FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   oops....missed my welcome bonus by 16 cents. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/981161-oops-missed-my-welcome-bonus-16-cents.html)

david55 Aug 2, 2009 8:55 am

oops....missed my welcome bonus by 16 cents.

I didn't read the fine print on the welcome bonus email ( get 1500 miles if you spend $25 or more in the first 30 days) and my meal tab was $24. 84 including tax and tip.

Unfortunately my partner refuses to go back ( and so should I).....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...raw-onion.html

So it looks like I blew it. All the other participating restaurants are too much hassle to get to ( at least an hour and half journey)

CaveatEmpty Aug 2, 2009 7:05 pm

...and if you hadn't been worrying about the miles, you'd probably have dropped $25 cash on the table without blinking.
BTDT :mad:
/.

Points Scrounger Aug 2, 2009 7:16 pm

I can recommend Seastar in Seattle (or Bellevue) if you're going to be in Seattle. It's about the best quality (though a tad spendy); Japanese Gourmet in Pike Place Market is a decent Japanese (sushi) place as an alternative for Seattle miles.

KathyWdrf Aug 3, 2009 5:54 pm

Participation of a restaurant in RN actually varies by the particular partner (airline, etc.), so bear that in mind when making/receiving recommendations. Always check participation for your particular program!

Also remember that restaurants drop in and out of RN. It's easy to assume that just because a restaurant has participated in RN for a couple of years or more, it still participates. Wrong assumption.

And finally, also check carefully the participation by days of the week -- there are a few restaurants that give 0 (ZERO) miles/points on weekends, for example. :eek:

Points Scrounger Aug 3, 2009 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 12169472)
Participation of a restaurant in RN actually varies by the particular partner (airline, etc.), so bear that in mind when making/receiving recommendations. Always check participation for your particular program!

Also remember that restaurants drop in and out of RN. It's easy to assume that just because a restaurant has participated in RN for a couple of years or more, it still participates. Wrong assumption.

And finally, also check carefully the participation by days of the week -- there are a few restaurants that give 0 (ZERO) miles/points on weekends, for example. :eek:

David is from the Seattle suburbs and was specifically interested in AA miles; I have dined there several times for their current aggregate spending promo, and thought I would be helpful if he wanted to try again in the city, as his experience near home was such a disaster. I would have noted any blackout days, or other restrictions to save him even further disappointment.

Thanks for the (usual) lecture!

KathyWdrf Aug 5, 2009 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 12169826)
David is from the Seattle suburbs and was specifically interested in AA miles; I have dined there several times for their current aggregate spending promo, and thought I would be helpful if he wanted to try again in the city, as his experience near home was such a disaster. I would have noted any blackout days, or other restrictions to save him even further disappointment.

Thanks for the (usual) lecture!

The "lecture" wasn't necessarily aimed specifically at you -- it was intended to be more generic than that! I wasn't sure how familiar David (an RN newbie) is with the program, either.

david55 Aug 5, 2009 7:26 am

Thanks for all the feedback.

I had done most of my research ( except the $25 bonus minimum purchase :() and as I stated there is exactly ONE restaurant convenient to where we live. The Azteca in Silverdale. Everything else requires about 90 minutes of waiting and travel by ferry back and forth to Seattle ...simply not worth it to me.

BTW.... the manager of Azteca promised a few dinner coupons to "try us again"..... they never came.:td: