Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old Oct 25, 2008, 11:43 pm
Original Member

Northwest Airlines bonus for joining, plus a contest

100,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus (and a bonus for joining)
  1. Create your online Dining For Miles profile as part of the 100,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus.
  2. Complete your 100,000 Reasons to Dine Official Contest Entry Form. After enrolling in Dining For Miles, you'll be sent a link to the Official Contest Entry Form and you must complete your entry by December 12, 2008 to participate in the contest. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. See Contest Rules/
  3. Get out and dine! Spend $50 on a dine in your first 30 days to earn <b>500 WorldPerks Bonus Miles</b>. Can't spend $50? Consider buying gift certificates, insisting that they and your dine all be charged on the same credit card ticket
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
But will it work for multiple units of the same chain in a day? I have 3 Perkins in the area that are in the program. If I stop by all 3 in 1 day for a gift card in each is that kosher? It is a 40 mile drive so I want to hit them all at once.
JudyJFLA

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
CURRENT PRIORITY CLUB PROMOTION THRU 11/30

Just wanted to add for the unwary, that the bonus is only applicable to one dine per restaurant, per day, so if you were thinking of spending $100 plus on a meal and were going to split it between two (or more) credit cards (or buy more than one gift card in excess of $50 on the same day at the same restaurant), it likely will not work, and you should only get one $50 plus dine counted towards the promotion threshold of 10 (or 6) dines for the bonus Priority Club points, respectively.

Of course, you will get normal IDINE earnings for the charge depending on your status level.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by GreyedOut
Spend $200 by 12/15/08 and get 1,000 RDM and 1,000 MQM

Might be targeted(?).

I remember hearing something about a similar promotion last year. Does anyone know if the MQM post for this year or next?
I think this one is targeted -- I got an offer of 250 bonus miles for each $25+ tab for the last two weeks of October, specifically because I haven't had a transaction since requal'ing for 2009 early this year.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
But will it work for multiple units of the same chain in a day? I have 3 Perkins in the area that are in the program. If I stop by all 3 in 1 day for a gift card in each is that kosher? It is a 40 mile drive so I want to hit them all at once.
While nothing is guarnateed to always work the same in the future, up to now iDine/RN has always treated every restaurant location separately. Basically they don't even look at them by name, as much as every restaurant has a merchant ID number, and there is no corrolation between the merchant IDs of different locations of the same chain (when different locations all particpate).

You were reacting to NJUPINTHEAIR's reprhasing of the terms of the promo, using the term "restaurant". But I think the original T&C used the term "merchant" instead, which correlates more obviously to RN's concept o merchant ID.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 4:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
While nothing is guarnateed to always work the same in the future, up to now iDine/RN has always treated every restaurant location separately. Basically they don't even look at them by name, as much as every restaurant has a merchant ID number, and there is no corrolation between the merchant IDs of different locations of the same chain (when different locations all particpate).

You were reacting to NJUPINTHEAIR's reprhasing of the terms of the promo, using the term "restaurant". But I think the original T&C used the term "merchant" instead, which correlates more obviously to RN's concept o merchant ID.
Thanks, SDS --

I did not want to mislead anyone with my terminology. Go by what the original phraseology of the promotion says. I can't truly opine with respect to multiple locations of the same chain, but I cannot see why they would not be treated as separate entities as they each are at different locations, and as one well knows, not all Burger King restaurants participate in the program, so those that are listed should each be considered a separate participant.

With respect to Perkins restaurants, I would think that the above would also hold true, so if some are franchisees and others are company owned this would support the above argument. Specifically with respect to Perkins -- or any other chain -- I would first go to their company website and if there are more locations listed in the area than those that you have identified, I would expect that if you were later denied credit you would have a very good argument inasmuch as not all of the possible locations of a specific chain in a given area were participating in the Rewards Network program and therefore, the ones that were participating were certainly listed as separate entities on the company website and therefore, should be considered as separate entities for the RN promotion.

On the other hand, if only those 3 restaurants participating in the RN promotion are also the only 3 restaurants on the company website in that area, that could become a more difficult question if you are challenged by RN. However, it is quite likely as SDS states, that each location would be treated as a separate merchant, based presumably on his or other's past experience with RN, as well as the fact that these are ostensibly separate, even if they have a common owner -- by virtue of their still being listed separately on the RN and presumbaly company websites. Good luck.

N.B. I completed my last qualifying dine on 10/17/08 and today the 10,000 bonus points appeared in my PC account, so the bonus should post to your account well before the 12/31/08 cut off for next year.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Oct 28, 2008 at 6:58 pm
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:38 am
Original Member

Alaska Airlines bonus for new members

100,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus
  1. Create your online dining profile in Mileage Plan Dining as part of the 100,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus.
  2. Complete your entry form if you want to enter a contest for 100,000 miles.
  3. Everyone who creates their online dining profile as part of the 100,000 Reasons to Dine Bonus and dines at a participating restaurant within their first 30 days earns an additional 500 miles for their first dine of $50 or more.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:48 pm
Original Member

Southwest Airlines new program and enrollment bonus

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Dining by Rewards Network (iDine)
  • Enrollment bonus:1/4 credit after enrolling and spending your first $25.
  • 1/4 credit/$100 spent thereafter.
  • No VIP status available.

By comparison:
  • VIP members of other airline programs can earn 10 mile/$1. This means spending $2,500 gets you a domestic ticket.
  • 1/4 credit per $100 requires $6,400 spending to get the required 16 credits needed for a domestic Southwest Airlines ticket.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 7:07 am

for the SW enrollment bonus, the way it's phrased it appears to suggest that spending $100 will get you 1/2 credit: 1/4 from the first $25 bonus, and 1/4 from hitting the $100 threshold.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by crabbing
for the SW enrollment bonus, the way it's phrased it appears to suggest that spending $100 will get you 1/2 credit: 1/4 from the first $25 bonus, and 1/4 from hitting the $100 threshold.
To put in "new math" terms, I believe the first $25 is a "subset" of the first $100 ("superset").

I do have remember that Priority Club Dining is base eight, rather than base five.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Just got this within the past two days

Now there's even more reason to make sure you choose AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants for your holiday get-togethers. Earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $75 you spend through 12/31/08 – no limit! These bonus miles are in addition to the regular miles you earn, so check out all the great restaurants that have joined our program. You'll find them near your home, workplace or wherever you'll be celebrating with friends and family this holiday season.
It's as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Register above for the Winter Holiday Dining Bonus*.

2. Dine out at any participating restaurants by December 31, 2008.

3. Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® miles for every $75 you spend in qualified dines!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 5:33 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by robhakari
Just got this within the past two days
Now there's even more reason to make sure you choose AAdvantage DiningSM restaurants for your holiday get-togethers. Earn 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $75 you spend through 12/31/08 – no limit! These bonus miles are in addition to the regular miles you earn, so check out all the great restaurants that have joined our program. You'll find them near your home, workplace or wherever you'll be celebrating with friends and family this holiday season.
It's as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Register above for the Winter Holiday Dining Bonus*.

2. Dine out at any participating restaurants by December 31, 2008.

3. Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® miles for every $75 you spend in qualified dines!
This bonus is not yet listed on the AA iDine website.
  • It there any indication that the offer is targeted?
  • Did the email you received have a registration link on it you would care to post here?

Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thank U, Rob! I just logged in & found a message inviting me to register. I had not received an e-mail, but I was a targeted member .
Pgary, the registration message says, "NOTE: This bonus is by invitation only to select Online and VIP members who received an email directly from the AAdvantage DiningSM program. You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify..." So just log in & check your messages as I did! Good luck!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by pgary
This bonus is not yet listed on the AA iDine website.
  • It there any indication that the offer is targeted?
  • Did the email you received have a registration link on it you would care to post here?

Thanks.
the only thing i got about it was a message on the website, no e-mails, no nothing.

link to the page for the promo: http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm?detail=&id=A085

and yes, in the T&C it says: "This bonus is by invitation only to select Online and VIP members who received an email directly from the AAdvantage DiningSM program. You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify; so make sure you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address when you register."

But i didn't get an email? So YMMV
Old Nov 30, 2008, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
This wasn't listed in my messages, so when I clicked on the link provided by robhakari, I got the following:

Sorry, you are not eligible for this bonus. Please review the Bonus Terms & Conditions.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by margarita girl
This wasn't listed in my messages, so when I clicked on the link provided by robhakari, I got the following:

It is possible that AAdvantage dining will not let you sign for 2 bonuses at the same time. Perhpas the link will work once 12/1/08 arrives and the double helpings bonus is not valid any longer.

That is my hope!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Nov 30, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.