Beverages onboard

Old May 13, 2005, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Beverages onboard

Are alcoholic beverages available inflight? Beer, wine, liquor? What do they cost? Any idea of brands?
Old May 13, 2005, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by hilton-gold
Are alcoholic beverages available inflight? Beer, wine, liquor? What do they cost? Any idea of brands?
Beer and wine are available on all flights for $5. Liquor is sold on west coast flights, although i cannot remember what is charged.
Old May 14, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond
$5 per for liquor
Old May 15, 2005, 1:23 pm

Beefeater Gin, Skyy Vodka, Johnny Walker Red, Jim Beam, and Bacardi Rum; Heineken, Bud and Bud Light, Sutter Home Chardonnay and Merlot; all are $5.00 each and are available only on the West Coast and Las Vegas flights. All others offer beer and wine only.
Old May 15, 2005, 11:36 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
For anyone that cares about non-alcoholic, Independence served Coke products until some point around late February and then switched to Pepsi products.
Old May 18, 2005, 8:29 pm

Yeah, I was mildly disappointed about that.. (Also, IIRC they used to have both Coke and Pepsi products - it just seems that they've eliminated the Coke recently.)

I've noticed on my past few flights that Indy seems to have sharply cut the number of beverage options available. One of those was a very fast turnaround (kinda funny.. Airbus is late leaving, CRJ double-parks it in because it's still on the jetway, Airbus leaves before the CRJ does - it was an interesting series of ground moves to watch) but the other two were regular, on-time flights. They also seem to have gotten rid of the snack basket on short flights, though they've kept the hot towels and mints.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:42 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
I heard the Coke / Pepsi switch was a cost cutting measure. Pepsi gave DH the better rate so they went with them. Every penny helps.
Old May 19, 2005, 1:42 pm

Of the coke/pepsi debate, I have to say that I am def. a pepsi person and glad they switched. I really like that they offer such a big selection of snacks and drinks. I was on a US Air flight once when we were just offered coffee, water and carrots. It was my worst nightmare.
Old May 20, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
How about free drinks?

Does Indy give out free coupons like Southwest?
Old Jun 3, 2005, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So how long does a flight need to be for snack service?
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Every flight I have been on has offered beverage / snack service regardless of length. On the IAD - JFK route (which is one of the shorter routes... about 40 minutes in the air) they offer both services. The FA's are very efficient in getting to everyone.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Brands are:

Beer--Heineken, Budweiser, Bud Light

Wine--Sutter Home Chardonnay and Merlot
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
No snacks for me on flights as long as 1:10 IAD-PVD, but extremely attentive service, what a great airline! Im very impressed, let's hope they can keep it together.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
I had a choice of oatmeal bar, sun chips or big bag of Grandma's cookies, PLUS offers to refill drinks on IAD-BOS at 8:10 am last week. Saturday night, no snack...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.