iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos

Old Mar 29, 2007, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Not sure what that refers to.
"Engaged" is the Rewards Network term for accounts with fewer than 12 dines, but containing a dining profile. Those diners earn 3 miles-per-dollar. My point was that you shouldn't go solely by the list of local restaurants appearing as available for DL elite diners (such as yourself) as a guide to which local establishments will award AA miles for diners with fewer than 12 "credits" (such as yourself).
Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Not sure what that refers to.
The list for "engaged" (3/$) diners may be different than the list for "elite" (10/$) diners. For a particular program, the "engaged" list may show 5 locations, but the "elite" list may show 8 locations!

I am currently "elite" with UA but "engaged" with CO. 2 locations are listed on my UA list, but they are not on my CO list! (1 of those is a soda joint where I could get a "dine" for $1.50! )

Last year, I was "engaged" with US and "elite" with UA. A certain location was on the UA list, but not on the US list. As soon as I became "elite" with US, it appeared on the US list also!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:14 pm

Thanks, between prior threads and checking my DL list against an AA list, I realized they don't always match & to re-verify EVERY TIME before you DINE ^
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
changing cards

About 45 million CC accounts are being closed starting last week because of the TJ Maxx/Marshalls debacle (including a heckuva lot of Citi cards). Perhaps idine is experiencing a high volume of people deleting and adding cards.
I had to make such changes today and the online system behaved much as the OP describes. I ended up calling CS to make the changes.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Thanks, between prior threads and checking my DL list against an AA list, I realized they don't always match & to re-verify EVERY TIME before you DINE ^
Another thing to re-verify if possible is whether the restaurant is unlimited or one/month. I don't know if that can vary been "engaged" and "elite" or between AA and DL, but it can vary with some establishments from week to week!!! (I've seen several establishments near my house go from one to the other in the middle of some month, and in more than one case go back and forth, a few months apart, each time in the middle of some month.) I'm not a DL member so I don't know about DL, but I do know that at AA you can see this for each restaurant on a list (that you get from a search), but at UA you can't see it for each restaurant without clicking through!
Old May 2, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
iDine problems, faults and fiascos

"..you can't count on one being there unless you check."

And sometimes, "you can't count on one being there even when you DO"

About a year ago, I printed off a list of participants in Miami/South Beach; flew down the next morning, and dined that evening at a lovely sidewalk bistro on Ocean.
When the miles didn't post, I got on the phone ~ and was told the place had dropped off the week before .. the website error "wasn't their responsibility", and I "really should have phoned in" before dining. :speechless:

...and you thought only DHS was capable of such idiocy ??
/.
Old May 5, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty
"..you can't count on one being there unless you check."

And sometimes, "you can't count on one being there even when you DO"

About a year ago, I printed off a list of participants in Miami/South Beach; flew down the next morning, and dined that evening at a lovely sidewalk bistro on Ocean.
When the miles didn't post, I got on the phone ~ and was told the place had dropped off the week before .. the website error "wasn't their responsibility", and I "really should have phoned in" before dining. :speechless:

/.
They told you you "really should have phoned in" who? You can't call the restaurant to find out if they participate, because often no one there except the owner knows! That's the whole point of this program, it's supposed to keep who gets the earnings secret from the staff serving you, etc.

So did they tell you you're supposed to call Rewards Network customer service prior to every dine to verify that their website is correct???

Or did they claim some automated phone service of theirs is more accurate than the website? (Bah humbug, I bet if you'd used an automated phone service of theirs, you would have had just as much of a chance of the same error, except unless you recorded it you wouldn't have any proof in that case!)

This sounds like you were given a bogus answer, and you should have called back and spoken to someone else (or asked to be kicked up to a supervisor). They should have accepted a printout from the previous day fased to them as proof that you should have goten the miles, and I'm pretty sure other people have documented that happening in other threads here in the past.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
"So .. call Rewards Network customer service prior to every dine to verify that their website is correct???"

Yup, that's the gist of the message.
Can't you just imagine the chaos if a few dozen FTers got on the horn to Miami before buying their daily soda ?? ^

/.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty

You got a bad rep, who wanted to blow you off ... and succeeded. Your recourse was to follow up in writing, which would've stooid at least a 50% chance of their giving you the points, likely without directly acknowledging their mistake.
Old May 7, 2007, 4:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thought I'd start a new thread for troubles, problems etc. and keep it separate from the "Tips and tricks to maximize earnings" thread... so here it is, with the related posts formerly on Tips and Tricks. Just FYI.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
thank you!

JDiver, you are always looking out for us!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
Watch for Cdn$/US$ conversion for promos thresholds

I have been noticing various bonus miles not posting to my accounts. More precisely some AA RN spring Bon Appetit promo 250 Bonus Miles for dines of $15 and over and some Delta RN (early 2007) Bon Appetit promo giving 1000 Bonus Miles for each $100 in cumulative dines.
In the first case the missing miles are all for dines of $15 CDN or slightly higher (less than $19) and in the 2nd case I got 6,000 bonus miles for $702.51 CDN in cumulative spendings.

After numerous follow-ups with them, I have been told verbally by RN that they apply a conversion rate for the bonus thresholds while they don't for the "regular" payment of 10 Miles (for Elite) per Cdn$ spent at the restaurant.

Can I ask the Canadian Ft'ers to check their account to see if this happened to them also before I fight this back with RN? I have scanned the T&C and the various promotions T&C and never found that clause.
Thanks to all.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by 2muchfun
Can I ask the Canadian Ft'ers to check their account to see if this happened to them also before I fight this back with RN? I have scanned the T&C and the various promotions T&C and never found that clause.
Thanks to all.
See posts 41 and 49 in this thread. It certainly has been the case in this latest promo.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 2:54 am

I am having a headache getting some credits posted to my midwest air account. I went to a local restaurant and it said they took amex. When I went to pay they said they don't so I pay in cash. I call network rewards and they are going to credit my account.

That was Sept 4. Miles never posted to midwest air. I call up and rep says that credit miles go directly to the airline and not in the network rewards account and he will email the airline liason about this. Said to call back in a week if miles don't post. They don't. I call yesterday and the new rep will email the airline liason again to follow up and send me an email to let me know. Either today or monday.......

Anyone else have problems with "credit miles"? Shoudln't the credit miles go through the network rewards account first and get posted to midwest air.? Just curious.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I had 500 courtesy miles posted directly to my AA account. It never showed up in the Network Rewards account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.