Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

MAJOR RN website redesign - starting with Midwest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium

One of the RN joints I visit actually forwarded a marketing email from RN to the customers on their email mailing list. Seems they were thumping their chest about getting all 5's on the RN customer survey. The RN VP, in turn, was bragging on the new website improvements. ROTFL, the VP couldn't even spell the restaurant's name correctly. The changes look good, the mapping is now by Mapquest and looks a lot better. Check it out:

BEVEVINOS,

The first of Rewards Network's redesigned Web sites is live—Rewards Network Dining for Midwest Miles. The redesigned site improves both our content and search functionality to make it even easier for Midwest members to learn about BEVIVINO'S.

Please visit www.midwest.rewardsnetwork.com and check out the photos, member ratings, member reviews, maps, directions, menus and more. Rewards Network will continue launching our redesigned sites over the next 16 months.

Thank you for your participation in Rewards Network.

Sincerely,

Eric P. Messerschmidt
Vice President, Marketing
Old Sep 19, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
And here I thought he was reaching out to the hispanic community by saying Bienvenidos.....

Funny...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I like the list view as it makes it easier to scan names.

Maps integration is weak--when will they actually overlay the restaurants on the map?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Are you still able to do Advanced Search (around a specific address) if you log in? Without being able to log in (because Midwest is not a program I belong to), I can't seem find a way to search other than by ZIP or city.

I also get no map on the left (just a white box) and no response to Map View (only the other two views work), both in N and IE. Is that a feature you need to log in to use?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
AAdvantage Dining website redesign

I just logged into my AAdvantage dining account to check on a couple of recent pending dines and found that a major website redesign has occurred within the last 48 hours. It looks pretty snazzy, and I like the My Rewards section better than the old one. This is an improvement IMO, although I have not tested out all the various functions yet.

It appears that it is not necessary to reset E-mail preferences (essential for receiving 5 miles/$ VIP plus option to rate)--at least in my case--my E-mail subscription preferences remained intact.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I haven't been able to search by address on the AA website.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Nor have I. And as I'm visiting friends in NYC, it would be handy to search near their address, rather than within their zipcode.

Has anyone figured out how to do the old "Search by Address"? All I can see is the offer to change my own address in my profile. Which I would prefer not to do just to find the closest iDine sushi restaurant to whichever hotel I happen to be in that week.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
Have you tried one of the 'not-yet-enhanced' sites ?? Might get you into the ballpark...

priorityclub.rewardsnetwork.com -or- nwa.rewardsnetwork.com

(ie ~ get the basic location information, then login to the AA site for specifics..)
/.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
I have not been able to do any AA searches from my work computer yet. Must be something they are doing with the IP address. I called lack of support. They tell me they are deriving your location from your IP address and your account. But still I can not do any searches. using my home PC, I can search. What is also strange is the favorites list contained anything I had deleted in the past year including any restaurants that left the program and I deleted. Anything new in the past week or two was there, but all the old stuff was back. I even noticed an old credit card.

lack of support claims these are all my problems.

Called again - no more searches by address. Only City, state and zip

Last edited by FLgrr; Jun 23, 2008 at 9:06 am
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Short term solution?

If your main airline partner (eg AA) has changed over to the new format and you can no longer search by address, one possible temporary solution would be using an alternate airline partner site that has not gone to the new "improved" format yet (eg NWA) to search by address. Of course this will only work until all sites are changed over, requires several additional steps, and isn't guaranteed to work since some restaurants are not available for all partner programs.

to not being able to search by address!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Barton Cove
Nor have I. And as I'm visiting friends in NYC, it would be handy to search near their address, rather than within their zipcode.

Has anyone figured out how to do the old "Search by Address"? All I can see is the offer to change my own address in my profile. Which I would prefer not to do just to find the closest iDine sushi restaurant to whichever hotel I happen to be in that week.
there is a section which has your addresses listed. if you add in the address of your friends in NYC you can then select that address to search from. for example: tomorrow, i am going to be in our office in chicago. since i cant just enter the address i enter in our office address on my addresses page. then on the main page, it is available as a pull down.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ethang801
there is a section which has your addresses listed. if you add in the address of your friends in NYC you can then select that address to search from. for example: tomorrow, i am going to be in our office in chicago. since i cant just enter the address i enter in our office address on my addresses page. then on the main page, it is available as a pull down.
Thank you! I didn't see the "Add Search Address" link the first time I went to that page - I only saw I could change my address. This is ultimately a better solution for travelers - thanks again for pointing it out.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I don't know about you guys, but searching by address is still doable for me. All you need to do is to enter in the full address in the field with a comma between the city and the state:

eg: [street number] [street name] [blvd./ave./st./etc...] [city], [state] [zip]

Try it first by entering rewardsnetwork's own address. Just copy the following and paste it into the field: 300 South Park Road Hollywood, FL 33021

Works like charm.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Okay, found one major gripe - less easier access to AA Hotels. This is surprisingly a great way to earn miles as it pays 5 miles to the dollar for cheap hotels - sometime you earn more miles than larger hotel chains which earns miles per stay.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I sent an e-mail to AA about this and here is the response I got.

Thank you for writing The AAdvantage Dining program and The AAdvantage Hotel program!

With our new site you can search by Zip or City, State. Once you put in the Zip code you can narrow your search down by neighborhood, name, or cuisine.

If you need additional assistance, please contact Member Services at 1-800-479-5981 from 9am to 10pm ET, Monday thru Friday.

We appreciate your continued patience. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
I was hoping they would say "it will come back, just haven't got to it yet". Searching by zip does not always give you the closest locations.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jun 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.