Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
We have some bonuses! Just received two emails- one from DL and the other from US.

Delta's promo is: 10,000 reasons to party bonus. Each time you spend $250 you will earn 1,000 bonus miles. You do not have to spend $250 in one dine. Every dine from the date of registration to 12/31/12 counts. You must also complete every survey within 30 days of each dine. 1,000 bonus miles x 10 = 10,000 max bonus miles. . .
I just logged onto my United Dining account and the same bonus is available there (same as the Delta bonus).
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Is there a link for the MP bonus?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
Is there a link for the MP bonus?
Not that I know of. These have been targeted offers in the past few months. Log into your MP Dining account and click on "Bonuses" on the menu bar. If you see the "10,000 Reasons to Party" bonus there, you should be able to register.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Must be my lucky day. I got the "Step Up to the Plate" bonus from United, with a cap of 15,000 bonus miles:
Earn 1,500 MileagePlus® bonus award miles up to 10 times!
You're an accomplished diner, and you know the value of earning award miles with your meals. For a limited time, MileagePlus Dining℠ restaurants will be even more rewarding than usual.
Strike while the skillet's hot and you can earn up to 15,000 bonus award miles! This bonus is easy to earn and too valuable to pass up.
Here's how to start on your way to 15,000 bonus award miles:
1 Register for the Step Up to the Plate Bonus*
2 Visit participating restaurants, spend a combined total of $250 through September 30, 2012, and complete all reviews within 30 days of dining
3 Earn 1,500 bonus award miles
4 Repeat up to 10 times to earn a total of 15,000 bonus award miles!
T&Cs make clear that this is indeed a targeted promo. This will give me a chance to replenish miles just used on an award to California.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have 10,000 Reasons to Party bonus at AA, and it seems tied to lack of activity

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
I just logged onto my United Dining account and the same bonus is available there (same as the Delta bonus).
Were these accounts you hadn't been using much for a while?

(Ie, is the targeting similar to the targeting of a couple months ago for the One Bite At A Time" bonus?)

It seems to be for me. I didn't get it at Detla (I'm already doing One Bite At A Time" at Delta), I didn't get it at United (I used United heavily until the Get Ahead bonus, including its extension, finally ended), but I just checked and I have it at AA (where I only had 7 dines so far this year, very early in the year).

Btw, I was able to see this without actually "logging in", but that's because the site remembered who I am from a previuos visit. (I wouldn't have seen it, I'm sure, if I had neither logged in nor had the site remember me.)

Oh, and I just saw that AAdvantage Dining sent me an email telling me I had this bonus! But I hadn't checked my email during the last hour or so (since they sent it), and I'd seen this post and tried AA Dining on a hunch first (and only saw the email now after I'd registered and went to see if I had a registration confirmation email yet!).
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Were these accounts you hadn't been using much for a while? . . . .
Hi sdsearch - I have one dine this year on my MP Dining account (back in April). Real lack of RN restaurants in my area for the last couple of years. No dines my other accounts (AA, DL, Alaska, HHonors, US) - but I didn't get a bonus offer for those either, just UA's MP Dining. I didn't get a bonus offer for DL - I was just commenting that my UA offer was the same offer that Open Jaw got for DL.

Also, I got the MP Dining email this morning about the MP Dining bonus (I was able to see it on my account yesterday).
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Must be my lucky day. I got the "Step Up to the Plate" bonus from United, with a cap of 15,000 bonus miles:
Earn 1,500 MileagePlus® bonus award miles up to 10 times!
You're an accomplished diner, and you know the value of earning award miles with your meals. For a limited time, MileagePlus Dining℠ restaurants will be even more rewarding than usual.
Strike while the skillet's hot and you can earn up to 15,000 bonus award miles! This bonus is easy to earn and too valuable to pass up.
Here's how to start on your way to 15,000 bonus award miles:
1 Register for the Step Up to the Plate Bonus*
2 Visit participating restaurants, spend a combined total of $250 through September 30, 2012, and complete all reviews within 30 days of dining
3 Earn 1,500 bonus award miles
4 Repeat up to 10 times to earn a total of 15,000 bonus award miles!
T&Cs make clear that this is indeed a targeted promo. This will give me a chance to replenish miles just used on an award to California.
Sounds good, the one I got from AADVANTAGE DINE IS for 10k but it is good until December 31st. That gives me plenty of time to eat my way to 10k miles
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Went to links via TPG, was told Not eligible for either AA or UA
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; HHonors Gold; UA Silver
Time is on your side. Each dollar you spend between now and December 31, 2012, will count toward your $100 milestone. Use a registered card at a café when you catch your morning coffee, pick a program pizzeria for your family movie night or select a participating sandwich shop for your lunchtime subs.[/INDENT]
Appears dates are different as well. I am a DL VIP and received the Step Up To The Plate bonus, but it is only good to the end of September

"Visit participating restaurants, spend a combined total of $250 through September 30, 2012, and complete all reviews within 30 days of dining".
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PJBoogie
Appears dates are different as well. I am a DL VIP and received the Step Up To The Plate bonus, but it is only good to the end of September
Please note that there appear to be (at least!) two different targeted bonuses being sent out now (in addition to the third which was sent out a couple months ago).

The Step Up To The Plate bonus, if you get it, seems to go through the end of September.

The 10000 Reasons To Party bonus, if you get it, seems to go through the end of December.

The One Bite At A Time Bonus (of a couple months ago), if you got it, goes through the end of December.

The correlation I am hypothesizing is not based on whether you're VIP or not, it's based on some other measure of activity (in particular, activity in more recent months, rather than the whole year to date necessarily). And by "activity", I mean of course lack of it! (Ie, those people who belong to only program and keep using it, I wouldn't necessarily expect any of these targeted promos if I were you!)
Old Aug 1, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Please note that there appear to be (at least!) two different targeted bonuses being sent out now (in addition to the third which was sent out a couple months ago).

The Step Up To The Plate bonus, if you get it, seems to go through the end of September.

The 10000 Reasons To Party bonus, if you get it, seems to go through the end of December.

The One Bite At A Time Bonus (of a couple months ago), if you got it, goes through the end of December.

The correlation I am hypothesizing is not based on whether you're VIP or not, it's based on some other measure of activity (in particular, activity in more recent months, rather than the whole year to date necessarily). And by "activity", I mean of course lack of it! (Ie, those people who belong to only program and keep using it, I wouldn't necessarily expect any of these targeted promos if I were you!)
I agree. I only got the bonus offers in the two programs I use the least- DL and US. AA gave me no offer because almost all my dines are credited to that program.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I just received the 10,000 Reasons to Celebrate promo from Rapid Rewards. It is good through the end of December, as noted by other posters, and in contrast to the MP Dining Program offer that is good through the end of September. I've earned the most through the MP Dining Program in 2012 (AA is second); I've almost earned the least in the RR Program (Priority is the only program I've used less, and unlike the other four programs where I was a member at the beginning of the year, I just joined Priority in May).

This is actually a good duo for me as I have less miles in these two programs than I do in US and AA. The staggered end dates will help me as well as it's possible that I could earn the full bonus with UA and then will almost certainly get the full bonus with RR.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:15 pm

Priority (10,000 Reasons to Celebrate) and US (Step Up to the Plate) provided me registration emails today, leaving AA as the only holdout. I'll now have to figure out a strategy to include Priority and may just ignore or minimize US because, as noted above, I have plenty of US and AA miles currently.

I don't usually like to shift spending by buying gift cards; however, I have a number of birthdays coming up and Christmas will be available for both RR and Priority gift card purchases. Will also have to steer large friend and family outings to a program restaurant and then serve as the banker.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
The December 2012 end date on the "10,000 Reasons" promo sounds great -- except you should be mindful of the fact that, a few years back, RN cancelled one of its bonus offers WAY before the planned end date. So, I don't trust them any more.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The December 2012 end date on the "10,000 Reasons" promo sounds great -- except you should be mindful of the fact that, a few years back, RN cancelled one of its bonus offers WAY before the planned end date. So, I don't trust them any more.
Well, while I understand about the trust, do keep in mind that the one they cancelled was an "open" bonus (available to everyone). What they have now is targeted bonuses.

They claimed "lack of participation" for the one they cancelled.

What I would thus most fear is if they target you, say the bonus is good till December, but you wait till October to register, then you might find they untargeted you by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.