Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Old Jul 24, 07, 11:04 am
  #196  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,841
Yeah, well, speaking of premature, so was I - I hadn't checked this thread prior to starting a new thread :boo!: :Hiss!: so I moved the posts here - NJUPINTHEAIR had an excellent idea, no reason for me to undermine it.

But thanks - I will be patient. FLgrrr, sounds like iDine's left and right hands are a bit uncoordinated right now?

I also moved Beckles' Delta bonus announcement here too, for consistency - Beckles' consolidating posts have been a bonus for me! ^

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
They were a bit premature in loading the details on their main page; it was not there under bonus offers. Most surveys haven't been register-able until roughly two weeks beforehand, at the earliest. I recall one where they didn't even post anything until a day or two after the start date. Be patient.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 24, 07 at 11:09 am
JDiver is offline  
Old Jul 24, 07, 11:28 am
  #197  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TPA
Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Posts: 960
Left and right hands were on separate bodies!! They finally mentioned I should call AA, as if they controlled/programmed the rewards network site. I advised the supervisor to contact their internal geeks since something was not right, or posted early. Now it is not appearing when you go to the website.
FLgrr is offline  
Old Jul 24, 07, 3:10 pm
  #198  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,841
I guess we had a brief preview - and first one to be able to register, post it here, please, as a reminder to the rest of us. Thanks for making the call!

Originally Posted by FLgrr View Post
Left and right hands were on separate bodies!! They finally mentioned I should call AA, as if they controlled/programmed the rewards network site. I advised the supervisor to contact their internal geeks since something was not right, or posted early. Now it is not appearing when you go to the website.
JDiver is offline  
Old Jul 25, 07, 12:44 am
  #199  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
Posts: 305
I'm curious, is this the most miles per dollar EVER in an idine bonus? Assuming you are an elite member and nail the $15/dine to the penny, you will spend $75 and earn 10 miles/dollar or 750 miles. On top of that, the 5000 mile bonus gives you a total of 5750 miles for $75. That's 1.3 cents per mile or 77 miles per dollar! Many people value Skymiles at 1.5 cents or 2.0 cents per mile--and here you get the food too.

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
I was just updating my comprehensive listing of all bonus offers in the bonus thread and came across this nice looking Delta one (for those who can get five dines in the NYC or LA area anyway).

Link to Bonus Offer

Basically it's 5,000 bonus miles for 5 dines of $15 or more at any restaurant in the NYC or LA area on any day.
William2005 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 07, 7:55 am
  #200  
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posts: 15,524
Originally Posted by William2005 View Post
I'm curious, is this the most miles per dollar EVER in an idine bonus? Assuming you are an elite member and nail the $15/dine to the penny, you will spend $75 and earn 10 miles/dollar or 750 miles. On top of that, the 5000 mile bonus gives you a total of 5750 miles for $75. That's 1.3 cents per mile or 77 miles per dollar! Many people value Skymiles at 1.5 cents or 2.0 cents per mile--and here you get the food too.
They've had a sign-up bonus or two that didn't require any dine (CO had one last year I believe, 1,000 miles with no dine required), but for actual dines that's a pretty darn good deal! Of course the geographic restrictions make it much less useful in general than most other bonuses.
Beckles is offline  
Old Jul 25, 07, 8:09 am
  #201  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW; Allen, TX
Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Posts: 1,083
Originally Posted by William2005 View Post
I'm curious, is this the most miles per dollar EVER in an idine bonus? Assuming you are an elite member and nail the $15/dine to the penny, you will spend $75 and earn 10 miles/dollar or 750 miles. On top of that, the 5000 mile bonus gives you a total of 5750 miles for $75. That's 1.3 cents per mile or 77 miles per dollar! Many people value Skymiles at 1.5 cents or 2.0 cents per mile--and here you get the food too.
That's the exact reason the Dine in Dallas promotion is $50 minimum spend. Luckily, I have tipped exactly to $51.00 each time (as posted before, never do exactly $50, in case the server mistakenly fat fingers his/her tip and you lose the bonus dine).
atxtraveler is offline  
Old Jul 26, 07, 7:42 pm
  #202  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Yeah, well, speaking of premature, so was I - I hadn't checked this thread prior to starting a new thread :boo!: :Hiss!: so I moved the posts here - NJUPINTHEAIR had an excellent idea, no reason for me to undermine it.

But thanks - I will be patient. FLgrrr, sounds like iDine's left and right hands are a bit uncoordinated right now?

I also moved Beckles' Delta bonus announcement here too, for consistency - Beckles' consolidating posts have been a bonus for me! ^
What was my idea?

IDINE is often confused. I have 3 Triple miles Delta dines that have not posted and I have sent in the information to them. Let's see how quickly they resolve this one.

I expect United to have an end of summer promotion, as well, just like AA.
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Jul 27, 07, 10:57 am
  #203  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFO
Posts: 451
Any northwest diner here? it's frustrating not to have a decent iDine promo from Northwest.
timrick is offline  
Old Jul 27, 07, 1:25 pm
  #204  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW; Allen, TX
Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Posts: 1,083
Originally Posted by timrick View Post
Any northwest diner here? it's frustrating not to have a decent iDine promo from Northwest.
Switch to the dark side tim..... AA loves to fly out of SFO for you....
atxtraveler is offline  
Old Jul 30, 07, 9:26 am
  #205  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,841
Uh, starting this thread - the sticky on Bonuses. Remember that?

DO let us know how long they are taking to resolve complaints. It seems, at least with my more recent experiences, they are taking longer and may have to be contacted more than once - earlier this year they made a decision contrary to the T&Cs and I had to push it (nicely, of course.)


Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
What was my idea?

IDINE is often confused. I have 3 Triple miles Delta dines that have not posted and I have sent in the information to them. Let's see how quickly they resolve this one.

I expect United to have an end of summer promotion, as well, just like AA.
JDiver is offline  
Old Jul 30, 07, 11:12 am
  #206  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Uh, starting this thread - the sticky on Bonuses. Remember that?

DO let us know how long they are taking to resolve complaints. It seems, at least with my more recent experiences, they are taking longer and may have to be contacted more than once - earlier this year they made a decision contrary to the T&Cs and I had to push it (nicely, of course.)
As a wise, and now very wealthy man once said:

D'oh!!
H.S.


I will keep you posted as you are correct, the service has lapsed recently.
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Aug 6, 07, 8:37 am
  #207  
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posts: 15,524
Alaska Airlines
8/1/07 - 9/30/07
1,000 bonus miles for spending $200 total during bonus period
Link to Bonus Offer

American Airlines
7/1/07 - 8/31/07
Tiered bonus of up to 5,000 bonus miles for dining in select DFW area restaurants
Link to Bonus Offer

8/27/07 - 10/31/07
5 bonus miles per dollar spent
2,500 miles maximum
Link to post discussing promo

Continental Airlines
5/1/07 - 12/31/07
500 bonus miles for creating an online ID then having a dine of $20 or more within 30 days.
Link to Bonus Offer

8/1/07 - 8/31/07
5 bonus miles per dollar for dining Sunday - Thursday at select NYC restaurants
3,000 mile maximum
Link to Bonus Offer
(Note: Link is the same as previous 7/1/07 - 7/31/07 promotion)

Delta Airlines
7/1/07 - 8/30/07
500 bonus miles for $50 or more dine Sunday - Thursday at select Atlanta restaurants
8,000 mile maximum
Link to Bonus Offer

7/23/07 - 9/30/07
5,000 bonus miles for 5 dines of $15 or more in the NYC or LA area
Link to Bonus Offer

United Airlines
7/15/07 - 12/31/07
250 bonus miles for creating an online profile for the first time
Link to Bonus Offer

Priority Club
4/20/07 - 12/31/07
1,500 bonus points for creating an online ID then having a dine of $15 or more within 30 days.
Link to Bonus Offer

8/1/07 - 9/30/07
Tiered bonus for up to 10,000 bonus points
Link to Bonus Offer

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 12, 07 at 2:28 pm Reason: changed AA Plus 5 thread link
Beckles is offline  
Old Aug 6, 07, 8:38 am
  #208  
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Posts: 15,524
The promo with Continental in New York appears to have been "renewed", what's strange is that the link is exactly the same as the previous promotion but the dates have been changed.
Beckles is offline  
Old Aug 6, 07, 9:37 am
  #209  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Great job as always, Beckles. ^
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Aug 6, 07, 11:03 am
  #210  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: san jose,calif
Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Posts: 669
*****any idea how long it takes before priority club posts the 1500 bonus points for joining?? my bonus promotion confirmation was received..and the points for the qualifying meals posted on the 08/02 or 08/03 but the bonus points havent been credited yet?/ (was hoping they would post before a stay i have coming up this week..)***
retirementdreams is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: