Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Up to 2,000 AA miles for 11 dines with "Miles for Meals" promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Up to 2,000 miles are up for grabs when you play "Miles for Meals"!
Play Miles for Meals now to receive great offers of 500, 1,000, up to 2,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles, in addition to the miles you already earn with AAdvantage Dining. Play Miles for Meals today

Link to Complete Terms & Conditions

How to Receive Offer: During the Offer Period, visit www.aa.com/milesformeals and follow the links and instructions to complete the registration. Complete and submit the registration including a valid zip code and AAdvantage® number. If you are not an AAdvantage® member, visit www.aa.com/enroll to sign up for the program. Membership is free and joining does not obligate you to anything. Once you become an AAdvantage member, you will immediately receive an AAdvantage® number which you can use to complete the registration form for the Special Offer. To qualify for the Special Offer, you must be enrolled in the AAdvantage DiningSM program by Rewards Network (“Participant”). If you are not a Participant, you can follow the links and instructions to enroll at http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com.

The Special Offer consists of a First, a Second and a Third Offer, and each Participant may qualify for one (1) First, Second and Third Offer during the Offer Period. After the registration is completed and submitted, each time you visit www.aa.com/milesformeals you will be presented with a game board.

The first time you complete the game board, you will qualify for the First Offer. By qualifying for the First Offer, you will earn two hundred fifty (250) AAdvantage® bonus miles on your next two (2) Qualified Transactions, for a total of five hundred (500) AAdvantage® bonus miles. A “Qualified Transaction” is a transaction that occurs following the receipt of an AAdvantage DiningSM Miles for Meals Offer, which occurs between 11/15/06 and 12/31/06 at participating restaurants during a valid benefit period and paid for with a credit or debit card registered with the AAdvantage DiningSM program. Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week or times of the day. For complete AAdvantage DiningSM program terms and conditions, details, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

The second time you complete the game board, you will qualify for the Second Offer. By qualifying for the Second Offer, you will earn two hundred fifty (250) AAdvantage® bonus miles for rating each of your next four (4) experiences for a total of one thousand (1000) AAdvantage® bonus miles. To qualify for the Second Offer, you must dine at a participating AAdvantage DiningSM restaurant between November 15, 2006 and December 31, 2006 on a day when benefits are being offered. Then, you must rate your experience by logging on to http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com, going to the “My Rewards” page, and selecting a restaurant visit to review. You must complete the survey(s) by December 31, 2006. For each completed survey, with a maximum of four (4) completed surveys, you will earn two hundred fifty (250) AAdvantage® bonus miles.

The third time you complete the game board, you will qualify for the Third Offer. By qualifying for the Third Offer, you will earn one hundred (100) AAdvantage® bonus miles on your next five (5) Qualified Transactions, for a total of five hundred (500) AAdvantage® bonus miles.

For each of the First, Second and Third Offers, the AAdvantage® bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage® account 6-8 weeks after the end of the Offer Period.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
AA thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626029

Note also: "Limit one qualified dine per participating restaurant per day per member."

Last edited by cactuspete; Nov 17, 2006 at 11:43 am
Old Nov 17, 2006, 2:02 pm
VIP

This will go well with my recent invitation to make 20 purchases and receive 2000 miles
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:48 am

No minimum purchase on this?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It appears no minimum purchase HOWEVER ... you only get "credit" once per day per restaurant on this specific promo. NO splitting tabs within AA here, so if you're interested in other programs (such as the current DL and UA offers through 12/31), it'd be worth it to charge say $5 exactly to your AA-linked card and the balance on the other card. Just a thought.

I'm a bit confused as I've qualified for the first two parts of this "challenge" offer before actually making my first transaction. I'm assuming that the system is looking for diners to rate meals 3 - 6 during the qualifying period? I seriously doubt that the same transaction can qualify for more than one of the 11 needed, regardless of whether one has received notice from AA for more than one part of the challenge.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:03 pm

Thank you for response. But you aere able to go to two different reaturants the dame day?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, you can go to different restaurants on the same day for multiple credit.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It appears no minimum purchase HOWEVER ... you only get "credit" once per day per restaurant on this specific promo. NO splitting tabs within AA here, so if you're interested in other programs (such as the current DL and UA offers through 12/31), it'd be worth it to charge say $5 exactly to your AA-linked card and the balance on the other card. Just a thought.

Good point. Alas, I will just have to split my tab between my wife and my accounts, then.

Of course, once December rolls around, I will have to split it with my United account so as to put the final nail in the coffin of that promotion, as well! ^

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Nov 21, 2006 at 1:08 am
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:10 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold, US Silver, WN No Luv
Okay....so I'm totally glad for the promo and will take advantage of it but I really don't understand the game aspect of it. What's the point? Why not just a targeted offer or flat offer for anyone who's interested? Did anyone enjoy "playing the game"
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:00 am

The game part seems goofy. But do you sometimes get 500 and sometimes 1,000? How many times can on play-up to a grand total of 2,000?
Old Nov 24, 2006, 10:11 am
Original Member

Query number of "dines" required

Is anyone else questioning whether this promo requires 11 "dines" to maximize the benefits? IMO it appears a reading of the terms and conditions could mean getting 250 miles for the first two dines after receiving the first offer, 250 miles for reviewing each of the first four dines after getting the second offer (which, depending on the timing, might include reviewing the dines used in taking advantage of the first offer), and 100 miles for each of the first five dines after getting the third offer (which, depending on the timing, might include the dines used to satisfy the first two offers). If this reading were correct, one could have as few as five dines to qualify for the maximum 2,000 miles available on this promotion.

What say you?
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Racquetball
Is anyone else questioning whether this promo requires 11 "dines" to maximize the benefits? IMO it appears a reading of the terms and conditions could mean getting 250 miles for the first two dines after receiving the first offer, 250 miles for reviewing each of the first four dines after getting the second offer (which, depending on the timing, might include reviewing the dines used in taking advantage of the first offer), and 100 miles for each of the first five dines after getting the third offer (which, depending on the timing, might include the dines used to satisfy the first two offers). If this reading were correct, one could have as few as five dines to qualify for the maximum 2,000 miles available on this promotion.

What say you?
See post 2 above. There's much more discussion on this promo in a thread in the AA forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626029

and your question has been debated a lot there.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The promo seems to have been very poorly worded, as well as being an overall silly idea of having three "parts" for qualification.

I'm pretty sure that the program to award the bonus as a sweep later on will be along the lines of:

Two dines after registration? Award 500 miles and continue --->
(1 dine alone will not get 250 by itself)

Next four dines WITH reviews? Award 1000 miles and continue --->
(1, 2, or 3 of those will yield nothing)

Next five dines ---> Award 100 miles each
(#2 - 5 are "optional")
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:20 pm

Does it seem that the first two go arounds are worth it ( get 250 or 500 miles/dine), but after that the third one is less of a value because you only get 100 miles per dine?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
Originally Posted by best
Does it seem that the first two go arounds are worth it ( get 250 or 500 miles/dine), but after that the third one is less of a value because you only get 100 miles per dine?
It is worth it if you have not yet become an elite member and those dines bring you over the edge to get 10 miles/$ in 2007. It is also worth it if (in my case), my dines are only a cup of coffee or a slice of pizza (no minimum purchase in this promotion )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.