Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old May 1, 12, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr View Post
Clicked the Get Ahead Bonus on the Mileage Plus dining page and saw that it was indeed extended to 6/30. Hey better than nothing I say.

Although, I did have to re-register for it (even though it said I was already registered)-got a confirmation email. I did click the register button and now it's gone, so I did it just to be on the safe side
How do you know you "did have to re-register for it"? That register button is always there IIRC; their IT isn't smart enough to remove it when you're registered.

If you really had to re-register, you would have to requalify with another $75 purchase first, since this promo had 3 steps: 1, regsiter; 2, qualify, 3, only then start earning 2 miles extra per dollar.

My text on the right says (and note my highlight):
Your chance to advance has been enhanced—the Get Ahead Bonus has been extended!

You've already registered and qualified, so there's nothing more for you to do but keep dining out at MileagePlus Dining℠ restaurants. You'll continue earning 2 bonus award miles per dollar on top of the award miles you already earn for dining through June 30, 2012. Just remember to complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each visit, and enjoy earning at a higher level.
Old May 23, 12, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

new DL One Bite At A Time bonus 300 miles for each $100, through end of 2012

I presume DL didn't extend the Get Ahead bonus to 6/30/12 like UA did? (I woudln't know, because it only extended for those had already qualified, I think, and I never qualified for Get Ahead at DL.)

Anyway, a couple days ago I got this email from SkyMiles Dining:
ONE BITE AT A TIME

----- BONUS -------

Announcing the One Bite at a Time Bonus—the easiest way to earn more for dining at SkyMiles® Dining restaurants! Register and you’ll earn 300 bonus miles every time you reach $100 dining and complete your reviews within 30 days.

Time is on your side. Each dollar you spend between now and December 31, 2012, will count toward your $100 milestone. Use a registered card at a café when you catch your morning coffee, pick a program pizzeria for your family movie night or select a participating sandwich shop for your lunchtime subs.
I see it under my Bonus tab when I log into SkyMiles dining. Do you?

(The upside of sorts: It's 3 extra miles/$, and thus 8 miles/$ once you're VIP. That's theoretically a teeny bit better than UA's 2 extra miles, and thus 7 miles/$. Except that DL miles are typically considered worth at least 14% (the difference between 8 and 7) less than UA miles! And the downside of sorts: This bonus being good through the end of 2012 implies there will not be any better bonuses at DL for the rest of the year.)

One more upside: Since it's based on cumulative spend, it won't be subject to the half-dollar rounding errors (to the downside) that the Get Ahead Bonus has had. (The Get Ahead Bonus adds 2 extra miles/$ separately, and thus doesn't give anything for 49 cents, only gives 1 miles for 99 cents, etc.)
Old May 23, 12, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
sd,

No email or tab here. I guess no bonus for me!
Old May 24, 12, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Anyway, a couple days ago I got this email from SkyMiles (DL) Dining:
ONE BITE AT A TIME

----- BONUS -------

Announcing the One Bite at a Time Bonus—the easiest way to earn more for dining at SkyMiles® Dining restaurants! Register and you’ll earn 300 bonus miles every time you reach $100 dining and complete your reviews within 30 days.

Time is on your side. Each dollar you spend between now and December 31, 2012, will count toward your $100 milestone. Use a registered card at a café when you catch your morning coffee, pick a program pizzeria for your family movie night or select a participating sandwich shop for your lunchtime subs.
Since I posted the above yesterday, I've gotten the same kind of email from Rapid Rewards (WN) Dining, for 300 RR 2.0 bonus points for every $100 cumulative, and from Priority Club (IHG Hotels) Dining, for 300 PC bonus points for every $100 cumulative.

It's very strange how this bonus, so far, is 300 "whatever" for every $100 spend, at every program, despite the currencies of the different programs having way different value, and as a result of that, the normal earning structure of these programs being way different. While in theory 300 RR 2.0 points might be worth more than 300 legacy airline miles, that's just the bonus, and the normal earnings at Rapid Rewards Dining are way worse than at the legacy airlines. And 300 PC points is worth way less than 300 legacy airline miles, and the normal VIP earning rate on PC Dining is I think 8 points/$, instead of 5 miles/$, so the bonus is relatively less there!

So it sounds to me like RN didn't put so much thought into "calibrating" this bonus for each program, and just threw it out there.

(Everything seems the same about this One Bite At A Time bonus, except the currency and the name of the program, from one program to the next. It's always so far 300 "whatever" for each $100 spend through 31 Dec 2012.)

Btw, regarding that 31 Dec 2012 date: Take it with a grain or two of salt. A year or two ago, if you recall, they terminated some bonus early supposedly because of "insufficient participation"!
Old May 24, 12, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I haven't seen any of these offers, and nothing when I click the bonuses tab at the site either.
Old May 25, 12, 4:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL,, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I haven't seen any of these offers, and nothing when I click the bonuses tab at the site either.
Appears to be targeted. Across multiple programs, only some of my family members have received offers, and even then there is no consistency as to who was given which offer in any program.

They are really paring back the value of the bonuses in this program.
Old May 29, 12, 10:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This "One Bite at a Time Bonus" bonus does appear to be targeted. Lady JDiver got the offer (she has not used her RN / AA Dining account for some time), and when I tried to follow the link - it states I am ineligible.
Old May 29, 12, 11:56 pm

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Omni
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
...she has not used her RN / AA Dining account for some time....
The offer does seem tied to usage as I’m eligible at my mostly inactive United and Alaska RN accounts, but not AA.
Old May 30, 12, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
The offer does seem tied to usage as I’m eligible at my mostly inactive United and Alaska RN accounts, but not AA.
Perhaps somewhat tied to that, but not perfect. I've used my Delta RN account much more recently and heavily (16 dines in 2011, including 9 in Q4 2011, including one on 12/17/2011) than my Alaska RN account (where I haven't had a dine since 10/04/2010, and only 11 dines in 2010), and yet I got the promo for Delta (as well as Priority Club and Southwest), while I didn't get it for Alaska!

(Until you mentioned getting it for your Alaska RN account, I had assumed that the reason I didn't get it for Alaska was simply that they weren't doing it for that particular program! But I guess that wasn't the reason. But then what reason???)
Old May 30, 12, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
I called RN about this offer and I was told that I was ineligible. They checked all my RN accounts-AA, DL, and US- and I got the same answer for each one. When I asked why I could not be eligible for at least my secondary and tertiary accounts--DL and US, I was told that it was because I was a VIP in every program.
Old May 31, 12, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
worth a shot ...

http://milesmomma.com/dining-bonuses/

Has a link to registering for this bonus for AAdvantage's idine. I'm not eligible, it said. YMMV, perhaps worth a try.

Shows also links for Delta and HHonors registraton.

From the T&C:

*This bonus offer is by invitation only for select existing (your program here) members. To qualify, you must be a member of the (your program here) program and register for the One Bite at a Time Bonus through the links on this page by December 31, 2012, and remain opted in to receive emails from the (your program here) program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.
Old May 31, 12, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw View Post
I called RN about this offer and I was told that I was ineligible. They checked all my RN accounts-AA, DL, and US- and I got the same answer for each one. When I asked why I could not be eligible for at least my secondary and tertiary accounts--DL and US, I was told that it was because I was a VIP in every program.
Which is incorrect, because I am VIP in DL, and yet I was given that bonus for DL. And yet I am not VIP in AS (only Online), and yet I was not given that bonus for AS. (Whether I qualify for the AS bonus, that I don't know for absolutely sure, because I haven't seen a link for it, of the kind provided for some programs on the milesmomma page.)

I think the agent you were talking to was just guessing at the reason. (I presume front-line agents don't actually know the qualification criteria.)
Old Jul 30, 12, 3:03 am

We have some bonuses! Just received two emails- one from DL and the other from US.

Delta's promo is: 10,000 reasons to party bonus. Each time you spend $250 you will earn 1,000 bonus miles. You do not have to spend $250 in one dine. Every dine from the date of registration to 12/31/12 counts. You must also complete every survey within 30 days of each dine. 1,000 bonus miles x 10 = 10,000 max bonus miles.

USairways' promo is: step up to the plate bonus. Each time you spend $250 you will earn 1,500 bonus miles. You do not have to spend $250 in one dine. Every dine from the date of registration to 9/30/12 counts. You must complete all surveys within 30 days of each dine. 1,500 bonus miles x 10 =15,000 max bonus miles.

No offer from AA for me.
Old Jul 30, 12, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Open Jaw View Post
We have some bonuses! Just received two emails- one from DL and the other from US.

Delta's promo is: 10,000 reasons to party bonus. Each time you spend $250 you will earn 1,000 bonus miles. You do not have to spend $250 in one dine. Every dine from the date of registration to 12/31/12 counts. You must also complete every survey within 30 days of each dine. 1,000 bonus miles x 10 = 10,000 max bonus miles.

USairways' promo is: step up to the plate bonus. Each time you spend $250 you will earn 1,500 bonus miles. You do not have to spend $250 in one dine. Every dine from the date of registration to 9/30/12 counts. You must complete all surveys within 30 days of each dine. 1,500 bonus miles x 10 =15,000 max bonus miles.

No offer from AA for me.
I got the DL offer today too. I'm not even registering for this promo, out of protest- the threshold for the bonus miles is too high. I don't want to be tied to any particular program for that much money just for 1000 extra miles.
Old Jul 30, 12, 1:03 pm
Original Member

Links? I see neither offer on the appropriate bonus page.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: