Independence Air in OKC

Old Jun 14, 05, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass
Independence Air in OKC

At OKC, I've seen numerous I-Air CRJs parked on one of the ramps, but they don't appear to be in use. I also noticed on Flytecomm today that there was an I-Air arrival from DC, but OKC isn't served by I-Air. Anybody know why these are here?
Old Jun 14, 05, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by SoonerJedi
At OKC, I've seen numerous I-Air CRJs parked on one of the ramps, but they don't appear to be in use. I also noticed on Flytecomm today that there was an I-Air arrival from DC, but OKC isn't served by I-Air. Anybody know why these are here?
I would look carefully at the tails.....is the "i" missing (and also "independence air" taken off the fuselage)? They might be some of the CRJ's that were given back as part of the refinancing.
Old Jun 14, 05, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by missydc
I would look carefully at the tails.....is the "i" missing (and also "independence air" taken off the fuselage)? They might be some of the CRJ's that were given back as part of the refinancing.
Yes, as a matter of fact that's exactly what they looked like. Why park them in OKC?
Old Jun 14, 05, 8:38 am

Yes, as a matter of fact that's exactly what they looked like. Why park them in OKC?

I'm not really sure, but i guess it all depends on who they are going to next.
Old Jun 16, 05, 3:12 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
If they are/were GE Aircraft Leasing planes, I would surmise that they have a maintenance/repainting facility which they use in OKC. I feel like I may remember that from hearing it somewhere else on FT, but I am not positive.

Search this Thread