Wiki Posts
Search

Open Letter to Rewards Network

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Open Letter to Rewards Network

Please stop sending me emails twice a week(which gets compounded since I'm signed up for several different airlines plus Hilton) reminding me of the RN restaurants near my Zip Code. I know where they are. I check your website often to see if there are any new ones. I want to patronize them.

In lieu of those emails, send me a promotion that will make it attractive to me to frequent RN restaurants. I haven't been to any in the last couple of months for that very reason.

Sincerely,

Notenut
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:35 pm

There should be a way in your profile to stop the emails. If not, does your email account/provider have a way to mark those as spam?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Generally we lose VIP status if we elect not to receive the emails. I just laugh them off and delete them. I have thought about marking them as spam but it might not be a good idea if they email you a bonus or a promo.

Same with the "reminder" emails to take a survey. No thanks. Why should I do something for *them* when they've been so stingy towards us?

The kicker for me was the All Double promotion being EXTENDED and then being quickly ending earlier than originally planned. I would have dined a lot more in the last 3 months of this year had this promo been in affect.

+1

Just one net positive I've noticed in year end 2010: I've noticed a lot of new restaurants joined the program in the Bay Area as of late. I see that some restaurants that I frequent from time to time are there. I'll get the stingy miles when I can, better than nothing. One caveat is that many of the new restaurants I've seen are only offering rewards on select days. Make sure to check before you go!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would hope that the OP isn't asking for all emails to be stopped, just the especially stupid ones.

And, the T&Cs of Rewards Network say you must be receiving emails from them to (a) earn at anything but the very lowest level (1 mile/$?) or (b) to participate in any promos. A high price to pay for avoiding annoying emails!

If your email program supports it (Outlook does, but many web-based emails don't seem to), you can set rules to automatically delete emails about "new restaurants in your area" and "haven't you forgotten something?" (the new incessant emails "reminding" you to review restaurants), while letting other emails from the same sender show up normally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.