Why Can't I Book A Flight?

 
Old Jul 25, 05, 10:10 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: pittsburgh,pa,usa
Posts: 142
Exclamation Why Can't I Book A Flight?

On flyi.com why can't i book from PIT to IAD from November 23- 27? When i try, I get this message: Sorry, there are no available flights departing on Wed, 23 Nov 05.

Are they planning their deminse already? (I kid, i kid)
iflyPIT is offline  
Old Jul 25, 05, 11:36 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,052
Originally Posted by iflyPIT
On flyi.com why can't i book from PIT to IAD from November 23- 27? When i try, I get this message: Sorry, there are no available flights departing on Wed, 23 Nov 05.

Are they planning their deminse already? (I kid, i kid)
they haven't loaded their schedule yet...we are all waiting with you

~Ian
ClimbGuy is offline  
Old Jul 26, 05, 10:44 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: pittsburgh,pa,usa
Posts: 142
Oh ok, thanks, my bad.
iflyPIT is offline  
Old Jul 28, 05, 6:11 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,219
1) Any idea when they'll load December?

2) What's relative degree of confidence that they'll continue flying through the winter? A few months back projections had them running out of cash in December, but loads have been up recently...
gleff is offline  
Old Jul 28, 05, 6:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: IAD
Programs: Gymboree Global Services
Posts: 5,839
Originally Posted by gleff

2) What's relative degree of confidence that they'll continue flying through the winter? A few months back projections had them running out of cash in December, but loads have been up recently...
They were supposed to release 2Q earnings today but postponed it until 9 Aug. We'll know more then just how bad the bleeding is.
whlinder is offline  
Old Jul 29, 05, 8:40 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,219
Originally Posted by whlinder
They were supposed to release 2Q earnings today but postponed it until 9 Aug. We'll know more then just how bad the bleeding is.
I was about to post that we'd know more on August 9th but you beat me to the punch!

It's usually not a good sign when a company postpones the release of earnings data.

But in DH's case, as I understand it, it may be a case of poor bookkeeping/accounting than anything else!
gleff is offline  
Old Jul 29, 05, 10:58 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: IAD
Programs: Gymboree Global Services
Posts: 5,839
I wouldn't be surprised at poor bookkeeping/accounting either.

They are selling December today BTW.

(They must have read this forum and gone "Cash! Load December now!")
whlinder is offline  
Old Jul 29, 05, 11:28 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,219
Decisions, decisions.

There's a 9:30am flight MCO-IAD that I want to put my in-laws on.

The other options are 7am (too early!) and Noon (an extra day's rental car charges or a long time at the airport) on US into DCA.

Using the 'corporate' 20% off, fare is $71.90 pp one-way, ~ $15 less than US (last time I checked, a couple days ago).

But I'd hate for DH to be out of business in December!!

Of course, last I saw the corporate discount was supposed to expire at the end of July. Not that it will, necessarily, but the 20% is nice.
gleff is offline  
Old Jul 31, 05, 10:07 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NYC
Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Posts: 3,359
Originally Posted by gleff
I'd hate for DH to be out of business in December!!
Ummmmm....why, exactly?
UAL_Rulez is offline  
Old Aug 1, 05, 4:28 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,219
Because I'd have bought two tickets on them
gleff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread