FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   How do you prefer to earn your rewards? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1981324-how-do-you-prefer-earn-your-rewards.html)

Delta 764 Aug 2, 2019 1:30 pm

How do you prefer to earn your rewards?

I wonder, how do you prefer to earn your rewards via Rewards Network - do you consolidate all your cards into a single program, or split them across multiple programs?

Currently, I have an AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard and a Wells Fargo Visa Signature. Since I also have Delta SkyMiles and United MileagePlus accounts, I associated the former with SkyMiles Dining and the latter with MileagePlus Dining to put more miles into those accounts, since I already earn AA miles with my MasterCard.

pgary Aug 2, 2019 1:45 pm

I spread my cards over multiple airline accounts. I think that the only real uses for the dining miles is to keep my airlines alive and to round up those accounts to a useful balance. Else, I just credit the miles to the account that at the time gives me the most value for the flights I might use. Currently, for me, that would be Alaska and United Airlines.

Open Jaw Aug 8, 2019 4:58 am

After earning VIP status in each program each year, I usually focus on one program the rest of the year. Whenever there are special bonus promos I make sure to max out the miles earned and then switch back to my main program. I only save one or two current credit cards on line at once. I use old, expired CCs as place holders for other dining programs.

Points Scrounger Nov 9, 2019 2:06 pm

No sooner did I sign up for United's program when they announced their points now never expire. Not really that interested in elite status with American, once a year transaction to keep points alive. Delta and Alaska kinda similar.

I'm more likely to use them with hotel programs. Marriott's earning based on Bonvoy status, so number of dines irrelevant. IHG probably the highest priority as I stay with them less than I used to so topping off miles at 8x makes a difference, Hilton 8x would be a priority next year as well.

Bizi Jan 12, 2020 8:05 am

I split them across multiple programs.

pgary Jan 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Oops,My bad,

Delta 764 Sep 1, 2021 9:59 am

You never know when you might need miles for your secondary programs. I have been using RN to earn miles for Delta SkyMiles and United MileagePlus, even though my primary programs are AAdvantage and WF Go Far Rewards. Well, yesterday, I lucked out and booked a one-way return award ticket on SJU-PHX on DL (with one of the legs, JFK-LAX, on a 764). The outbound on PHX-SJU is a paid ticket on AA. Good thing I used RN to earn those SkyMiles. I didn't see anything comparable via AAdvantage.

Delta 764 Sep 2, 2021 5:05 pm

In a few days I will try to apply for a Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex. If approved, I will probably put my RN efforts towards United MileagePlus, while AAdvantage, SkyMiles, and WF Go Far Rewards will be via normal everyday purchases.

Delta 764 Dec 3, 2021 6:47 am

Now that I have both a Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red and a Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex, I have been focusing my Rewards Network effort on United MileagePlus to make it my secondary program.