Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Anyone noticed the lack of Mexican restaurants?

Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus

I live in the Phoenix area, and looking at the participating options, I see plenty of Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, and American/Bar-type restaurants, but relatively few Mexican restaurants. Has anyone noticed something similar in their area? I wonder why relatively few Mexican restaurants choose to participate in my area.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta 764
I live in the Phoenix area, and looking at the participating options, I see plenty of Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, and American/Bar-type restaurants, but relatively few Mexican restaurants. Has anyone noticed something similar in their area? I wonder why relatively few Mexican restaurants choose to participate in my area.
Restaurants in these programs are signed up by local reps. Maybe the local rep in the Phoenix area doesn't like Mexican restaurants to the point of not asking them to sign up?

Also, which program? For example, there's one Mexican restaurant in central Orange County CA (Don Jose's in Huntington Beach) which for example is in the United program but is not showing up in (and not give miles in) the Alaska program. (I haven't checked other programs.)

But in general, I don't find a lack of Mexican restaurants in the SoCal area, though yes perhaps not quite as many as Italian and Mediterranean.

And in general, when I visited Phoenix a few months ago (and also when I was planning whether to eat before driving to Sedona on a future visit), I noticed that it seemed overloaded with a couple local chains, and underloaded with indie restaurants, compared to many other metros of similar sizes, especially in some parts of the metro. That "smells" like a local rep maybe being lazy (easier to sign up a lot of locations by signing up one or two local chains).
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
In my area, it’s mostly Mexican restaurants and nothing else.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
In my area, it’s mostly Mexican restaurants and nothing else.
And which area is that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.