Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Double Rewards Promotion Mon, Tue & Wed? Confirmed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I certainly didn't see it this past week nor did I earn it this past week, but this morning, every restaurant that I've looked at (logged into AAdvantage Dining) shows 5 miles/$ today through Sunday, and following weeks Thursday through Sunday, but 10 miles/$ Monday through Wednesday both next week and the week after. (The calendar doesn't show further out than that.)

I've heard nothing official about this, but then it's nowhere near Monday yet.

Or is it a mistake?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I certainly didn't see it this past week nor did I earn it this past week, but this morning, every restaurant that I've looked at (logged into AAdvantage Dining) shows 5 miles/$ today through Sunday, and following weeks Thursday through Sunday, but 10 miles/$ Monday through Wednesday both next week and the week after. (The calendar doesn't show further out than that.)

I've heard nothing official about this, but then it's nowhere near Monday yet.

Or is it a mistake?
It is possible that it is a mistake. I reported that United restos had doubled the number of miles, but it turned out to be a glitch.

However, I am happy to report that it shows up across AA, Delta, NW and United. So, I doubt that it is a mistake.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Gift cards at the ready!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 3, 2009 at 9:01 am
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I called RN and it's not a mistake.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Wish they had started this week. After a long dry spell, I just had 3 dines on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
And in other news, it looks like RN finally got to adding Canadian provinces and postal codes in advanced search. Surprised to see that I can finally search my restaurants in Vancouver, BC now ^
Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Hmm, maybe I will start patronizing iDine restaurants again.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:56 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
"Just when you think you are out, they pull you back in."

Interesting and smart; likely Idine will do a mass email in a day or two. I guess that I'll start to bring my lunch on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jailer
"Just when you think you are out, they pull you back in."

Interesting and smart; likely Idine will do a mass email in a day or two. I guess that I'll start to bring my lunch on Thursdays instead of Tuesdays.
Figured this would pique your interest.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 7:11 pm

There's an official notice about it now. The Delta one is here.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:06 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Very cool - this may just be enough to make me go out and finish their silly little "Spring Break" promo. (With some of the AA bonuses out there, I've actually been flying to get my miles, instead of eating! Silly me!)

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Promo is on AA's as well. Link here
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:49 pm
SST

Just AMAZING how this "economics" thing works! Imagine that: they cut the rewards down by 1/2, and a whole slew of people stop caring! And their dining volume goes way down!

RN's Einsteins have now come to the conclusion that if the beancounters said the mileage purchases were "costing them too much" and cut their outlay, they might actually impair the concept of the business! Quick! Rush back to the participants and say "just kidding!" and offer 'em the old 10-mile reward on three nights!

My guess: 3/7 of us will take 'em up on it.

And then either the beancounters will make another charge at the expenses (and we'll see this limited to Monday and Tuesday only, after June), or the gallant Knights of Marketing will be emboldened and strike down the beancounters (meaning we'll get Thursdays at 10x, too, come July.....)

Hope they'd stabilize this program so you could decide whether you cared or not is probably asking too much. They are forever going to tinker with this in an attempt to provide graduate economics students with dissertation fodder.

I guess I'll start enjoying my dining less, eating at iDine more, and plan on pulling in miles again. But probably only the first of the week. I hope they're happy.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Double Rewards Promotion E-mail arrived - it's as of April 6, 2009

Why wait until the weekend to dine out? Start the week off right and earn DOUBLE REWARDS every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at any participating program restaurant, bar or club. There is no registration required. Simply dine out on those days to earn double AAdvantage® miles!

The DOUBLE REWARDS Promotion starts April 6 and ends June 30. And, if you're signed up for a bonus, it gets better! You can earn double AAdvantage® miles on dines that count toward your bonus, too!

On top of which, Lady JDiver got an e-mail stating:

Originally Posted by AAdvantage Dining
Now that you're registered for the Spring Break Dining Bonus, make sure you spend at least $75 at any number of participating locations by 4/30/09 to earn your 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles.

Want even more? Earn double AAdvantage® miles when you dine on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays! Best of all, these dines also count toward earning your Spring Break Dining bonus!

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 6, 2009 at 6:31 pm Reason: add Spring Bonus Promo applies to Double Rewards Promo
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
UAL promo up:
http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/p..._-promo-_-page
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:22 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Figured this would pique your interest.
In the parlance of economics, I am “Miles Elastic” and accordingly my three M-W Idines exceed $460 (this is what President Obama’s Economic Council calls “Pent-up Points Demand”).

I am shutting it down until Monday, when I will explore the Idineries of SAT. I will avoid temptation by not printing out options for my next stop, Austin. But, the “cracktop” beckons, so we will see if I have the courage of my convictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.