Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Any way to find out which rewards program my CC is connected to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Yelp cash back keeps rejecting my dining requests because supposedly my Chase sapphire is connected to another rewards program. However it is not connected to anything as far as I know. I called chase and they have no idea what I'm talking about and is unable to see the cc paired with ANY rewards program (which is wrong, since it is definitely paired with Yelp).

Any suggestions?

Miz
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:30 am

DOC has a Complete List of Card-Linked Reward Programs. Sorry can’t post links.

Mogl, Swagbucks, Yelp, Dosh, Spent, and coupons.com all use the same backend Empyr.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by manish
Yelp cash back keeps rejecting my dining requests because supposedly my Chase sapphire is connected to another rewards program. However it is not connected to anything as far as I know. I called chase and they have no idea what I'm talking about and is unable to see the cc paired with ANY rewards program (which is wrong, since it is definitely paired with Yelp).

Any suggestions?

Miz
Unfortunately, unless the rewards program is run by the CC directly, they have no clue who's monitoring your activity and issuing points. The arrangement is made between the program and restaurant granting them access to their CC processing company, if they are not with a participating service then they can't belong to the program. What I have seen is if your card is tied to a program and then you go to add it to another in the same "chain", then your first program drops off. It may take some digging to find different "chains" to double dip between two different programs.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoTheOtherGuy
DOC has a Complete List of Card-Linked Reward Programs. Sorry can’t post links.

Mogl, Swagbucks, Yelp, Dosh, Spent, and coupons.com all use the same backend Empyr.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/compl...ward-programs/

But it's from 2016, so in a few cases it may be out of date. Most obviously, in the mention of Plenti.

Plus you have to read carefully. While it groups all the Empyr-based programs together, it does not group all the Rewards Network administrated programs together. The airline and hotel ones yes, but Upromise and Shell Fuel Rewards for example are listed to separately.

Finally, it says:

"Note, it might be that some of the other programs overlap as well as we haven’t been able to clarify the back-end power to each of these programs."

And it's sharing of back-end systems that leads to issues like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manish

Any suggestions?

Miz
The issuer of the card has no idea who you're pairing it with. Credit card issuers are not notified of such pairings.

You have to ask Yelp where they got that info about your card being connected to another rewards program.. Only the service that is giving you the error can possibly explain what is the origin of the error, unless you can figure it yourself (from the info provided above about Empyr). But the front-line agents at Yelp won't likely know; you'd probably have to move up the supervisor chain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.