FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Independence Air iClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub-587/)
-   -   **WARNING** Check Your Flights... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub/425117-warning-check-your-flights.html)

StSebastian Apr 28, 2005 12:52 am

I can't complain if you got your money back in full. There are people in ORF that have had a problem with that since service to that airport is being ended.

Things go wrong with the airline schedule periodically. I had a US/UA combination that got screwed up by US and rebooked onto a much worse flight. I was on a US schedule that changed 3 times in 2 weeks and happened to be in a travel agent's office and ran into someone else flying the same routing. I warned them about the changes and they pulled up their flight to learn it had changed. Yes, things change and get screwed up, and the plans we've put into place get screwed up, but the more you fly the more you end up expecting it and make the adjustments when it happens.

Don't be the people on Airline.

Klasseetoo May 3, 2005 8:35 am

No Flyi Problems For Me Plus Two

Three of us had reservations to fly from IAD to Orlando. We showed up early and they asked if we would like to take an earlier flight. Of course we said yes because who wants to wait in the airport when you can get on a plane?
After a week's cruise we arrived at Orlando airport, checked in and we were again asked if we wanted to take an earlier plane. HECK YES.
It was time to go home. Everyone was extremely nice and we had no problems whatsoever except that the money we saved allowed us to shop more. :D

jetsetter May 7, 2005 6:57 pm

CS Probably Good Except The Off Shore Call Center?

I have called and gotten the off shore call center, and have had to be transferred back to the IAD one.

I don't like the idea of the off shore call center.

DCA Blondie May 7, 2005 9:30 pm

Maybe DH hadn't called you before you caught the change because they were waiting to see what th options were going to be to re-accommodate you.

snokums925 May 7, 2005 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by NeverFlyI
My flight time was not changed, it was canceled. I was notified of a change +/- one hour within a day...so they do have the resources necessary to notify customers of changes on a timely basis, proven by past performance.

Could they be trying to hold money as long as possible to payoff current debt obligations?

Granted it's pure speculation, but why else would they notify customers within a day of an immaterial intenerary change, yet fail to notify the customer for weeks of a cancled flight. Something is not adding up here...

The carrier I work for (HP) will call on a schedule change (that's what this is) no more than 45 days out. I agree with everyone else, this is not that big of a deal...FlyI will (should?) either rebook you on another DH flight or refund your money. They should not put you on another carrier on a schedule change!