Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsalts
having issues with most of my dines not posting - they are telling me its new software some restaurants are using.

any patterns you detect?
You posted much the same (but with much more detail) in:
so i suggest continuing the discussion there.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 am

It could just be me but when using the filtering on this website, such as when I tap cuisine, it won't allow me to refine search. I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has the same problem?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mommafrica
It could just be me but when using the filtering on this website, such as when I tap cuisine, it won't allow me to refine search. I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has the same problem?
I which browser on what kind of computer system? And have you tried another browser?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:54 am

Hello and yes, I've done Chrome and IE. All have done the same. Even when it does allow me to refine a search it won't allow me to go back and do a separate refine search.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello and yes, I've done Chrome and IE. All have done the same. Even when it does allow me to refine a search it won't allow me to go back and do a separate refine search.
Well, I just tried it in the latest Firefox (I use Firefox for my dining programs since Firefox can save my passwords and protect them with a single master password, and it had that feature before Chrome even existed), and it worked perfectly. First I looked down the list for a type of cuisine that was showing, in this case Mexican, then clicked on Cuisine, the list dropped down, I select Mexican, then clicked Refine Search, and it redraw (after a bit of that "wait" thing it displays) and showed me just Mexican restaurants. I then selected Cuisine again, clicked Clear All, then clicked Refine Search, and it redrew the whole complete list again. Then a minute later I selected Cuisine, selected Pizza, clicked Refine Search, it draw a list of pizza places, then I did Cuisine, Clear All, Refine Search, and again it went back to the full list.

So I'm not sure if you're using the same procedure. I always only do one Refine Search, then I do a Clear All before trying a different Refine Search. I never go directly from one to the other, so I wouldn't know if that ever worked for me before. Cynical me, I would expect it to get confused if I went straight from one to another. (I guess I've had too much experience with different websites and different programs to have a sense of when I should start from scratch versus when it makes sense to issue multiple requests without starting from scratch.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 12, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:13 pm

@ sdsearch,

I would like to know if you've ever used Groupon+, and if so have you dbl-dipped it with iDine (or Rewards) Network? If so, what was your experience - positive/negative?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@ sdsearch,

I would like to know if you've ever used Groupon+, and if so have you dbl-dipped it with iDine (or Rewards) Network? If so, what was your experience - positive/negative?
Nope, I've never used Groupon myself (I'm more interested in miles than savings ), but I see you've now found a thread about that, so hopefully you'll get your answer there.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Nope, I've never used Groupon myself (I'm more interested in miles than savings ), but I see you've now found a thread about that, so hopefully you'll get your answer there.
Thanx for the response.

I'm interested in miles as well. I'm trying to see if I can dbl-dip with this.

My bank had a 10% Starbucks offer and Groupon+ as well. Tested it w/ my debit card (used as credit) but only saw the discount for G+ in my statement, nothing from my bank itself even though it was used in-store.
I know that Rewards Network is different, but still wondering if I will get the same problem. A rebate and miles would be nice.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Anyone else having issues with seeing "My Favorites" listed on various iDine websites? Mine seem to have disappeared.
CaveatEmpty likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, CO, US, UA, MX , DL - dirt everywhere
Angry 80% + of all dines fail to post

I think this started late last year, but as of right now almost ALL my dines across ALL programs ( AA, UA, Alaska, Jetblue, and even Spirit) fail to capture. I constantly have to email customer support and send in receipts. This is getting really annoying. I was told by a rep at True Blue dining that there could be problems with restaurants not wishing to settle Amex charges due to their higher fees - hard to believe this. Tried to NOT use AMEX and as suspected nothing changed.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I think it might have to do with restaurants upgrading their equipment to take the EMV chip. I have not had any issues with dines failing to post, but I do read the fine print to make sure that Amex is accepted for the program (some restaurants accept Amex, but do not include it in the program), and that there are no visit limits (one of my go-to fast food places has a limit of one visit per month)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbird2000
I think this started late last year, but as of right now almost ALL my dines across ALL programs ( AA, UA, Alaska, Jetblue, and even Spirit) fail to capture. I constantly have to email customer support and send in receipts. This is getting really annoying. I was told by a rep at True Blue dining that there could be problems with restaurants not wishing to settle Amex charges due to their higher fees - hard to believe this. Tried to NOT use AMEX and as suspected nothing changed.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Your post isn't clear, do these dines all post after you send in the receipts? If sending in the receipts solves the problem (after a long enough wait), then it doesn't sound like it's because the dine was not qualifying.

How many different restaurants is this? I've had most of my missing dines from the same few restaurants, if I happen to choose to return to the same few restaurants where i had missing dines recently. One restaurant in city X was printing the name of a different chain location in city Y on their receipts (and that different location doesn't participate in RN); that may have had something to do with it. (After i filed a couple of missing dines and explained this strange receipt, perhaps non-coincidentally the restaurant dropped out of the program soon afterwards.)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Your post isn't clear, do these dines all post after you send in the receipts? If sending in the receipts solves the problem (after a long enough wait), then it doesn't sound like it's because the dine was not qualifying.

How many different restaurants is this? I've had most of my missing dines from the same few restaurants, if I happen to choose to return to the same few restaurants where i had missing dines recently. One restaurant in city X was printing the name of a different chain location in city Y on their receipts (and that different location doesn't participate in RN); that may have had something to do with it. (After i filed a couple of missing dines and explained this strange receipt, perhaps non-coincidentally the restaurant dropped out of the program soon afterwards.)
The dines have to be manually reviewed by a human in customer service. By now I know that if i do not get the "How was eatery xxx?" email within 3 to 4 days, that means the dine will NEVER be captured. I submit a missing dine form, then they respond asking for a receipt ( I have trained myself to always get a receipt), and I email the pdf. Then at last the dine posts.

To answer the second question, even the same restaurant can be inconsistent. I had one pasta place post OK for a month or so, then the dines charged to Amex stopped posting, then Discover and Visa were Ok for a bit, now even these two do not post.

As of right now, the failure rate to capture dines as the program is supposed to is still around 80% for me. Across all programs (AA, UA, AS, NK) and all types of cards (I have given up on Amex for this).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:58 pm

If sending in receipts to get mileage is what it takes , I will keep doing it. Still, a shame that Idine cannot upgrade their system to account for the chip cards.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by tbird2000
If sending in receipts to get mileage is what it takes , I will keep doing it. Still, a shame that Idine cannot upgrade their system to account for the chip cards.
You seem to have jumped to an unwarranted conclusion here. All my credit cards are chip cards now, but I rarely have any problem with idines posting. Yes, it does happen, and when it does, I e-mail in the receipt for credit, but it's a rare occurrence. And even BEFORE any of my credit cards had chips, I occasionally had dines not post. Overall, I haven't seen any difference between non-chip and chip cards in the rate of failures to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.