Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

HHonors: "Recent Dining Rewards Email Error" (?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHonors: "Recent Dining Rewards Email Error" (?)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Post HHonors: "Recent Dining Rewards Email Error" (?)

Received this email from Hilton HHonors this morning:

Dear Firewind,

You were recently sent an email regarding the Hilton HHonors Dining program. The email you received contained someone else’s name and basic account information. Please be assured that your information was not sent to others.

The link to the Hilton HHonors Dining new member bonus was a valid link and the offer to earn 1,000 HHonors bonus points by joining the program and by spending a total of $25 at participating locations over the next 45 days is still valid.

It was the inclusion of another person's information that was incorrect.

We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Hilton HHonors
Did you receive the erroneous email this refers to? I did not. So, the best I might see in this is that it's meant be a broad innoculation against a problem that affected some. Otherwise, my receiving this in error tends to compound the problem. Then again, if my information (which I'm guessing is name and HHonors number) went to someone else and they don't have my password, no big loss.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Firewind; Aug 25, 2009 at 9:29 am
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Email address error

Firewind,

I did in fact receive an email message in error that had another individual's name and hilton honors number. While, yes, I did not have this individual's password it would have at least allowed me the "chance" to get in to his account and more importantly, it is likely that someone else received my information as well. I was very disturbed by this and sent an email to Hilton Honors customer service last night. It appears they are trying to quickly wash this away with a general email that all is still safe. I for one am very upset with this breach of personal information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.