FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/690721-idine-problems-bugs-faults-fiascos.html)

Keith Flyer Maven Mar 10, 2007 8:39 pm

iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

Hello:

Two meals at the same restaurant (a couple of weeks apart) have failed to post and plenty of time has elapsed. Anyone out there have any luck - or lack of luck - handling this situation via an email to [email protected]? The restaurant IS on the list....

dalm Mar 10, 2007 9:11 pm

This has happened to me several times...in fact - I just faxed some credit card statements to them to clear up six (6) dines that haven't posted. This is the "Contact us" info from the AA.rewardsnetwork.com site:

# Email: [email protected]
(Please include your full name and AAdvantageŽ membership number in your message.
For security purposes, please do not include your credit card information in your email.)

# Phone: 1 (800) 479-5981
(8 a.m. to midnight ET, 7 days a week)

# Mailing Address:
The AAdvantage Dining and The AAdvantage Hotel programs by Rewards Network
P.O.Box 619400
Miami, Fl 33261-9400

I have both called and emailed when I've had a problem and have always (thus far) had them resolved. Give it a try.....just be prepared to send receipts or statements to back up your claim.

This is an especially important time to make sure all dines gets credited as the 10k mile mega bonus just ended.

Good luck!:)

Keith Flyer Maven Mar 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Thank you-- I certainly have no problem with sending statements if that's what they need to validate my claim.

dalm Mar 10, 2007 10:00 pm

Just found one of the form email replies I received from them regarding what needed to be done on my part to begin the inquiry.

"Thank you for writing The AAdvantage Dining Program & AAdvantage Hotel
Program!

Although the AAdvantage Dining program is automated, occasionally we may
not catch the transactions due to technical difficulties and may request
that you mail in a receipt for a particular dining experience for
review.

Before mailing or faxing a copy of the restaurant receipt or credit card
statement, please verify the credit card used at the time of the visit
is registered to your account. Our system is designed to issue rewards
based on the registration of the credit card number. If the credit card
was not registered, please feel free to contact us at 1.800.479.5981 to
update the information.

You can mail to:
AAdvantage Dining program and AAdvantage Hotel program Member Services
11900 Biscayne Blvd Suite 400
North Miami, Fl 33181
Attn: Christopher

Or fax to:
305-892-3364
Attn: Christopher

For verification purposes, it is very important that the first and last
four digits of the credit card number is visible, as well as the date
and amount spent at the time of dining. Please be advised if a debit
card was used, you must send a photo copy of the debit card showing the
first and last 4 digits of the card number.

We appreciate your continued patience and apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause. Should you have any questions or concerns
please feel free to contact me. "

JDiver Mar 11, 2007 8:31 am

First, you need to check online that the restaurant accepts (for AAdvantage Dining purposes) the credit card you are using - in my home area, there are several local restaurants that accept AMEX, but do not include AMEX as an acceptable card to earn miles with (as indicated by lack of the AMEX logo in their details page.) This is most likely your problem, and it has been mentioned previously in the iDine Forum.

Secondly, since this is related to AAdvantage Dining by Rewards Network ('iDine,") this thread will be reolcated to the iDine Forum.

dalm Mar 11, 2007 12:28 pm

Thank you, JDiver. :) I learned something new about acceptable credit cards from your post. I never read anything like that on the aarewardsnetwork/idine site (that I can remember, at least). Knowledge is power! ^

FLgrr Mar 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Dining miles not posted

I did have the same issues this year. I found it easier to call, talk to a person that validated the card and restaurant combination for the day was valid. then got that person's fax (or email once) and sent them a copy of the receipt. They forward it to a department to take care of the credit. Sometimes good to call in a few days and see if the record shows the receipt received.

Points Scrounger Mar 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Call first

Sometimes they don't need the receipt to address the problem.

Usually, they will ask you to send one. In that case, you're better off with a specific rep to whom to address the note, as well as having the details of your problem written up in the computer under your account number as per your conversation.

ALadyNCal Mar 29, 2007 12:58 pm

New account problems -- any advice?

I have a DL iDine account but have never set up an AA iDine account. I have just tried about six different times and all were rejected. The error message said something about can't accept the credit card :rolleyes:

I did try two debit cards and one prepaid gift card....but the debit/MC's should've been OK. I went to my DL iDine account and deleted all but one card from there. So I don't know how long I have to wait before I can add any of them to the new AA account. I'm fairly sure at least one of the debit/MC's that I tried has never been added to any iDine account.

Now I'm stumped :(

Maybe they're having technical problems???

NJUPINTHEAIR Mar 29, 2007 2:54 pm

The cards that you have now deleted from the Delta account will now be able to be input into an AA account. My experience has been that it is instaneous once the card is deleted.

Points Scrounger Mar 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Cal them on the phone using the toll-free number specified on their AA site. The reps all work for the same outfit, but you're not supposed to use a different number than the one for partner about which you're calling - one of their pet peeves.

BOGO Mar 29, 2007 3:57 pm

Could you possibly have a UPromise (college savings) account that has your credit card listed? Upromise now has a Rewards Network dining component that they automatically put you into if you give them a credit card. You can opt out of the Dining savings if the card is already listed on another Rewards Network dining program. You could then add the card to AA's IDINE program.

(Upromise says they give you 4-8% cash back, but since I don't have any cards listed in their dining program, I can't see what savings amount would be for a particular restaurant. Does anyone have any experience with UPromise Dining? Do they have bonus promotions?)

ALadyNCal Mar 29, 2007 4:02 pm

As it turns out, it was a combination of issues :rolleyes: She said I had an AA account already (w/my maiden name 4+ years ago). She also got the (unexplainable) error message when trying to add two of my credit cards :rolleyes:

She also said the CC that I removed/deleted from my DL account should be available immediately to add to this account....but wasn't :(

I don't know what she finally did...but I can FINALLY log on.

BTW, never heard of UPromise before today....so that wasn't it.

Points Scrounger Mar 29, 2007 4:14 pm

One more thing

Remember that some joints appearing under Delta "elite" might not work for "engaged" AA diners. Here is Seattle, there are roughly 10 places where you'd get full DL credit, but no AA at all (without achieving status). For that matter, even elite lists can vary slightly between partners (rare though that can be).

Oh yeah ... Bon appetit! :cool:

ALadyNCal Mar 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 7493318)
might not work for "engaged" AA diners

Not sure what that refers to.