Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Hilton HHonors Dining by Rewards Network begins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

hilton has joined the pack: http://www.hhonorsdining.com/.

the breakdown is 8 hhonors pts/dollar for elite members, 5/dollar for online members. in all other respects, it looks like the standard idine/rewardsnetwork setup.

whether this makes up for losing bonus miles (no longer earning 5 pts/dollar) on the hilton amex is anyone's guess.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
I am suprised that this has not got any press I did not know about it till I got a offer for it today in my email.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton HHonors Dining Program

Same same indeed.

Hilton HHoners Dining

Membership levels and earnings popup chart

Elite
= 12 dines (but of course, one should read above to see how this can be accomplished "express.") 8 Hilton HHonors® bonus points per dollar spent.

• You elect to receive emails from Hilton HHonors Dining and provide a valid, deliverable email address
AND
• You have paid with a registered card at any participating locations 12 or more times in the calendar year.*
(You will begin earning Elite-level rewards starting with your 12th visit.)

Online Member
= 5 HHonors points per dollar spent

• You elect to receive emails from Hilton HHonors Dining and provide a valid, deliverable email address
BUT
• You have paid with a registered card less then 12 times at any participating location in the calendar year.

Member = 2 HHonors points per dollar spent

• You have not provided a valid, deliverable email address and marketing permission.

N.B. If you do not enroll and have no account, you will see NO properties. Enrolling, I saw 613 properties within 15 miles of New York City.

Similar bonus offers - double points through June for those enrolled in the promo on Mon-Tue-Wed (sixteen HHonors points per dollar spent on meal, tips, taxes, etc.) plus three more if you pay with your HH AMEX card, of course.

Last edited by JDiver; May 3, 2009 at 2:23 pm Reason: typoe :D
Old May 3, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I think I'll wait for a sign up bonus.
Old May 3, 2009, 2:25 pm

In my case, it's time to start using my currently enrolled card for a drink or ? before or after - or both! - using my AAdvantage Dining enrolled card, so I can hit Elite status and actually have a choice of earnings. 19 points per dollar is OK for June, anyway (I'll be in China much of May, not much Rewards Network there!)
Old May 3, 2009, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Don't forget, though, that the (normal elite) 5 AA miles per dollar of spend can be converted into 10 HH points. (Yeah, I know, there are limitations and restrictions and fees.... but anyhow, I do this conversion periodically when I have banked a sizable chunk of AA miles from various sources.)

So the question is, would I rather get (normally, once I achieve elite with the HH RN program, that is ) just 8 HH points/dollar immediately, or 10 if I go the AA->HH route?
Old May 4, 2009, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by JDiver
Same same indeed.

Hilton HHoners Dining

Membership levels and earnings popup chart

Elite
= 12 dines (but of course, one should read above to see how this can be accomplished "express.") 8 Hilton HHonors® bonus points per dollar spent.....
I'm sorry, but I DID "read above" (over and over) and did NOT find a way to get elite status by any "express" means. Of course, I already know you can make a series of small purchases to earn status, and in fact I have done exactly that in the past (for the AA RN program), but I thought you were alluding to some special fast-track promo or the like.

Naturally, if a signup bonus and/or fast-track to elite is offered, I will register with this HH RN program in a heartbeat. Till then, I can be patient.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by JDiver

Elite
= 12 dines (but of course, one should read above to see how this can be accomplished "express.") [B]
Not sure what you mean by "express", I just did a thorough search of the site and also searched via Google, and could not find reference to it. Can you be more specific regarding express "Elite" membership?

You're not just talking about the additional points for Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday dining, are you? (Because I don't think that confers "Elite" status for a member any more quickly.)
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:34 pm

"Express" status - charge your drink, eat, charge, decide you want dessert, charge again, and then - go to the bar and charge an after diner drink. Four dines, and three of those earn you "Express" status.

Lady JDiver did another way - drink here, dine there, dessert a third place, and oh, yeah, stop for a cappuccino at the fourth place. Yeah, after criticizing me for being "miles mad" - but earning 2 million lifetime AAdvantage miles earned her lifetime AAdvantage Platinum, and this helped, so she "gave in" with a vengeance, and vengeance can indeed be sweet...
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
So the question is, would I rather get (normally, once I achieve elite with the HH RN program, that is ) just 8 HH points/dollar immediately, or 10 if I go the AA->HH route?
Even if it was straight up 5 AA vs. 10 HH instead of 8, I think I'd stay with AA.

For one, I consider the AA to HH conversion a reasonably fair (even-up) kind of trade. But since there's no even-up trade the other direction, I'd rather keep the higher flexibility in case I need a flight award before I need a hotel award.

Second, even if you know you're just moving through AA to HH, every little bit helps towards the lifetime AA status. I'm just a Lifetime Gold, but I got there over 50% through partner transactions. Although I'm mainly a Star Alliance flier these days, it's nice to know I have OW as a backup. They won't treat me like a king with my AA Gold status, but at least I'll get some semi-humane customer service from them.

I'll join HH Dining when the signup bonus gets juicy enough.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
When I received my invitation to join the HH Dining, I was promised a 1,000 point bonus if I spent at least $25 (any combo) within the first 45 days after sign-up. I ate lunch today at a participating restaurant, gave the server a killer tip to get to $25!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHPlat, SQ PPS
Angry

One word of warning on HH Dining Rewards -- the sheer amount of spam you will get is overwhelming, and not from them, but they sell your email address and you will get a ton of spam that you cannot simply opt out of. I came into work and had 39 spam emails...normally I would use a fake email address but HHonors has historically been good about limiting emails and sending only useful offers. THis has been a major pain. Beware.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by theschultzy
One word of warning on HH Dining Rewards -- the sheer amount of spam you will get is overwhelming, and not from them, but they sell your email address and you will get a ton of spam that you cannot simply opt out of. I came into work and had 39 spam emails...normally I would use a fake email address but HHonors has historically been good about limiting emails and sending only useful offers. THis has been a major pain. Beware.
Spam??? I have used them for few years and only receive email from them maybe once a week or even less. No spam as of now from them.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:58 pm

Maybe it is in here but I cannot find it. Do I still get miles even if using a coupon such as from the Entertainment Book? Thanks! Sorry if this is a repeat.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Most likely yes. The transaction capture is done when they run your card, and only captures the card number and the total charged. Any sort of coupon would be deducted from the total before charging your card, so you'd earn on the total you actually paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.