FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Independence Air iClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub-587/)
-   -   Please help FlyI Stop Service to LAX starting 10/01/2005 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub/473064-please-help-flyi-stop-service-lax-starting-10-01-2005-a.html)

sonple Sep 15, 2005 1:48 pm

Please help FlyI Stop Service to LAX starting 10/01/2005

Hello Everyone,

Please give me some guidance because I am not sure what to do I booked 2 tickets to LAX from WashingtonDC for 10/07/05-10/15/05 last month and I just got a call from flyi and was told that they 'll stop flying to LAX. They said they can fly my family to Las Vegas or San Diego instead. I told them that these two cities are at least several hours away from LAX and I have already booked the Hotel and Car rental. Please let me WHat is my right. Could I tell them to book family on another airline.

Please let me know soon.
Thanks

fwfdan Sep 15, 2005 1:54 pm

You are out of luck... They really don't even have to offer LAS or SAN. Midwest Airlines stopped flying to New Orleans and told me that my ticket (almost 4 months away) could either be refunded or applied towards another fare. Well it was a GREAT fare and I would have to pay lots to get somewhere else.... And they have interline agreements with other airlines - Indy Air does not....

FWAAA Sep 15, 2005 2:01 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk, sonple. :)

Your only real right is to demand a refund. If I were you, I'd try to get a refund ASAP. My money is on FlyI shutting down prior to October 1. If you wait until DH shuts down, it will be too late.

Log on to Southwest's website and buy tickets there. BWI-LAX is reasonable. Not as cheap as your FlyI tix, but then again, WN isn't out of money and isn't canceling its routes. WN isn't always the cheapest, but their fares are always fair.

prhs1989 Sep 15, 2005 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Welcome to Flyertalk, sonple. :)

Your only real right is to demand a refund. If I were you, I'd try to get a refund ASAP. My money is on FlyI shutting down prior to October 1. If you wait until DH shuts down, it will be too late.

Log on to Southwest's website and buy tickets there. BWI-LAX is reasonable. Not as cheap as your FlyI tix, but then again, WN isn't out of money and isn't canceling its routes. WN isn't always the cheapest, but their fares are always fair.

The other option is Jetblue out of Long Beach.

FWAAA Sep 15, 2005 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by prhs1989
The other option is Jetblue out of Long Beach.

Good point. JetBlue is currently about $30 cheaper than WN for those dates. Actual fares will vary depending on time of day the OP wishes to fly. On B6, about $255 all in per person. Not bad.

Cohiba Sep 15, 2005 5:30 pm

The refund will NOT be pulled out from underneath you, but I advise you to call to receive one immediately.

Cheers.

sonple Sep 15, 2005 5:34 pm

Thank You

Originally Posted by Cohiba
The refund will NOT be pulled out from underneath you, but I advise you to call to receive one immediately.

Cheers.

Thank you everyone for your sugestions. I called flyi and changed my flight to Las Vegas instead.
Thanks again,
Sonple

FWAAA Sep 15, 2005 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sonple
Thank you everyone for your sugestions. I called flyi and changed my flight to Las Vegas instead.
Thanks again,
Sonple

:confused:

Ok - but don't come back and complain if your FlyI trip blows up on you - you were warned. ;)

Good luck. :)

yevlesh2 Sep 16, 2005 8:43 pm

You know, if you are serious, I would be more then willing to take you up on that bet. I have some FlyI tickets booked as far as November and I am not the least bit worried about them closing shop. Chapter 11 - maybe, possibly. Shutting down - no way.

Originally Posted by FWAAA
My money is on FlyI shutting down prior to October 1.

audio-nut Sep 17, 2005 12:07 am

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
You know, if you are serious, I would be more then willing to take you up on that bet. I have some FlyI tickets booked as far as November and I am not the least bit worried about them closing shop. Chapter 11 - maybe, possibly. Shutting down - no way.

I'll take that bet. DH has nothing to offer prospective DIP financiers so Ch 11 is not going to happen.

J-H Sep 17, 2005 9:09 am

Originally Posted by audio-nut
I'll take that bet. DH has nothing to offer prospective DIP financiers so Ch 11 is not going to happen.

DIP do not care about the viability of the business model - it is a bridge loan andthey have first liens on unencumbered assets...I think you mean that no one will offer exit financing or equity investment in to DH.

UALPilotDC Sep 17, 2005 9:24 am

Originally Posted by J-H
DIP do not care about the viability of the business model - it is a bridge loan andthey have first liens on unencumbered assets...I think you mean that no one will offer exit financing or equity investment in to DH.

True....the DIp lenders are in it for themselves.

But what's left at FlyI that is still unencumbered? Pretty much nothing from what I have read.

DC

audio-nut Sep 17, 2005 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by J-H

I meant exactly what I said...in order to get DIP financing they would have offer up something of value. They have nothing left so Ch 11 is not an option.

DH is going directly into receivership and I would bet before the holidays.

yevlesh2 Sep 17, 2005 7:54 pm

Alright, I will gladly take you up on that bet ^

Originally Posted by audio-nut
I meant exactly what I said...in order to get DIP financing they would have offer up something of value. They have nothing left so Ch 11 is not an option.

DH is going directly into receivership and I would bet before the holidays.

Cohiba Sep 18, 2005 9:11 am

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Alright, I will gladly take you up on that bet ^

yevlesh2,

I'd take the bet too. If for no other reason, I kind of like being on the side which very few other people are on, including all the experts. What would it say about the value of industry experts if we are right? Plus, it makes the odds more risky, but also there's a bigger payout if you win. :)

Second, practically speaking, why do so many people think they know exactly what DH does and does not have or that they know exactly who DH is or is not negotiating with? Again, as I've said in the other thread on CH. 11, I'm certainly not guaranteeing their efforts will be fruitful and salvage the airline, but the belief that the carrier has nothing to offer is quite in the dark.

Cheers.