Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Member

The Southwest Airlines Rewards Network (iDine) new member bonus was improved to 1,000 bonus points. All of the other dining programs set to expire last month were extended
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sorry if this is OT, but I have received surveys from RN asking "why aren't you dining with us anymore?" I have responded that it's because of lack of promotions. Anyone else?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sorry if this is OT, but I have received surveys from RN asking "why aren't you dining with us anymore?" I have responded that it's because of lack of promotions. Anyone else?
I didn't even realize there were surveys, other than for restaurants of course. (I don't know if I got any or not.) I tend to delete emails from them with that sort of title because I tend for months to focus on one of half a dozen RN programs I have to the exclusion of all the rest for a period of time, and they just each individually complain why I haven't dined with them when I have been dining but with another airline's subprogram. (I'm using my Chase Freedom card for the 5x rotating bonus for restaurants this quarter, and it's too much work to keep switching it between programs, so between July and September all my dines are automatically in one mileage program. Also, these days I focus my dines on UA more than the others because I'm locked out of earning UA miles from credit cards due to 5/24 .)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I'm getting the surveys, too, but no enticements.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
... they just each individually complain why I haven't dined with them when I have been dining but with another airline's subprogram...
Always interesting to me. Over the years, I've called to sign up with airline "Y"'s program, and heard, "I have you in "X"'s program. Do you want to switch?" Or I've called to ask why I didn't earn any miles, let alone the bonus I was going for, in airline "X"'s program, and learned that I'd earned miles in "Y". (There were more than two; not trying to disguise them; they're all the same; I just don't remember which were which, back in the day.)

I note, "Over the years..." because suchlike happened back when the bonuses were relatively lucrative enough that it mattered which was which beyond just to keep accounts alive ... which was my unheeded one answer that mattered before I stopped taking the surveys.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Over the years, I've called to sign up with airline "Y"'s program, and heard, "I have you in "X"'s program. Do you want to switch?"
Oh, gosh, I didn't even realize you could sign up on the phone. I did all my signups online, and online they didn't ask any such thing.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I just received a bonus offer from DL. I will earn 250 bonus miles for one dine from 9/19/16 to 10/3/16. It may take six weeks for the bonus miles to be posted in my DL account. My other dining accounts did not offer any bonus.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I am in American's program, and earned just one dine in the past 6 months. For whatever reason a ton of the regular places I was dining (and earning) have left the program, and I never noticed. Is there any better program or network I should be chasing? I've had some good bonus hits in the past.

Thanks in advance for all the great insights I get here.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cooper21
I am in American's program, and earned just one dine in the past 6 months. For whatever reason a ton of the regular places I was dining (and earning) have left the program, and I never noticed. Is there any better program or network I should be chasing? I've had some good bonus hits in the past.

Thanks in advance for all the great insights I get here.
You'll have the same selection of restaurants in each program. So you have to learn to check often to see whether the restaurants you plan to go to are still participating (and whether they give miles anytime or only once a month, and whether they gives miles every day or only certain days of the week). I've seen restaurants that were unlimited dines giving miles drop out, come back in a few days later as giving miles only once a month.

Lots of people have had good bonus hits in the past. But the days of good bonuses seem to be long gone. The 250 miles mentioned above for 1 dine, once in a rare moon, is about as good as it gets (if you've already joined all the programs that make sense for you).

And there is no other network that lots you earns miles for dining, except for the much tinier one at www.thanksagain.com.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Also, check your airline programs to see if they're offering the same amount of miles. I'm not sure if JetBlue is the only one out of all of them that does this, but JetBlue is also a RewardsNetwork earning partner and they keep it simple with a terrible earning rate (compared to other programs which earn 3 or 5 miles per $ depending on whether you have VIP status) and no increased rates due to VIP status (in fact, their program has no status levels at all).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I just received a bonus offer from DL. I will earn 250 bonus miles for one dine from 9/19/16 to 10/3/16. It may take six weeks for the bonus miles to be posted in my DL account. My other dining accounts did not offer any bonus.
I got the same offer at the same time also from DL, and also not from any of the other programs.

I haven't dined in DL dining in about half a year. I've been dining in UA since at least the start of July (my Freedom card is registered to UA dining and the Freedom 3Q 2016 bonus is restaurants), before that for a couple months I was doing mostly AS.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:28 am

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
I got the same offer at the same time also from DL, and also not from any of the other programs.

I haven't dined in DL dining in about half a year. I've been dining in UA since at least the start of July (my Freedom card is registered to UA dining and the Freedom 3Q 2016 bonus is restaurants), before that for a couple months I was doing mostly AS.
I got the same offer from UA......
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spoke too soon. A day later (yesterday), I got the same from AA, except of course the 14-day period starts a day later and ends a day later than for DL promo which came the previous day.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I got the same deal from the United program, albeit late last month. I did not partake as I did not have time, and my favorite RN restaurant closed for good.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN

I had not dined with DL for about 9 months, and it's about the same for all my other programs. I usually do enough dines to renew my VIP status in each program and then focus on AA. The only time I divert my focus is for a bonus. I went out and dined right away with DL to earn the 250 bonus, and now I will return to AA until another bonus comes along.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:21 am

From AA, received 10/25: 750 bonus miles for one dine in the next 14 days. I'm VIP through next year; my last dine was 7/18.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.