Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Does CC type need to match the website?

Does CC type need to match the website?

Old Nov 2, 06, 8:15 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TXL/DTW and cities in between..
Posts: 166
Question Does CC type need to match the website?

I recently dined at a restaurant which is listed on rewards network as accepting Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. When I visited the restaurant, they accepted my American Express. The dine has yet to post on my account - do you think there is any connection?

Based on reading past posts, I might just have to send in a copy of the cc receipt. Is it okay to blacken out the first couple digits?
DangerMouse is offline  
Old Nov 2, 06, 10:04 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Here! (Or there - I'm not sure)
Programs: Peon in all
Posts: 4,358
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I recently dined at a restaurant which is listed on rewards network as accepting Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. When I visited the restaurant, they accepted my American Express. The dine has yet to post on my account - do you think there is any connection?

Based on reading past posts, I might just have to send in a copy of the cc receipt. Is it okay to blacken out the first couple digits?
The type of cc used MUST match the type listed on the website in order to receive credit for the dine! That is why you need to check the listing to see what they will credit.

Example: The website lists AX and MC accepted. The restaurant has a sign on the door that they accept AX, MC, VI and DS. You pay your bill with your VI. (The restaurant accepts it.) But you WILL NOT receive credit for the dine! (Their contract with idine only states AX and MC - not VI. )

It's like if you use cash. (They accept that too.)

I don't think you'll get credit.
the_traveler is offline  
Old Nov 2, 06, 11:17 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TXL/DTW and cities in between..
Posts: 166
Ohh.. very good to know for the future! *sigh*

Well, thanks FT! ^
DangerMouse is offline  
Old Nov 2, 06, 4:46 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SNA
Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
Posts: 343
Got credit anyways.

I had a similar experience. AAdvantage Dining/iDine listed a local pizza place as taking Visa/MC, but I didn't make note of this at the time. I dined there and used my AmEx. When my miles didn't post for a month, I called AAdvantage Dining/iDine and said I had dined there and didn't receive credit. I faxed them my credit card statement since I couldn't find my actual receipts. They credited my account anyways. It wasn't until later that I noticed the pizza place accepted Visa/MC, but didn't mention AmEx.

Oops.


Steve
stevechin is offline  
Old Nov 5, 06, 10:23 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,167
Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I recently dined at a restaurant which is listed on rewards network as accepting Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. When I visited the restaurant, they accepted my American Express. The dine has yet to post on my account - do you think there is any connection?

Based on reading past posts, I might just have to send in a copy of the cc receipt. Is it okay to blacken out the first couple digits?
What kind of receipt do you have that even has the first digits? (An old-fashioned imprint?)

At any rate, iDine correlates on the last 4 to 6 digits, and they're used to seeing receipts with only that much on them, so that in itself is not the problem.

But they check those last digits against the card(s) you have registered for that account, and then they can see instantly if it's an Amex! (And if you unregister it, they'll see it's an unregistered card and won't award you anything for that reason.) So blackening out digits won't keep them from figuring out that it's an Amex (if they care to figure that out). The only purpose, then, would be for security reasons (in case it is an imprint type receipt that shows the whole number, in which case it's more than just a couple digits that you want to black out!).
sdsearch is offline  
Old Nov 7, 06, 4:05 pm
  #6  
VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by the_traveler
The type of cc used MUST match the type listed on the website in order to receive credit for the dine! That is why you need to check the listing to see what they will credit.

Example: The website lists AX and MC accepted. The restaurant has a sign on the door that they accept AX, MC, VI and DS. You pay your bill with your VI. (The restaurant accepts it.) But you WILL NOT receive credit for the dine! (Their contract with idine only states AX and MC - not VI. )

It's like if you use cash. (They accept that too.)

I don't think you'll get credit.
Are you sure about this? I thought all you needed to receive credit was to register your card (of whatever type) with iDine. Then, if you use that specific card at an eligible restaurant, you get the credit.

Using cash is not a valid comparison since it's virtually untraceable by idine.

Their T&C states:
Dine at any participating restaurant when points are being offered and pay with a credit/debit card you've registered in the program.
VIP is offline  
Old Nov 8, 06, 8:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Here! (Or there - I'm not sure)
Programs: Peon in all
Posts: 4,358
Originally Posted by VIP
Are you sure about this? I thought all you needed to receive credit was to register your card (of whatever type) with iDine. Then, if you use that specific card at an eligible restaurant, you get the credit.
I just randomly picked a restaurant. According to the idine website (at least for US), the following is listed:
Rewards Network Guidelines for This Restaurant: Unlimited visits, Benefit awarded up to the maximum spending of $600 per month, see above for benefit availability. Please call the restaurant for up-to-date hours of operations.


Accepted Cards: MC, VI
I have MC and AX registered with US.

If I use my MC at this restaurant, I will get credit. I don't think I'd get credit if I paid with AX - even though the restarant accepts it for payment! (It is not 1 of the accepted cards listed for idine credit with US. I have also seen listed a location accepting MC and AX with say US, but only accepting AX with say UA or NW!)

Originally Posted by VIP
Using cash is not a valid comparison since it's virtually untraceable by idine.
I only mentioned cash as an example of a form of payment that the location accepts. (Some places even accept personal checks!) I know you don't receive idine credit.
the_traveler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: