Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Program Participation Ending 10/31/08

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

CO Program Participation Ending 10/31/08

Today's OnePass News and Offers had this announcement. Hope this isn't going to happen to the other airline dining programs.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Seems they only half-heartedly participated anyhow, so guess it's no surprise.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Today's OnePass News and Offers had this announcement. Hope this isn't going to happen to the other airline dining programs.
It already did happen with one other airline program in the past year: BA's Executive Club Dining.

But note the parallel: It was the other airline which for years had given no bonuses at RN.

So what I would therefore expect is the upcoming dropouts to be any other airlines with a poor track record of bonuses.

Ie, not AA, UA or DL.

Note that NW is hard to analyze. First of all, it has bonuses with RN dining, but they're always at the NW end, never at the RN end. (Currently Miles To Go has dining as the second-easiest way to rack up bonuses, after a free daily game.) Second, it's going to disappear at some point as an airline -- once it completes the merger with DL, it'll be part of DL and thus won't be itself -- but it's unclear how many bonus cycles from now that will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.