a few weeks back.
Ouch. What's left? PanAm?
Old Sep 25, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
The JFK flights are at the international terminal, and the agents there told me there were a lot of passengers that were using DH to get to JFK for their international flights, but I guess there weren't enough paying high enough fares to keep that RJ reasonable.

I nicknamed that flight the "JetBlue employee shuttle" since there wasn't a single time I was on it without at least a few B6 employees on there.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by StSebastian
I nicknamed that flight the "JetBlue employee shuttle" since there wasn't a single time I was on it without at least a few B6 employees on there.
Back to the Saudi 744 for them.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:40 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by prhs1989
Every airport execpt CRW will lose at least one frequency as well.
Nothing like maintaining high frequency for the IAD based traveler.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by GWU ESIA STUDENT
Nothing like maintaining high frequency for the IAD based traveler.
whatever.. its 3 daily flights. How much washington dc. service do you wat us to have!? 4x on UA, 3x DCA on US, 3x iad on indy. I'd say thats doing pretty well.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by d man
This is horrible news for CLE and for me specifically. I have been holding on to a flight certificate for a few months waiting to book a trip to LAS for February, only to find out this <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=news%20today&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: news today'; self.ql_skeyphrase='news%20today'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='news%20today'; window.status='Search for: news today';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">news today</a>. Now what??
Why have you been sitting on it??? I love DH, but since you live in one of their smaller markets, hasn't the writing been on the wall a bit?

I say you should take that trip ASAP.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by kcrwflyer
whatever.. its 3 daily flights. How much washington dc. service do you wat us to have!? 4x on UA, 3x DCA on US, 3x iad on indy. I'd say thats doing pretty well.
I meant to all their destinations. One of their initial big selling points in 2004 was that DH would offer very frequent service on all of their routes; more than UA did. They are now loosing that selling point and that was a major reason that a number of passengers used them; especially with UA price matching.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 4:57 am

I meant to all their destinations. One of their initial big selling points in 2004 was that DH would offer very frequent service on all of their routes; more than UA did. They are now loosing that selling point and that was a major reason that a number of passengers used them; especially with UA price matching.
True, now theres usually an indy crj and a shuttle america saab on the ground together.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
You are probably right that DH will lose some business, but I don't think the frequency reduction will be as big of a deal now that DH has an established base of customers that prefer to fly on them. In the beginning when nobody knew who they were it might have hurt more, but DH generally provides an easier and more enjoyable traveling experience than the express carriers that serve most of their destinations, and that will play a part in people's choices.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:32 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by spampurse
You are probably right that DH will lose some business, but I don't think the frequency reduction will be as big of a deal now that DH has an established base of customers that prefer to fly on them. In the beginning when nobody knew who they were it might have hurt more, but DH generally provides an easier and more enjoyable traveling experience than the express carriers that serve most of their destinations, and that will play a part in people's choices.
I think price and schedule are what is evaluated when passengers choose which carrier they will fly.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:32 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I think price and schedule are what is evaluated when passengers choose which carrier they will fly.
Yes and no. If a travel experience is consistently lousy enough, then that particular airline may be "overlooked" during the price/schedule search. Spampurse may very well be referring to the established customer base. For those that haven't FlownI before, I would agree about price/schedule.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by d man
This is horrible news for CLE and for me specifically. I have been holding on to a flight certificate for a few months waiting to book a trip to LAS for February, only to find out this news today. Now what??

We'll continental did battle fiercely on this route. The fares were great; it allowed me to fly from IAD to Cleveland to LGA.

I just fares on continental are going to skyrocket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.