Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
New Enrollment Bonuses

Do enrollment bonuses usually change on January 1st? Is 1000 miles the usual signup bonus? I don't know if I should grab the 1000 miles that they all seem to offer until December 31st or wait till next year.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
The bonus can change or end at anytime, but doubt it will. Why wait? Just earn the bonus by dining before 12/31. The 1000 is not unusual, but every airline makes their own rules.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:16 am

We have a new bonus. I saw it with AA, DL and US. I have no clue about the other airlines. It's called "Get Ahead Bonus." One will earn 2 bonus miles per dollar spent. That's on top of your normal miles earned per dollar. The max number of bonus miles for this bonus is 5000.

Rules:

1) One has to resgister and spend $75 between 1/30 and 3/31. The $75 does not have to be spent in one dine.

2) Complete all surveys within 30 days of the dine.

3) Earn 2 bonus miles per dollar spent on all dines until 4/30/12. Keep in mind all surveys have to be completed as well.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Jan 30, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's available with Alaska dining also. One thing troubles me though: Earn 2 Bonus Miles per dollar for each subsequent dollar spent dining through 4/30/12 (and continue completing dining reviews within 30 days of each dine). Makes it sounds as though the first $75 doesn't qualify (a deductible).

Priority Club offers 3 points-per-dollar extra.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It's available with Alaska dining also. One thing troubles me though: Earn 2 Bonus Miles per dollar for each subsequent dollar spent dining through 4/30/12 (and continue completing dining reviews within 30 days of each dine). Makes it sounds as though the first $75 doesn't qualify (a deductible).

Priority Club offers 3 points-per-dollar extra.
I thought the same thing and I believe you are right. The bonus does not begin until after you have spent the $75, and lasts until 4/30.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Realistically, I think it's awkward wording on their part. I suspect they're trying to urge folks to keep dining after $75. It'll likely be a later sweep (to determine threshold qualification), rather than posting immediately at $75 aggregate, IMHO.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:51 pm

It's 3 extra points for Hilton and Priority Club. And it appears that you have to spend $75 before March 31, but will earn the bonus until April 30th.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
We have a new bonus. I saw it with AA, DL and US. I have no clue about the other airlines..
It's available with Alaska dining also.
It's available with United's Mileage Plus Diining also.

It's a good thing it appears to available with most of the programs, since it's such a poor promo (isn't even poorer than the last one given that you just get 2 extra and only after the $75 is passed?) that IMHO it isn't worth pursuing in more than one airline.

Registering and reviewing is already more work than should be needed for this meager a promo. I'm not doing any extra work (like dining more often or at more expensive places).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:38 pm
Original Member

The bonus is available from all of the iDine miles and points programs except that of Southwest Airlines.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Buggers are training us - from five to three and now two miles, with the dollar amounts (and therefore the miles / points earned) fewer and fewer.
Stratospheric earnings, my balumba. (It's Papiamento, folks, and nothing bad - it's what you fasten your seatbelt around in flight.)

AAdvantage Dining T&Cs:

Code:
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

Prepare yourself–your AAdvantage DiningSM membership is 
about to really take off. Register for the Get Ahead Bonus 
and each dine will propel you to new heights. Qualify and 
you'll begin earning 2 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar 
on top of what you already earn for dining at program restaurants.

Don't let this chance pass you by. Send your AAdvantage DiningSM 
membership into the stratosphere now.

Here's how to earn 2 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar:

1	Register for the Get Ahead Bonus*

2	Spend $75 at program restaurants by 3/31/12 and complete 
your dining reviews within 30 days of each visit

3	Earn 2 AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar for each 
subsequent dollar spent dining through 4/30/12 (and continue 
completing dining reviews within 30 days of each dine)
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
We have a new bonus. I saw it with AA, DL and US. I have no clue about the other airlines. It's called "Get Ahead Bonus." One will earn 2 bonus miles per dollar spent. That's on top of your normal miles earned per dollar. The max number of bonus miles for this bonus is 5000.

Rules:

1) One has to resgister and spend $75 between 1/30 and 3/31. The $75 does not have to be spent in one dine.

2) Complete all surveys within 30 days of the dine.

3) Earn 2 bonus miles per dollar spent on all dines until 4/30/12. Keep in mind all surveys have to be completed as well.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly, I'm rather pessimistic that anything much better will come along during the rest of 2012.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Realistically, I think it's awkward wording on their part. I suspect they're trying to urge folks to keep dining after $75. It'll likely be a later sweep (to determine threshold qualification), rather than posting immediately at $75 aggregate, IMHO.
Agree that it's awkwardly worded, but my read on this is that after the $75 spend, only the $$ spent after $75 will earn that massive bonus. The $75 qualifier will not earn anything extra.

Definitely not a bonus that makes me run out waving my credit card in hand. However, my wife needs to qualify for VIP in one of the programs. This might be a small incentive to get a bunch of little dines out of the way quickly in the first quarter to get up to $75 in 11 dines. She was going to do the dines anyway, so why not get something extra for her troubles?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob12403
This might be a small incentive to get a bunch of little dines out of the way quickly in the first quarter to get up to $75 in 11 dines.
You might have to go further than that. In the area where I often eat, there are some indie combo fast food/family restaurant kind of places where I can get a variety of filling sandwiches (including cod and tuna, inluding garden burgers) and other stuff (burritos, wraps, etc) for $4.50 to $5.50 including tax. 11 of those would only get you to $45 to $55!

So you still could get to VIP status well before getting to $75, if all you do are little dines!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The joints in my area you'd be lucky to walk out with a tab under $10 (our 10% sales tax on restaurant food helps) as a minimum.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You might have to go further than that. In the area where I often eat, there are some indie combo fast food/family restaurant kind of places where I can get a variety of filling sandwiches (including cod and tuna, inluding garden burgers) and other stuff (burritos, wraps, etc) for $4.50 to $5.50 including tax. 11 of those would only get you to $45 to $55!

So you still could get to VIP status well before getting to $75, if all you do are little dines!
The joints in my area you'd be lucky to walk out with a tab under $10 (our 10% sales tax on restaurant food helps) as a minimum.
Well, I don't know if it's exactly in "your area" (and I don't know how wide you consider your area to be), but based on your profile being SEA, I did a search on Seattle, sorted by price low-to-high, and quickly found one that has a roughly similar and similarly-priced menu:

Crossroads Cafe
15600 NE 8th PM-16
Bellevue, WA (425) 747-6375

Unlimited visits.
Gives miles 7 days a week.

I of course have no idea what it's quality is compared to the two local indie chains in "the OC" that I was referring to (Tom's Place and John's Place), but it kinda looks like a 50s diner, has 5 kinds of wraps for 6.49 each, and has lunch specials for 3.79 (at least per the Rewards Network menu). That makes it a bit more expensive than Tom's Place or John's Place at dinnertime, but at breakfast or lunchtime it's still possible to get 11 dines in for way under $75 total.

But yeah, you have fewer very-low-priced places to choose from in RN than in SoCal.

Still, in case very-low-price "dines" getting to 11 are of interest: Your "dine" doesn't have to be a meal. At many places (if there's no minimum purchase amount for credit cards) you can buy just a coffee or whatever, pay for that with your RN-registered credit card, and bingo, you've got 1 dine toward your 11.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.