Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Notenut
Ah yes, the small print...it's not just 10 dines, it's 10 dines with the value of at least $40 each time. That's a little easier said than done at a lot of the RN I frequent, which are mostly for lunch. Of course buying gift certificates is one way of completing that goal.
I got the same 5 of $40 for 2500 that Jailer got. And for me, since I usually dine solo and never at fancy restaurants, it will have to be gift cards/gift certificates. Now to figure out which restaurants that I actually want to eat at repeatedly* have gift cards or gift certificates in amounts that add up to $40. (I eat a lot at one-off restaurants which often don't seem to have these.)

*In other words, it doesn't help that Pizza Hut has gift cards, since I don't want to actually eat there!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
The MileagePlus incarnation of RN just sent me the same offer, 10K for 10 $40+ dines. Shame it's such a short window of 6 weeks, I'm going to have to decide which one to pursue, I couldn't do both AA and MP, even with gift certificates, because as I think of it, most of the RN restaurants in my area don't even offer gift certificates!!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA DIning (MileagePlus) just sent me the same 2500 for 5 $40s that AA sent me a few minutes ealier (which I'd already posted about).
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
While I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, this morning the registration wouldn't take my password, this afternoon:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

RN-apps Server at aa.rewardsnetwork.com Port 80
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
UA DIning (MileagePlus) just sent me the same 2500 for 5 $40s that AA sent me a few minutes ealier (which I'd already posted about).
I got that offer from AA as well.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's the funny thing:

While I got the AA and UA both by email, when an hour or two later I went to the Bonuses tab on each one, the UA was there, calling it the Big Five for 2,500 Bonus (and I registered for it there), while the AA didn't show this bonus at all.

I haven't tried to register for the AA bonus yet (using the email); it's not a priority for me, since the card I'd use for AA is the one I deleted manually from AA in anticipation of using it for the AS (4 newly-registered-at-AS-cards) bonus. So if I am going to do the $40 stuff, I'll do it for UA first, and only do it for AA as well if it seems easy (to get gift certs/cards at restaurants I would actually want to use them at) after the UA experience.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I got the same 5 of $40 for 2500 that Jailer got. And for me, since I usually dine solo and never at fancy restaurants, it will have to be gift cards/gift certificates. Now to figure out which restaurants that I actually want to eat at repeatedly* have gift cards or gift certificates in amounts that add up to $40. (I eat a lot at one-off restaurants which often don't seem to have these.)

*In other words, it doesn't help that Pizza Hut has gift cards, since I don't want to actually eat there!
Some people use gift cards as, um, actual gifts.... so if you have a relative or friend who DOES like Pizza Hut, consider that a gifting opportunity that also benefits you!

I wish we had a thread on RN restaurants that have gift cards. Or maybe that bit of info could be added on the "Great iDine Restaurants" thread....

@:-)

EDIT: I have been researching gift card possibilities to help fulfill the AA "10 dines, 10,000 miles" bonus. I have found that some restaurants use a third party provider, e.g., OpenTable, for gift cards; Colibri in San Francisco (one of my favorite RN restaurants) does this. Somehow I doubt that such a purchase would qualify for RN credit, but has anyone tried purchasing these types of gift cards? To see what I'm talking about, go here: http://www.colibrimexicanbistro.com/ and click on "gift cards."

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Jul 1, 2014 at 8:00 pm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:21 am

I received the 4 dines for 2,500 for AA.

When I go to click on the register tab, it tells me that I am not eligible for the promo. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:23 am

8 of my 10 dines will be easy. I usually give my employees a gift card at Christmas each year so I'll just buy early

Texas Land and Cattle, a not so bad middle of the road steak place, is now part of RN in the DFW area so a stop at one location 8 times in the next 6 weeks should be very easy
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by DallaStarwooDelta
Just received this one....^

This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing AAdvantage DiningSM members. To qualify, you must have a dining profile and remain opted in to receive emails from AAdvantage Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. A dining profile includes creating a web login and remaining opted in to receive emails from AAdvantage Dining with a valid, deliverable email address. You must also continue to satisfy other Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn rewards through this bonus, you must register then dine 10 times at participating restaurants, bars or clubs with each dine worth at least $40 between June 30, 2014 and August 15, 2014. Please note that all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered with AAdvantage Dining. You may earn this bonus only once. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage Dining bonuses. Please allow 4–6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any AAdvantage bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by October 15, 2014.
I received an identical offer for UA.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning
I received an identical offer for UA.
And I got the 5 dines/$40 each/2500 bonus for UA and AA. As my SkyMiles account has the least number of miles of all my accounts, I'd really love to see Delta join the party, but I see their bonuses tend to be pretty lame.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
EDIT: I have been researching gift card possibilities to help fulfill the AA "10 dines, 10,000 miles" bonus. I have found that some restaurants use a third party provider, e.g., OpenTable, for gift cards; Colibri in San Francisco (one of my favorite RN restaurants) does this. Somehow I doubt that such a purchase would qualify for RN credit, but has anyone tried purchasing these types of gift cards? To see what I'm talking about, go here: http://www.colibrimexicanbistro.com/ and click on "gift cards."
To qualify as an RN dine, a purchase doesn't have to be a "dine" per se, but has to "look" like one. In other words, it has to come through the restaurant's credit card machine.

Any gift card you buy from somewhere else won't come through the restaurant's credit card machine, and thus won't look like a "dine" to RN (in fact, it will never be seen by RN). So no, only gift cards (or gift certificates) bought at the actual participating restaurant and paid on the same credit card machine they use for dines count.

The whole way that RN dining works behind the scenes is that they register the specific credit card machine at the restaurant. We know that if the restaurant changes credit card machines without telling RN, dines stop posting. So it's seems very clear to me that purchase of gift cards from somewhere else, since it wouldn't go through the restuarant's registered credit card machine, wouldn't count.

This is the same reason why at some chains location X can participate while location Y doesn't participate. Because each location has its own credit card machine, and RN registers each of those individually. RN can't "sing up" a whole chain in one step; they have to sign up each individual location.

But these websites you're referring to are not tied to individual restuarant locations, are they? And that's why they can't possibly work.

By the way, you can search for gift cards / gift certificates at RN dining sites, by expanding "Features" in the search parameters, and ticking off "Gift Certificates" (they don't make a distinction between gift cards and gift certificates), and narrowing the search that way. However, as with all information at the RN dining sites, it's not perfect. For example, I highly suspect Pizza Hut locations sell gift cards, but not a single Pizza Hut locations comes up in my searches (that normally, without the "gift certificates" filter, are "littered" with them). So I suspect someone forgot to enter "gift certicates" into "Features" when they set up the Pizza Hut locations.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 2, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
This afternoon I got my third variation of this RN offer:

10 dines @ $40 or more per dine, get 5000 Hilton Hhonors points.
For me 5,000 HHonors points is not equal to 10,000 AA or UA ppints.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Well, think about it. For those who have the 10 $40 dines for 10,000 miles, and are VIP dining members (so you'd earn 5 miles per dollar for a total of 2000 miles for the $400), you are pretty much purchasing 12,000 redeemable miles at 3.3 cpm and getting $400 worth of food included.

Last edited by diburning; Jul 2, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Southwest promo for 2x in July on Mon/Tue/Wed (targeted)

I just got an email from (Southwest) Rapid Rewards Dining called "Double your points!":
July means double points!

When you dine at a Rapid Rewards Dining location Monday through Wednesday between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014, you'll earn double points! That's 6 points for every dollar you spend. Register now to earn your bonus!
The fine print:
This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing Rapid Rewards Dining members. To qualify, you must remain opted in to receive emails from Rapid Rewards Dining. You must also continue to satisfy other Online Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn double miles through this bonus, you must dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club on any Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014. You may earn this bonus multiple times between July 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014. Please note that all qualified dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in your Rapid Rewards Dining profile. Offer is not combinable with other Rapid Rewards Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the date of your qualifying dine for any points to post to your Rapid Rewards Dining account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by September 30, 2014.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions and the latest rewards calendar, visit http://rapidrewardsdining.com. Other limitations may apply.
How nice of them to tell me on July 3 about a bonus that started July 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.