Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

RN/idine and the recession: more leaving or more joining?

Old Jun 12, 09, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage GLD; AGR

Several of my favorite places left the program at the end of May (SIP, Salata). But some other very good places which have been around for a long time are either back in the program (the Harlem Vintage winery) or have now joined up (Neo Sushi).

Is the recession making more places leave (don't want to 20% cut taken by RN from diners' spending) or join up (need the money that RN is offering to loan them, think the miles will attract people, and hence don't worry about the cut that RN takes)?

What's going on regarding your favorite places to eat?
Old Jun 12, 09, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
About the same number here at a given time, but a bit more hokey-pokey dance, revolving-door action among participants it seems to me.

I find it frustrating that recently a couple of pricier joints have come onboard, just as RN seems to have abandoned aggregate spending promos.
Old Jun 24, 09, 3:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In the Sacramento, CA area we have some new ones and some restos that were members a few years ago on the list.
Old Jun 25, 09, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
In Baltimore I have seen a few higher end restaurants join the program recently. In addition, some of the high end ones that offered only rewards during the week have added the weekend recently. Overall still not a big group of restaurants to chose from here.
Old Jun 25, 09, 10:13 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
MSP appears to be slowly adding some mid range established restuarants.
Old Jun 28, 09, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Well here's some good news... My latest favorite new place (good recessionary prices too at 3.50 for a slice).

Grandaisy Bakery: 72nd st/Bdwy NYC. Next to the unappealing looking Gray's Papaya. Best Roman pizza I've had outside Rome: try the potato or cauliflower.

Last edited by salut0; Jun 28, 09 at 1:46 pm
Old Jul 1, 09, 8:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
South Lake Tahoe, Placerville and El Dorado Hills CA all had several places for iDine - S Lake has two left, El Dorado Hills several, and Placerville - none! (Road trips for clients can be very informative...)
Old Jul 7, 09, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Recessionary recommendation: Double dip with off peak 1k opentable bonus and RN too during their MTW bonus days and now with the up to 5k RN AA bonus. Mmm.

Search this Thread