Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wi-Fi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Wi-Fi

Does DH have any plans to offer Wi-Fi in their airports? It would really make all their dellays more enjoyable.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:12 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Except for IAD, that would be controlled by the local airport. In IAD, they probably have sufficient clout and ownership of gates to push IAD to put something in. They probably can't put in anything on their own without permission from the airport authority.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StSebastian
Except for IAD, that would be controlled by the local airport. In IAD, they probably have sufficient clout and ownership of gates to push IAD to put something in. They probably can't put in anything on their own without permission from the airport authority.
I mean its not who puts it in thats important but that its there. JetBlue got it in at JFK so they should be able to get it at IAD.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
I mean its not who puts it in thats important but that its there. JetBlue got it in at JFK so they should be able to get it at IAD.
B6 is also in the black! How much more would you be willing to pay for a ticket to have Wi-Fi put in? My guess is not much.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missydc
B6 is also in the black! How much more would you be willing to pay for a ticket to have Wi-Fi put in? My guess is not much.
well its not expensive to put it, but even if its pay to use $5 or $8 like it is anywhere else.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
JFK terminals are owned and designed independently by each airline, whereas terminals like Dulles are run by the airport authority. JFK (Idlewild) was one of the last terminals that allowed the airlines to independently design their own spaces rather than having one unified structure for all airlines owned by a central authority. (For additional reference, look at the new terminal American just opened at JFK.)

Reference: Naked Airport, by Alastair Gordon
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StSebastian
JFK terminals are owned and designed independently by each airline, whereas terminals like Dulles are run by the airport authority. JFK (Idlewild) was one of the last terminals that allowed the airlines to independently design their own spaces rather than having one unified structure for all airlines owned by a central authority. (For additional reference, look at the new terminal American just opened at JFK.)

Reference: Naked Airport, by Alastair Gordon

A few retail locations in IAD offer Wi-Fi for about $10 but it is spotty and not avalable in many parts of the air port

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.