Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great iDine Restaurants Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by paradocs
"Antelope in juniper sauce is weird? Sounds like a waste of good gin to me! However, the Grand Marnier with Creme Anglaise looked great!"

Points Scrounger:Yes, antelope in juniper sauce is weird for me too. But, I would probably try it for the miles while my guys won't.

Seriously, thank you for the SEA dining guide! I know that took alot of your time to compose. Please let me know if you come to SAT, I'd like to buy you that gin at a place where it won't be wasted! (From the looks of my list that means we'll have to combine it with Mexican )
From your list I'm torn between Karams and Matisse actually. Trust me you'll know if I'm in town!
Old May 15, 2004, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Some updates completed

Updated thru the end of April postings - sorry I am falling so far behind - just back from HAM/LGW and have to apy some bills - hopefully will have time for some more updates soon. Keep the new postings coming!
Old May 15, 2004, 9:58 am

One of my recommendations no longer serves lunch/dinner but has remained open as a bar:

LAX - CA, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills/West Los Angeles - Rouge - Latin/French Fusion

Now I need a new Friday night restaurant!
Old May 20, 2004, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA 2.88 MM-EXPlat, HHDiamond, SPG & Marriott Silver
SJC near airport

SJC - CA, San Jose/airport, Silicon Valley, Steak and Seafood with a Carribbean/Hawaiian tilt

Bamboo Grill at the Park Plaza Hotel on 4th Street
Good Prime Rib special almost every night for $15
Excellent large tasty salads (grilled shrimp, chicken)

SJC - CA, San Jose (JapanTown) Cuban
Cuban International on 6th Street

It's really Puerto Rican. The rice is bad, the black beans are excellent, the Lechon Asado is tender, juicy, and a nice tart kick. They have goat stew on the menu, but I haven't tried it.

They have Mofongo! But they were really almost burnt on the outside.
Old May 20, 2004, 8:52 pm

DCA - Clarendon (Arlington) - Sala Thai (thai, of course!)
Old May 21, 2004, 5:42 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Idining

Is there a reason that no one here seems to take the 20% off for iDine(rewards network). It seems like everyone takes the miles. Is there something i'm missing 2¢ a mile seems pricey.
Old May 21, 2004, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Gold
To reply to the previous post........why would one save money when one could collect miles??? Of course that creates the dilemma-watch those miles grow or burn them, but then parting is so sweet.

I have discovered that many of the same restaurants in Idine also are in DC rewards and if they require the bar check be settled separately, I use DC at the bar to get that discount and then get the miles for dinner.

The line up in St. Louis tends to go from boring to lackluster, but there are a few I visit frequently.

STL-Clayton & Kirkwood (2 locations)-Cafe Provencal-French

*Note awards may not be available on weekends.

STL-Downtown-Kemolls-Italian

STL-Webster-Cyrano's-Eclectic

Several others in Clayton and John Mineo's are good, but I haven't been to these recently so I hesitate to puff them.

Bon appetit!
Old May 21, 2004, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Changes to DC list

Gardener this is a great idea. ^ I'd like to point out a few potential glitches to the iDine sites. This is based on accessing through UA, which is my usual procedure.

First, restaurants come and go. For example, you list Galileo as an iDine restaurant in DC. If it was, it isn't now. It is one of the premier restaurants in DC (very expensive). Not sure when it was on the list, but it's not there now.

Second, area locations are often not correct. For example, you list all the restaurants as "downtown". In fact only Les Halles is listed as downtown in the DC listing. Of the others, Andale, Capitol Q-BBQ are Gallery Place/MCI Center and Old Europe is listed as DC Other. In fact, I live about two blocks from Old Europe and it should be listed in Georgetown/Foggy Bottom. It is about 4 doors down from Heritage India, which is correctly listed in G'town/FB (HI is at 2400 Wisconsin and OE is at 2434 Wisc.) I've seen this on numerous occasions, so if you're new to town, trust the address not the iDine area location. Or better yet look at the map link to get the real story.

Finally, I'd like to add some DC restaurants. All these restaurants got at least a (20) rating for food from Zagats.

These are all DCA or, possibly, IAD/BWI based.

Downtown (really)
Red Sage (21)
Teatro Goldini (24)
Bombay Palace (22)
Corduroy (23)
Restaurant Kolumbia (23)
Spezie (22)

Dupont Circle/Golden Triangle
Bacchus (22)
Sam & Harry's (24)

Gallery Place/MCI Center
Ortanique (22)

Georgetown/Foggy Bottom
Heritage India (25)

Washington is a good eating town due to the plethora of expense accounts and well educated/traveled inhabitants (not to mention a significant foreign diplomatic presence). I would recommend branching out into the neighboring suburbs as well, if you're in town looking for good food. Bon apetit, as Julia would say.

Last edited by nor4; May 21, 2004 at 10:10 am
Old May 21, 2004, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thumbs up

IAD - Reston,Herndon,Chantilly - Thai Luang - Thai

IMO the best Thai in N. VA
Old Jun 14, 2004, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
"First, restaurants come and go. For example, you list Galileo as an iDine restaurant in DC. If it was, it isn't now. It is one of the premier restaurants in DC (very expensive). Not sure when it was on the list, but it's not there now. "

Actually, it must depend on who you go through. Galelio is listed today (614-04) when I go through Delta, but Sam and Harry's is not. I have read that it makes a difference what your "portal" is and this seems to prove it to me...
Old Jun 27, 2004, 5:55 pm

Any new suggestions?
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Shouldn't this be a sticky? Do we not have a moderator here? If we don't then I guess I could email Randy's support people to ask that they stick it to the top if others agree.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:45 pm

Programs: LH, DL/NW, US, HHon, SPG
PKB/Parkersburg WV/ "Island View Restaurant" is a real deal...GREAT views looking down on Blennerhassett Island and the Ohio River, good food, good wine list, excellent prices. (And 3 weeks ago I got twenty miles/$. Now I see it's down to ten/$, but still a deal.)
Old Jul 6, 2004, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Dca

Originally Posted by DCA Blondie
DCA - Clarendon (Arlington) - Sala Thai (thai, of course!)
agreed. good place. Plus you Entertainment book has a buy-one-get-one free.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by lawgirl28
agreed. good place. Plus you Entertainment book has a buy-one-get-one free.

Good hint with regards to the Entertainment Book but aren't you actually earning fewer miles by using the coupon and spending less?

Here's my iDine spot:

MRY - CA, Monterey - Blue Fin - Cafe/Billiards

This place isn't really a place to eat but they have a pretty large bar. There are also plenty of pool tables, a shuffleboard table, darts and foosball. It is fun place to hang out and play games and also earn miles at the same time.

If this doesn't fit into the theme of this thread, I won't feel bad if you don't add it to the master list on the first page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.