Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

No Refund Avilable On Flyi For Unused Norfolk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I wrote FlyI about getting a refund for unflown flights since I have a credit in my bank, as I will not be able to use the credit before they pull out of the Norfolk market.

Here is the reply I got today. They are crazy. They think I should drive 4 hours to get to them.

"Hello (NAME REMOVED),

We are unable to offer refunds for credits. Although we will no longer operate in Norfolk, please bear in mind that we continue to operate out of Raleigh, NC and Washington Dulles. We would be happy to accommodate your travel plans from another location.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again with any further questions or concerns either via e-mail or at 1-800-FLY-FLYi (1-800-359-3594). We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Best regards,
Customer Services "
Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
You can use your credit to buy tickets for other people, so perhaps you could sell/trade/give the credit to a friend/family member in one of FlyI's other cities?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:33 pm

eBay.. ?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
You know, that is incredibly weak. FLYI ought to reconsider this...obviously, the customers must travel out of Norfolk. It is not fair to make a customer spend EXTRA money to buy additional plane tickets--which I'm sure cost more know. They ought to at least offer a refund.

I'm a FLYI fan, but that's not cool, and it seriously makes me wonder if I should continue booking--they cancel my service, I want to to know I'm getting my money back.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by sgtpepa
I wrote FlyI about getting a refund for unflown flights since I have a credit in my bank, as I will not be able to use the credit before they pull out of the Norfolk market.
I don't quite understand the post, is FLYI not giving you a refund on flights you had already booked out of ORF, or are they not giving you a refund for the points credited to your iClub account. What do you mean by unflown flights?
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
You no doubt charged the flight. Dispute it with the card. You were charged for a service...said service was not provided...you are not responsible for the charge. Period.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spampurse
I don't quite understand the post, is FLYI not giving you a refund on flights you had already booked out of ORF, or are they not giving you a refund for the points credited to your iClub account. What do you mean by unflown flights?
I think the OP means that he/she had a ticket out of ORF that had to be cancelled, so basically there's a credit toward a future ticket that's going to go to waste (unless he/she drives to IAD or RDU).

This is one of many reasons why I'd like to see Independence permit fully refundable tickets for a higher fare, like Southwest. I don't want to have an unused flight credit hanging around in my account when things like this happen.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ExCrew
You no doubt charged the flight. Dispute it with the card. You were charged for a service...said service was not provided...you are not responsible for the charge. Period.
I'm guessing that if this person had a credit sitting around with FlyI, then the credit card company has already paid FlyI and the OP has probably already paid the credit card company.

The OP was the one that chose not to use the service they paid for and per the terms of the contract FlyI doesn't provide a refund, just a credit. There was also never a promise that FlyI would continue to offer service from the departure city when the OP decided to use that credit, that's why the credit is good towards ANY ticket purchase. As far as being responsible for the charge, I think the credit card company would decide that the OP is, indeed, responsible for the charge. It's all in the contract of carriage.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
I think the OP means that he/she had a ticket out of ORF that had to be cancelled, so basically there's a credit toward a future ticket that's going to go to waste (unless he/she drives to IAD or RDU).

This is one of many reasons why I'd like to see Independence permit fully refundable tickets for a higher fare, like Southwest. I don't want to have an unused flight credit hanging around in my account when things like this happen.
This is one of the prices you pay for low fares, unfortunately. The fares are great but when things go sideways, you are sometimes left to your own devices.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Words to live by

It is not Fly I's fault that I had to cancel my reservation and cannot rebook before they pull out of the market. But I think they should change their web site. Below is what is listed as their values.

i am about the customer first
i am genuine
i am about integrity
i am about operational excellence
i am innovative
i am enthusiastic

I DO NOT THINK SO. Good advertising, but not true when the pedal hits the metal.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:56 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by sgtpepa
It is not Fly I's fault that I had to cancel my reservation and cannot rebook before they pull out of the market. But I think they should change their web site. Below is what is listed as their values.

i am about the customer first
i am genuine
i am about integrity
i am about operational excellence
i am innovative
i am enthusiastic

I DO NOT THINK SO. Good advertising, but not true when the pedal hits the metal.
You have a valid point. I am an employee and I have to agree with your issues and I intend to take this up with the company this week. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience.

Mike
Airbus Captain
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by hammerman
You have a valid point. I am an employee and I have to agree with your issues and I intend to take this up with the company this week. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience.

Mike
Airbus Captain
Oh brother.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Apr 19, 2005 at 9:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.