Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TGI Fridays in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
TGI Fridays in NYC

There are about 4 to 5 TGI Fridays in NYC bewteen 34th Street and 60th Street

i ate at the one closest to Penn station last week - 34th and 8th (i think)

when the bill came, i gave my radisson card to get the gold points

the waiter told me that all of the NYC TGIFs had the same owner and they werent part of the program and they were franchisees and not obligated

so i paid my bill and left

to my surprise
i got an idine reward email for 390 priority club points for my meal

so i assume that that franchisee is a part of idine, although i have never got an idine reward from any other Fridays
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
That happened to me as well. I think it's ludicrous that they don't have to give out the goldpoints. It was goldpoints that explained to me about the franchisor opting not to participate.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:44 pm

I have used 'idine registered' cards here in Tucson. None of the Tucson Friday's are on the idine program; they all participate in goldpoints, however.

If one could purchase a gift card at a Friday's that gives idine miles, presumably one could then use those giftcards at any Friday's.

Does anyone know if there are any other Friday's that are on the idine program, other than NYC.

Sacramento-NO
Tucson-No
Pittsburgh-No
Phoenix-No

and NO, you cannot get get goldpoints for purchase of a giftcard and then use it to get idine miles. It is possible, however, that there may be a Friday's on BOTH programs. Anyone know of any?

TucsonSam
Old Feb 28, 2005, 1:52 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I have another way to get GP at the TGIFs that don't award them. I was hipped to this in ATL.

The TGIF in ATL doesn't give points. I asked the General Manager what to do. He said, just go to one that does and give them your receipt. I did that when I was in VA and it worked. I simply saved the receipt and told my server that I was ina hurry at ATL and didn't get my points and asked if she would include them with my current meal. No problem. I now always make a point to stop in ATL and take the receipt to another TGIF.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
That's great advice dbmaury. Thanks!

I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked down on this at some point. I had an issue with Friday's here in SAT. My points didn't post. I went through goldpoints CS. They contacted the GM at my Fridays. She uncovered a scam whereby the waiter was putting the GPs onto an account he preferred rather than the guest's accnt. She told me she was going to fire the waiter.

Then she told me she would give me a nice bonus for my trouble. She acted like this was a great favor since her restaurant would be liable for paying my bonus. She gave me a wopping 500. That's worth 62.5 miles! Thanks, GM for your generosity.

So, if this GM was that concerned about the miles coming out of her restaurant's accnt I would expect that at some point they are all going to get vigilant about giving points. They won't want the liability of giving us points for someone else's store.

Any thoughts on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.