Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Expired Credit card-register new exp date for points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN

While updating the family IDine spreadsheet, I noticed that the registered credit card for one program had passed its expiration date. Does IDine require that we keep up-to-date the expiration dates on our registered cards? When I get my card with new dates, do I need to give them to IDine to get my points/miles? What is your experience?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:27 pm

While it is a good idea to update the expiration date, I have found that dines will still post with and expired experation date.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
As long as the actual cc# is the same, and the charge went through okay from the restaurant, it should be fine.

A while back, I had a rep insist on confirming my linked card as part of the pre-chat process before addressing my concern.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN
Thanks for your feedback. Now why do you suppose that Idine asked for the expiration date in the first place? Is it to verify that it is indeed a valid card? If my dines will post fine without it, I am inclined to leave in the old dates even if my card has new dates. It is one less piece of data out there in the world with my name on it.
I did check the UPromise website, and it specifically says that there is no need to update listed cards with new expiration dates. They are now on the IDine Rewards Network, but I don't use UPromise for my Idine accounts. (I register my credit card with Upromise after the card is already on my airline Idine account.)
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:19 pm

On 2 or 3 separate occasions, I have used new credit card replacements for old cards which had been registered with idine. NONE of the charges ever posted. My advice is to keep your profile updated whenever you get a new card.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:00 am

If only the -date- is changed, it shouldn't make a lick of difference @ RN.
If the card account# is changed, then, yeah that'd be a problem.

Remember, you can have as many as (5) cards on one RN account - just add the 'new' number, and delete the 'old' number after it's dines have all cleared.

Or not . (placeholder strategy) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.