Triple United Idine Miles for 3 Meals

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2005, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Triple United Idine Miles for 3 Meals

Register for Triple United Idine Miles for 3 Meals

http://www.mymileageplus.com/mmp/dyn...sofferdesc.mmp
Old May 8, 2005, 10:39 am

The above link didn't work - United redirected me to an error message - but - if you go to united.com/dining/3dines you can register.

Use this promo QUICKLY to dine (or get gift certificates) at the few remaining places that offer 10 miles/$ and get 30 miles/$. Don't forget that $100 will max you out on this promo - 100 $ will get you 3,000 miles, the maximum miles available on this promo.

The fine print:

Members must register for this bonus at www.united.com/dining/3dines and dine 3 times at any participating Mileage Plus Dining restaurant between 5/1/05 and 6/30/05 during a valid award period and pay for their meal with a credit or debit card that is registered to the Mileage Plus Dining program. Members can search for participating restaurants and confirm dining award opportunities prior to dining at www.united.com/dining. The first three eligible Mileage Plus Dining dines that occur between 5/1/05 and 6/30/05 will receive triple miles - up to a maximum total payout of 3,000 bonus miles for all 3 dines. Miles will be awarded after the end of the promotional period (after 6/30/05) and will be posted to the member's Mileage Plus account within four to six weeks of this time.
Old May 8, 2005, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for correcting the link, Sam.
Old May 9, 2005, 4:25 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TucsonSam
The first three eligible Mileage Plus Dining dines that occur between 5/1/05 and 6/30/05 will receive triple miles - up to a maximum total payout of 3,000 bonus miles for all 3 dines.
Perhaps it takes $150 to max out on this - the fine print says a maximum total payout of 3000 bonus miles. Somebody let us know please.
Old May 9, 2005, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by gardener
Perhaps it takes $150 to max out on this - the fine print says a maximum total payout of 3000 bonus miles. Somebody let us know please.
I interpreted their wording the same way
Old May 9, 2005, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

There are a couple of restaurants currently providing 20 miles per dollar here in Milwaukee. I wonder if this offer would max out with a $75 bill at one of these places, resulting in 4500 miles (1500 base miles and 3000 bonus.)
Old May 10, 2005, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
There are a couple of restaurants currently providing 20 miles per dollar here in Milwaukee. I wonder if this offer would max out with a $75 bill at one of these places, resulting in 4500 miles (1500 base miles and 3000 bonus.)
we shall see. But IDINE has not stuck by its rules before.

So I looked at my activity log, and I had 7 visits to one particular place (my favorite place) and got all 7 visits at 20 miles per, total spent over 1000. The website has ALWAYS said first visit per month only, but I got all 7 and above the 600 dollar cap. So that was a year ago. Everything is still going just like that.

anyone else getting that kind of luck? This particular place has been a goldmine for me. Ive filled my united coffers on this one place alone (Because its by my workplace, and many of my co workers eat there, I pick up the tab and they pay me cash) I have pretty much filled out my next vacation.

earned 46000 miles in 2 years with IDINE. (I always thought there was a yearly cap, but I havent hit it).

I also cater parties through sometimes 2-3 idine locations for a single party.

Last edited by ezmonee; May 10, 2005 at 4:45 pm
Old May 12, 2005, 10:50 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
75 points/dollar?

I've been getting a 25% bonus on miles for some time now--if I eat at a place that offers 20 points/$, I get 25 points/$.

Does this offer mean that I will get 75 points/dollar at one of those places?!?
Old May 15, 2005, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by aku
I've been getting a 25% bonus on miles for some time now--if I eat at a place that offers 20 points/$, I get 25 points/$.

Probably 65 miles per $. Bonuses usually don't multiply. So you would get 20 base miles, 40 bonus miles under this promo, and 5 under the 12 dines in 2004 promo.
Old May 21, 2005, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by aku

(As mentioned above, 65 points/dollar.)

But don't NECESSARILY waste this bonus on 20 miles/$ places. I don't know how it is in your area, but near me the 20 miles/$ places (that I might want to eat at) are all very low cost restaurants, where unless you bring a big party you're not going to earn many miles total (even if you don't spend many $ earning what you do earn).

Since only your first 3 dines (processed after registering) get tripled, IMHO it makes sense (if you can plan this way) to pick places where you'll earn the most miles per visit, not the most miles per dollar (in case the two aren't the same).

For example, if you are by yourself in either case, and you sometimes eat a fancy 10 mile/$ restaurants where occasionally you might want to order expensive stuff, now would be the time, and if so, compared to ordering a cheap sandwhich at an inexpensive 20 mile/$ restaurants you'd get more out of this bonus.

For an even more extreme example, if you will only get to eat by yourself at a 20 mile/$ restaurant, but you can get a whole group from work to go to a 5 mile/$ restaurant and you pay the whole tab on your credit card, it could in that case be better for you to use that 5 mile/$ restaurant rather than the 20 mile/$ restaurant for this bonus.
Old May 24, 2005, 5:01 am

Looking at the T&C I see they are very ambiguous. One way of interpreting them is, if you only have one or two dines during the period you don't get the triple miles. Thus to be safe I intend to have one big dine to hit the $100 or $150 max (also ambiguous) and two small dines jsut in case.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Looking at the T&C I see they are very ambiguous. One way of interpreting them is, if you only have one or two dines during the period you don't get the triple miles. Thus to be safe I intend to have one big dine to hit the $100 or $150 max (also ambiguous) and two small dines jsut in case.
I think that is the correct interpretation. If you don't make thre qualified dines in the promo period, you don't get any bonus miles.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Gardener, your interpretation of the T&C is correct: You must have 3 dines.

Here's the first sentence of the T&C: "Members must register for this bonus at www.united.com/dining/3dines and dine 3 times at any participating Mileage Plus Dining restaurant between 5/1/05 and 6/30/05 during a valid award period and pay for their meal with a credit or debit card that is registered to the Mileage Plus Dining program."

All 3 of my dines just posted...I will be interested to see how long it takes for the bonus to post. The T&C say 4-6 weeks after June 30.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 4:25 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Today, I completed my 3 dines. It will be interesting to see when they post, and how much of a bonus I will get. My 3 dines amount to a 3604 miles bonus - 1802 "basic" miles (a 20 miler, a 10 miler and a 7.5 miler) - also that does not include the 25% bonus from Mileage Plus. But the T&C say "... 3000 max ..."! Does that 25% also get the triple miles treatment? We'll find out in 4-6 weeks!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by the_traveler
Today, I completed my 3 dines. It will be interesting to see when they post, and how much of a bonus I will get. My 3 dines amount to a 3604 miles bonus - 1802 "basic" miles (a 20 miler, a 10 miler and a 7.5 miler) - also that does not include the 25% bonus from Mileage Plus. But the T&C say "... 3000 max ..."! Does that 25% also get the triple miles treatment? We'll find out in 4-6 weeks!
There is a 25% for MP?!

How does one achieve this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.