Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Independence reduces Stewart service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Independence reduces Stewart service

Independence Air which currently operates 6 flights a day from Washington's Dulles International Airport to Stewart Airport NY will reduce that number to 3 a day in May.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:22 am

Programs: iclub
yeah, SWF is going down to 3 flts a day.....

they are taking flights out of cities that are not filling up most of their flight and increasing flights in markets that are. I think that they are increasing service in about 10 markets and decreasing service in about 10. (rough estimate). hopefully, that will fill up some more planes so they can stay around a while
Old Apr 10, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Capacity to CLT is nearly doubling on 1 Jun:

http://www.flyi.com/company/pressarc...ar/032905.aspx

From 350 to 646 seats per day, a 84.5% increase. The press release does the percentage calculation incorrectly, but it's an easy mistake.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:09 am

Well....

Originally Posted by StSebastian
From 350 to 646 seats per day, a 84.5% increase. The press release does the percentage calculation incorrectly, but it's an easy mistake.
well 296 more seats than 350 seats does come out to about 84.5%. How sould you have done the math?

On another note, I hope that they do this with a couple of their other popular cities as they get more of the Airbuses delivered. Making a quick RT to a city on the east to better space out their cross-country flights for more popular times is a great idea. There are a couple of cities that I fly to where the 50 seaters are just packed for several flights in a row.

Last edited by DataBaseDude; Apr 11, 2005 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
They're doing the math saying 296 of the 646 are new, being a 46% increase. I guess it's the argument of saying a 3 liter is 33% (1 extra out of the 3) or 50% (1 more added to a 2) more than a 2 liter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.