Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old Jan 15, 2009, 9:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am not positive about this, but it seemed to me that the new United promotion provides on a pro rata basis for the same bonus, regardless of the number of time you ate under their "flag last year -- unlike the AAdvantage bonus promotion which is skewed heavily against elites in their program.

I made elite under their program last year by the skin of my teeth, but my wife had no dines, and we essentially were given the same bonus opportunity 5 bonus miles per spend.

By the way, as I read the promotion, it permits me the pssibility of earning 1,500 bonus miles. I read this as spending upwards of $300 to earn this, although the example they give for a much more modest earning achievement.

Comments?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jan 15, 2009 at 12:17 pm
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I am not positive about this, but it seemed to me that the new United promotion provides on a pro rata basis for the same bonus, regardless of the number of time you ate under their "flag last year -- unlike the AAdvantage bonus promotion which is skewed heavily against elites in their program.

I made elite under their program last year by the skin of my teeth, but my wife had no dines, and we essentially were given the same bonus opportunity 5 bonus miles per spend.

By the way, as I read the promotion, it permits me the pssibility of earning 1,500 bonus miles. I read this as spending upwards of $300 to earn this, although the example they give for a much more modest earning achievement.

Comments?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. That 750 for $150 (max 1500 for $300) is the same as 200 for $40 (max 400 for $80)?

That pretty close to what it is over at AA. What you're forgetting is the AA elite bonus for $150 spend. It looks like RN is factoring that in! At AA, I get 1500 bonus for $400, but that's not counting two 500 bonus I'll get if I include in that $400 over two months $150 each month. So I get 2500 bonuses (plural) over at AA, which looked at that way is more than 5 miles per dollar spent.

Now, I don't know if everyone who got the $400 version is at least Gold at AA, but it seems to me that whether they took into account the AA elite bonus individually or just "on average" for most people who do $150+ every single month, they took it into account.

And thus comparing AA to any other airline's dining program is a little trikcy, because AFAIK AA is the only one with this kind olf steady* extra bonus for its elites. (That elite bonus, btw, never posts at AAdvantage Dining, you only see it on the AA side.)

*Of course, since AA elite benefits for Mar 2009 - Feb 2010 have not yet been published, we can't tell if the 500 bonus miles for $150+ dine will continue to be an AA elite benefit after the end of Feb. But then this current AA Dining promo will be over by March 1 also. So at least for this current AA Dining promo, I think it can be looked at in conjunction with the AA elite bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 8:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Not everyone is an elite in AA; myself included, so no elite bonus for me -- and no special dines, either, then.

United provides the same bonus on a pro rata basis whether you were elite or not, so an elite in the United dining program is rewarded with some extra miles over the non-elties by virtue of their status with them last year -- this is fair -- the AA scheme punishes AA dining elites, that is not fair.

Until AA dining rewards me at least as well as its non-elites, my wallet is staying shut to them!

Bottom line, under the United promotion I eke out 10 miles to the $1 -- acceptable but nothing to write home about.

Under the AAdvantage dining program, I do not. It is that simple.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Two new enrollment bonuses

Northwest Airlines

Alaska Airlines

Also, previously mentioned:

U.S. Airways

Southwest Airlines
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
New Delta promo per this afternoon's email - claims "invitation only" so check you bonuses tab:
spend $100 between registration and 3/31/09 for 1000 miles.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
New Delta promo per this afternoon's email - claims "invitation only" so check you bonuses tab:
Once again, it's different for different people. For me, it requires $200 spend and it's 2000 bonus miles. It can't be repeated, and the word "not" is underlined in the T&C on "not combinable".

There's a very simlar one also over at Northwest, but again, the amount for me (and I'm sure for other people) is different. For me, it requires $75 spend and it's 750 bonus miles. Same dates, etc.

(Neither of these is repeatable, unlike my UA which can be repeated once.)

Note that these are richer than the UA and AA: These are 10 miles per dollar spent bonus, so 15 miles per dollar spent total. (Of course, some might argue that DL miles -- which these will soon both end up being -- are 1/3 less valuable than AA or UA miles!)

Oh, yes, the same Special Invitation Bonus is also at Alaska! There again, for me (where I'm only online and have online had two dines in the program to date) it's 750 bonus miles for $75 spend.

Priority Club has one also, but this one is different. It's called the Winter Warm-Up Bonus. Before even loggin in, it shows 1000 bonus points for every $100 spend, up to 3000 bonus points. Same dates.

That's it for the programs I belong to. I leave it as a reader exercise to see if anyone else not listed yet is also participating with some similar bonus.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My Alaska offer is also 750 miles for $75.

The Priority Club one seems a tad chincy - should be 1200 - 1500 per $100 as their points are valued lower than miles by RN (8x vs. 5x).
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:18 pm

I just received from NW, where I'm top tier, the offer of 1500 miles for $150 in dines by March 31. I need to consider that I've registered for DL, where I'm a basic Online Member, and their 1000 for $100. Questions come up of what happens if I merge my miles in the two programs for the 500-mile bonus that's offered for that: a topic for another thread, I guess.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:43 pm
Original Member

United Airlines new member bonuse - NOPE

Sorry. Posted in error.

Last edited by pgary; Mar 21, 2009 at 12:26 am
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:49 pm
Original Member

Priority Club iDine bonus

Register for the Priority Club Winter Warm-Up Bonus, Earn 1,000 Priority Club bonus points for every $100 you spend, up to 3,000 points total.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rove312
I just received from NW, where I'm top tier, the offer of 1500 miles for $150 in dines by March 31. I need to consider that I've registered for DL, where I'm a basic Online Member, and their 1000 for $100. Questions come up of what happens if I merge my miles in the two programs for the 500-mile bonus that's offered for that: a topic for another thread, I guess.
I see no reason why you can't take advantage of both. The link is on the NW/DL side and they allow unlimited transfers between accounts so you will have no orphans. iDine is buying the miles so if you received both offers you should be good.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I see no reason why you can't take advantage of both. The link is on the NW/DL side and they allow unlimited transfers between accounts so you will have no orphans. iDine is buying the miles so if you received both offers you should be good.
Yes, when I posted I was thinking that linking the accounts would require merging all the miles right away; then I saw that that was not the case: they can stay as separate accounts.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:49 pm

Delta New Members Bonus

"There has never been a better time to join SkyMiles Dining! Enroll now and earn 1,500 bonus miles when you spend $50 in your first 30 days.

Just follow these easy steps:

1. Complete your SkyMiles Dining online profile as part of the Miles for Meals Bonus* by 3/31/09.
2. Get out and dine! Spend at least $50 on dines during your first 30 days to earn 1,500 bonus miles.

Miles for Meals Bonus Details

*This bonus is open to people who become Online Members of SkyMiles Dining. You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify; so make sure you have elected to receive emails from the SkyMiles Dining program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address when you register.

To qualify, you must spend at least $50 (including tax and tip) at any combination of participating restaurants, bars or clubs within 30 days of your advance online registration in the Miles for Meals Bonus via the above link on this page. In addition, to qualify all dines must occur during a valid benefit period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in SkyMiles Dining. A maximum of 1,500 bonus miles may be earned with this promotion. Other limitations may apply. Offer is not combinable with other SkyMiles Dining program bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your qualified dine for any bonus miles to post to your account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by 5/31/09.

Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions guidelines and restrictions and the latest benefit schedules, visit skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Delta, SkyMiles and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by Rewards Network or any restaurant participating in this promotion. Participating restaurants are subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change. If you have any questions or need assistance, email [email protected] or call SkyMiles Dining Member Services at 1-800-818-8339."

http://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/b...ostatementD677
Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I am not a RN VIP with DL but I did get the same offer. I hope to be able to earn the 1000 miles this weekend.

On a seperate note: US has a VIP Fast Track for 5 dines of $25 or more before 3/31 and earn 1000 bonus miles. I hope to be VIP with US soon.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 1:16 pm

Delta March Survey Bonus

For Delta:
It's simple to get 50 bonus miles on every dine with our March Survey Bonus*:

# Dine between 3/01/09 and 3/31/09 and spend $25 or more.
# Go to My Account and fill out the short survey within 30 days of your visit.

That's all there is to it. There's no bonus registration required and no limit to the amount of miles you can earn. Visit one of our restaurants, bars or clubs today!
http://skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com/b...=D899&detail=y

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.