Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

Old Apr 15, 08, 4:15 pm

It looks like they're rolling out a new website design. It's showing on my Delta account, but on on US Airways.

The Delta site is still glitchy. Going to the rewards history page gets "WERE SORRY. An error occurred while processing your request."
Old Sep 2, 09, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
missing dine instructions

I'm adding this information to this thread, which is linked from the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky thread. The contact information below a little different from what I have seen before on how-to report a missing dine.

Below is an email from rewards network customer service. Although it is about AAdvantage, the instructions seem to be generic for any program and to have come from general RN customer service. Just substitute the name of your program for AAdvantage. (I don't know how you find your member number, just that it is different from your airline/hotel program number. RN sent my number in the email below, but I cannot find it on the RN website.)

One thing to highlight -- you can add a card and then submit retroactively transactions from the past 90 days. Cool. I did not know that.

Dear zeppox, Member# ______

Thank you for writing The AAdvantage Dining program and The AAdvantage Hotel program!

We truly apologize for the delay and are working as quickly as we can to assist with your missing rewards.

Our records indicate that the transaction(s) in question did not capture to your account. Although the program is automated, occasionally we may not catch the transactions due to technical difficulties and we may request that you mail in a receipt for a particular dining experience for review. Please be sure to check the following:

Be sure to check the participation for the restaurant. Not all restaurants participate and not all participate 7 days a week.
Check to make sure your credit card was registered at the time of the visit. If it was not, please add it now through your online profile. You can submit the information for any dines done within 90 days of adding the card. The restaurant must still be an active participant of the program.
Please keep in mind that if your credit card was registered to your account at the time of your dine, you are given 120 days to submit your receipt or credit card statement for missing dines. If the transaction surpasses this time we cannot issue any rewards.

Once you have verified the above information, we ask that you please mail or fax us a copy of the restaurant receipt or credit card statement.

You can mail to:

(Your program name here) program Member Services
300 South Park Road Suite 300
Hollywood, FL 33021
Attn: Reward Claims

Or fax to:
305-892-3364
Attn: Reward Claims

Or email to:
[email protected]

For verification purposes, it is very important that the last four digits of the credit card number is visible, as well as the date and amount spent at the time of dining. Please be advised if a debit card was used, you must send a photo copy of the credit card showing the last 4 digits. Our system is designed to issue rewards based on the registration of the credit card number.

We appreciate your continued patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
(CS rep's name)

The AAdvantage Dining program and AAdvantage Hotel program Internet Services

(CSreps email addy)@rewardsnetwork.com

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 6, 10 at 6:05 pm Reason: bold
Old Sep 2, 09, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Zep,

This may work for a "virgin" card, but if you're trying to say that one can decide "after the fact" which program one can claim for a missing dine by re-assigning the card used? I'm not so sure that's possible - in my past chats with agents for resolutions, I could swear they can see exactly when either a card# gets moved around, or (more likely) exactly when a specific card moves into/out of each program.

Old Sep 2, 09, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
Zep,

This may work for a "virgin" card, but if you're trying to say that one can decide "after the fact" which program one can claim for a missing dine by re-assigning the card used? I'm not so sure that's possible - in my past chats with agents for resolutions, I could swear they can see exactly when either a card# gets moved around, or (more likely) exactly when a specific card moves into/out of each program.

My read is same as yours. The email said "make sure your credit card was registered at the time of the visit. If it was not, please add it now"

Registered? No joy.
Not registered at all? Add it and you have an opportunity.

Anyway, good point, PS.
Old Sep 24, 09, 11:41 am

Programs: *Au, SPG Au, Amex Pt, Historically UA, *Alliance
Seeing a new problem where not one of my dines after 9Sep09 has posted (I credit to UA). This is across at least 6 different restaurants. Agent assures me there's nothing wrong with my account and that I need to send over receipts/cc statements (groan) for all of them and that they will get credited with any required bonuses due.
I'm concerned about why no dines across many different locations and spread over the last 2 weeks have shown up.
Wondering if anyone else has seen/is seeing problems like this.
Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 09, 2:08 pm

I too had a problem with a dine that I had on 16Sep09. I called them yesterday and was told that they were experiencing a problem with capturing AMEX transactions and that the technical department was working on fixing the problem. Once fixed, they should post the old transactions. But, if I still didn't see it post by the end of next week, I should call them and they would manually post it.
Old Oct 31, 09, 1:24 am

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Omni
Its been years and hundreds of thousands of miles since I have had a RN posting problem, but three non-posts from early October makes me wonder if RN has upgraded their back office in much in the same way they have upgraded their earning/bonus opportunities.
Old Nov 2, 09, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, PC
I'm experiencing the same problem. Signed up as a new user on the AAdvantage (I used to do the cash back before they changed the program, so I switched), dined on 10/21 and it still hasn't posted. I've emailed and faxed the info, but nothing yet.

Anyone have a timeframe as to how long it should take after faxing? I certainly don't want to miss out on my new user bonus.
Old Nov 11, 09, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I just had my longest delay in posting in my history of using Idine. My meal was on 10/20, posted to Idine on 10/23 and the miles finally showed up today in my AA account on 11/11. Usually they take 5-6 days after posting on Idine.
Old Nov 12, 09, 3:57 pm

My dine on 10/21 just posted as Pending to my AA rewards network account today (11/12/09). It took an email, a fax and a phone call to get it there. So I guess I need to wait another week before it posts to my AA account.

Just so long as my "new user" bonus posts I'm ok. But that is aggravating and it really makes me not want to use the program. Way too much hassle.

What happened to the old days when it posted same or next day? When I used to use RewardsNetwork cash back program (before it changed to iDine with the different rules) it always hit as pending in my account within 2 days and back on my card within 5 business days. Without fail.

Last edited by michikade; Nov 12, 09 at 3:58 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 12, 09, 9:52 pm

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Omni
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I just had my longest delay in posting in my history of using Idine. My meal was on 10/20, posted to Idine on 10/23 and the miles finally showed up today in my AA account on 11/11. Usually they take 5-6 days after posting on Idine.
I'm seeing the same kind of delays between the dine showing up on the Idine site and the dine posting on AA. Whether this is a work flow or a cash flow issue is anyone's guess.
Old Nov 14, 09, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I, too, am still waiting for several dines from late October to post into my AA account. They are listed as pending on AA's RN site. I called and was told that it may take two more weeks for the miles to post.

God knows when the two bonus miles to will be posted for all November dines!
Old Nov 15, 09, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michikade View Post
My dine on 10/21 just posted as Pending to my AA rewards network account today (11/12/09). It took an email, a fax and a phone call to get it there. So I guess I need to wait another week before it posts to my AA account.

Just so long as my "new user" bonus posts I'm ok. But that is aggravating and it really makes me not want to use the program. Way too much hassle.

What happened to the old days when it posted same or next day? When I used to use RewardsNetwork cash back program (before it changed to iDine with the different rules) it always hit as pending in my account within 2 days and back on my card within 5 business days. Without fail.
First of all, I have never had a missing dine work by email. The only method that I have found to work consistently is to call, then fax (with all the info they say to put on it in the phone call). Then it typically appears on a Monday between a week and two weeks from when you submitted the fax.

And if this never happened to you before, you were simply lucky. I've been in various of the dining programs for years (including when the whole company was called iDine, not just the cashback program), and there've always been missing posts here and there. The thing is, there didn't used to me any option for email or online submission of missing posts, and so it worked better (because the only method of submission was the one that actually works, phone then fax).

Many of the msising posts are due to an issue at the restaurant (such as them changing credit card terminals without notifying Rewards Network immediately), and thus whether you get them depends more on the restaurant than the dining program. But I'm at least as likely to eventually get a missing dine at a restaurant I've used for years as for a new restaurant. If I dine at the same restaurant several times in a row before the first missing dine is resolved, they are often all missing. If I dine again only after the missing dine is rsolved, the next dine is rarely missing, because by then they've usually fixed the problem, whatever it was.
Old Nov 15, 09, 11:35 am

Maybe I have been lucky, who knows. I'm just glad this wasn't my first experience with RN, otherwise I may be really, really put off.

I'm just glad I kept the receipt.
Old Dec 21, 09, 8:45 pm

Tres Locos in Muskego, WI showed 5 miles per dollar available today as rewards. However, when my wife and I got there for dinner around 5:45pm today, they were closed. Drove about 10 miles to find out the website for Delta Rewards Dining had bad info.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: