Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Dining - MTW promo stacking with VIP Bonus?

Old May 10, 09, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium

Signed up for the VIP Bonus. Supposed to give an extra 5 miles per $, after your first dine of $25 or more. So went out and hit 3 iDine joints in ORD.

First dine posted, over $25. Got 10 miles per $ as it was a Monday. Second dine posted and only got 10 miles per $, it was on a Tuesday.

The VIP bonus says it may not be earned combined with any other bonus. But the Mon-Tues-Wed was not marketed as a bonus - rather a promo.

Just a heads up for other UA iDiners. I will wait for the third dine to post then complain.
Old May 11, 09, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Before you complain, did you check the T&C? What do the T&C actually say about WHEN the 5 miles/dollar bonus will post?

In other words, is it supposed to post immediately, or at the end of the promo period?
Old May 11, 09, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
Before you complain, did you check the T&C? What do the T&C actually say about WHEN the 5 miles/dollar bonus will post?

In other words, is it supposed to post immediately, or at the end of the promo period?
Good point, Kathy, here are the T's&C's. It does say to allow 4 to 6 weeks for the bonus miles. The overall verbiage is somewhat unclear as it sometimes talks about receiving 5 extra bonus miles (implies on top of the 5 or 10) and sometimes just says you will receive 10 miles per $ (assumes 5 base which we know is not tru Mon-Tue-Wed).

VIP'S Only Bonus Details

* This bonus offer is only for existing Mileage Plus Dining VIP Members. To qualify, you must register for the VIP's Only Bonus through the links on this page and you must be opted in and remain opted in to receive emails from Mileage Plus Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $25 (including tax and tip) in any combination of dines at participating restaurants, bars or clubs before you begin earning the 5 bonus miles. All dines must occur by June 30, 2009. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid benefit period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in Mileage Plus Dining. There is no maximum for the number of bonus miles that may be earned. This offer is not combinable with other Mileage Plus Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after a dine for any bonus miles to post to your Mileage Plus account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by August 31, 2009.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit united.com/dining. Other limitations may apply.

Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com
Old May 14, 09, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I stand corrected

I am getting the VIP's Only Bonus on top of the M-T-W promo:

Transaction Date Description My Rating Card Bill Amount Reward Paid
05/12/2009 BONUS - VIP'... N/A $0.00 215 Miles 05/12/2009
05/06/2009 TIZI MELLOUL... Take Survey AMEX 4004 $41.00 410 Miles 05/12/2009
05/05/2009 PHIL STEFANI... Take Survey AMEX 4004 $27.00 270 Miles 05/12/2009

Even got the 5 miles per $ VIP bonus on the $2 of my $27 qualifying dine that was over the $25 threshold.

Moderator - pls update the title of this thread. UA VIP's are getting 15 miles per $ for M-T-W dines. Kathy was right, I was too impatient.
Old May 21, 09, 1:21 pm
Suspended

My first additional bonus has posted, as well!

Gardener -- it might be better if you PM JDiver re the requested change.
Old May 23, 09, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
Gardener -- it might be better if you PM JDiver re the requested change.
Done.
Old May 28, 09, 2:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Done!

Darn system lag, though - JDiver's been on a National Geographic Expedition in China. Great food, no miles.

(Great HSIA in the Hilton Shanghai today, though.)

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
<snip> Gardener -- it might be better if you PM JDiver re the requested change.
Originally Posted by gardener View Post
Done.

Search this Thread