Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Hawaii dining

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Advice on Hawaii dining

I have searched this forum extensively for some up to date information on dining in Hawaii but it seems that everything is almost 2 years old. Has anyone had and good or bad experiences with Reward establishments specifically on the islands of Ohahu,Hawaii and Kauai. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I will be spending 4 weeks touring the Islands in September and October and would like to dine at a few listed restaurants if they are at least adequate.
Thanks
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hawaii - Honolulu - da bettah da kine and uddah iDine experiences seems more recent than that. I'll be heading to the Big Island next month, but I'm not sure there are many restaurants on the west (Kailua-Kona) side, where I will be diving.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:27 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
[B][URL="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771269"]I'll be heading to the Big Island next month, but I'm not sure there are many restaurants on the west (Kailua-Kona) side, where I will be diving.
Definitely worth a drive up to Waimea to visit Daniel Thiebaut.

http://www.danielthiebaut.com/

My favorite restaurant on the BI - with or without idine (although idine is definitely a plus!). Sunday brunch is a must!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Hawaii - Honolulu - da bettah da kine and uddah iDine experiences seems more recent than that. I'll be heading to the Big Island next month, but I'm not sure there are many restaurants on the west (Kailua-Kona) side, where I will be diving.

My apologies for not finding this thread. I scanned the titles and didn't get beyond the first few words realizing that I couldn't understand the language.
I will try a few of the restaurants you recommended.

Thanks "tudorcity" as well for the suggestion below. I called and made a brunch reservation and look forward to this.

My favorite restaurant on the BI - with or without idine (although idine is definitely a plus!). Sunday brunch is a must!

Last edited by rolyjp; Aug 20, 2008 at 5:48 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 27, 2008, 5:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No apology needed - we merely point out some ways of finding resources to other members. It's about helping - and thanks to you and tudorcity for sharing Daniel Theibaut! I'm hoping their food is "ono." (Delicious.)

Originally Posted by rolyjp
My apologies for not finding this thread. I scanned the titles and didn't get beyond the first few words realizing that I couldn't understand the language.
I will try a few of the restaurants you recommended.

Thanks "tudorcity" as well for the suggestion below. I called and made a brunch reservation and look forward to this.

Old Sep 9, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Originally Posted by rolyjp
My favorite restaurant on the BI - with or without idine (although idine is definitely a plus!). Sunday brunch is a must![/I]
Unfortunately, they appear to have dropped out of the program this month (September 2008). They were in the program last month when I made my opentable reservation for this week, but they appear to be gone now.

According to the iDine web site, there are no iDine restaurants on the Big Island.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:17 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Originally Posted by flyermatthew
Unfortunately, they appear to have dropped out of the program this month (September 2008). They were in the program last month when I made my opentable reservation for this week, but they appear to be gone now.

According to the iDine web site, there are no iDine restaurants on the Big Island.
That's too bad - it was nice to get the AA miles. However, it definitely won't discourage me from eating there whenever I'm in town and FWIW, they are still on Opentable!
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Oahu...The Shack Mililani is always a good meal and time.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was just at Pancho & Lefty's in Kailua - Kona and the food was good, although slightly expensive.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Had dinner tonight at Tiki's and it was surprisingly good, had the signature dish, seared salmon over Okinawan sweet potato. It is on Kalakaua diamondhead from the Marriott. (On the island of Oahu, sorry I don't know any islands named Ohahu)
Old Sep 17, 2008, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by volkswankin
I was just at Pancho & Lefty's in Kailua - Kona and the food was good, although slightly expensive.
You must have just gotten the meal in, as P&L's apparently left the program as well. There are currently no restaurants participating on the Big Island. Although, frankly, even idine couldn't get me to eat at P&L's! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.