Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

College students - Fly unlimited Indy for $249 all summer!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

College students - Fly unlimited Indy for $249 all summer!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
The one thing that scares me about buying this pass is what the availability is. This isn't just "walk-up and as long as theres a seat your on," it says there are limited seats. So exactly how limited I wonder?
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:52 pm
Suspended

I agree with the above.

The thing is, this is just a short-term revenue generator. $250 for flying all summer? I don't know... . We'll see how they benefit from this in the near future...
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: Skyteam/Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred
Originally Posted by UA 882
I agree with the above.

The thing is, this is just a short-term revenue generator. $250 for flying all summer? I don't know... . We'll see how they benefit from this in the near future...
It's a good deal- remember there's only 3 days of the week that Indy will release freebie seats and they're not about to lose any revenue over this pass.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:21 am

Programs: DL
I sure wish I was still a student - eligible for this fare and time to travel...What a fun way to spend the summer!

Why not pack a bag, show up at the airport, and do a mystery trip? I bet you'll disccover some places you never imagined. Also, this could be a great way to get to a gateway... e.g. - Miami to fly to South America for cheap.

Have fun!
Old May 13, 2005, 7:41 am

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by flygirl555
I sure wish I was still a student - eligible for this fare and time to travel...What a fun way to spend the summer!

Why not pack a bag, show up at the airport, and do a mystery trip? I bet you'll disccover some places you never imagined. Also, this could be a great way to get to a gateway... e.g. - Miami to fly to South America for cheap.

Have fun!
I think you have to book the trip 21 days in advance.
Old May 13, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dknn
I think you have to book the trip 21 days in advance.
It's the opposite. You have to book within 21 days of travel.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:17 am

The website says:

"GLiDE travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays cannot be booked any earlier than 21 days before your departure date; however, travel on other days and travel to the West on all days can be booked at the 20% discount without this restriction."
Old May 13, 2005, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by retirentravel
The website says:

"GLiDE travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays cannot be booked any earlier than 21 days before your departure date; however, travel on other days and travel to the West on all days can be booked at the 20% discount without this restriction."
vatraveler is right. what it means is that you cannot book farther out than 21 days. if you attempt to book 22 days before your flight, the system would not allow you to do so.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My husband just went back to college, and unfortunately, he has a birthday early in April, so he just missed the cutoff. The limit on days makes it not really worthwhile for him. He switched jobs in December, so he's without vacation until then, so he's limited to weekend only trips for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.