Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2017+]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:04 pm
Original Member

The Delta and Alaska Airlines Rewards Network (iDine) bonus for new members were extended. The Southwest Airlines bonus was improved. The United Airlines Rewards Network (iDine) bonus for new members was extended, and a new bonus for United credit card holders was added. The dining program for Spirit Airlines was extended.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:39 pm
Original Member

All of the Rewards Network (iDine) bonus offers that were to expire this month were extended. Some were improved for bonuses for extra dines. All now state that if you created your account between February 15, 2020 and June 30, 2020, you now have 90 days to complete your dine to get the bonus. All of the rest still expire at the end of this month. I expect this to change.

Remember that take-out dining counts for iDine credits.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:47 pm
Original Member

All of the dining program first use offers were extended. Some were greatly improved. Tell your friends.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
Marriott also has a 6k point bonus in 60 days... it's called "Eat Around Town" but is effectively idine.
Old May 10, 2021, 5:30 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by johnndor
Marriott also has a 6k point bonus in 60 days... it's called "Eat Around Town" but is effectively idine.
Link? Thanks.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:21 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Originally Posted by pgary
Link? Thanks.
https://eataroundtown.marriott.com/E...w-member-bonus
Old May 16, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Watch your emails for "Act now: Special offers at select restaurants".

I only got that (so far, at least) for the three programs I haven't used in a while. I didn't get that (so far, at least) in the one program that I've using heavily the last few months.

And I don't know if this is happening in all areas or not. (I'm in the Los Angeles area with lots of participating restaurants within a few miles.)

Typical offers are get 100 extra miles if you spend $20+ on a single dine this month at restaurant X, or 500 extra miles if you spend $100+ on a single dine this month. They typically add up to being the equivalent of 5 extra miles per $ if you meet the spend requirement exactly, but of course it goes down if you "overshoot" the spend requirement by much.

You have to do a review of the restaurant within 30 days to qualify for the bonus, in addition to having to meet the spend requirement.

I've done one so far 8 days ago (the review was done about 4 days ago), and I haven't seen the bonus yet, but I'm not sure quickly it's supposed to post and whether it'll show up on the dining website or or only on the airline website.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:52 pm

United MileagePlus Dining Challenge Bonus

With The Challenge Bonus, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus miles while patio dining with friends, grabbing takeout for a night in with the family, or visiting your favorite watering hole for a craft cocktail. Now through August 4th, spend $25 at any MileagePlus DiningSM restaurant—dine in, takeout, or delivery—and earn big!

2 dines = 500 bonus miles
4 dines = 1,000 bonus miles
6 dines = 3,000 bonus miles

The Challenge bonus is valid as of 7/6/2021 through 8/4/2021 for members of MileagePlus DiningSM who, (ii) spend at least $25 (including tax and tip) in one dine at any participating restaurant, bar, or club (iii) pay the check with a credit and/or debit card linked to your MileagePlus Dining program account, (iv) remain opted in to receive emails from the MileagePlus Dining program with a valid, deliverable email address, and (v) continue to satisfy all applicable Select/VIP-level criteria until such time as The Challenge Bonus posts to your MileagePlus Dining program account. This bonus is combinable with other offers.

Members that have a total of 2 qualified dines within the bonus period will earn 500 bonus miles. Members that have a total of 4 qualified dines within the bonus period will earn 1,000 bonus miles. Members that have a total of 6 or more qualified dines within the bonus period will earn 3,000 bonus miles. This bonus can only be earned one time within the bonus period.

Please allow 5-10 days after the bonus period ends for any bonus miles to post to your United MileagePlus account. However, in unusual instances it may take longer. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by October 1, 2021.

https://dining.mileageplus.com/earn/challenge-bonus
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:54 pm

United MileagePlus Dining Review Bonus

MileagePlus Dining℠ appreciates your feedback about your dining experiences and wants to reward you for completing your reviews. That’s why, for a limited time, you can earn an extra 100 bonus miles every time you complete a review.

Here’s how it works:

Dine at a participating restaurant and pay with your linked credit or debit card.
Review your experience within 30 days of your visit.
Earn 100 bonus miles every time you complete a review.

Remember, the more you dine and review, the more bonus miles you’ll earn that can be used for travel on United®.

Review bonus details

Starting 06/23/2021 through 09/30/2021, this bonus offer is open to all MileagePlus Dining℠ members who have completed a dining transaction at a participating restaurant, bar, or club.

To earn this bonus, you must dine at any participating restaurant, bar, or club, and complete the post-dine survey associated with a specific restaurant visit within 30 days. Member will receive 100 bonus miles for each online review submitted. You may submit only one review for each dining transaction. Limit one restaurant visit per member per participating merchant per day. Offer is combinable with other MileagePlus Dining bonuses, except for the Online Ordering Bonus. Please allow up to 5 – 10 days from the date of review completion for any bonus miles to post to your MileagePlus account. All inquiries to this bonus must be received by 12/29/2021.

https://dining.mileageplus.com/earn/review-bonus
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:11 pm
Original Member

New Member Bonuses Extended

The new member bonuses for the dining programs of Alaska, Southwest, and Spirit Airlines, and for the IHG, Hilton hotels group were extended to January 6, 2022. The Hilton bonus was reduced to a feeble 1,000 points. The United Airlines program was extended to October 4, 2021. The Marriott program was extended to December 31, 2021. Tell your friends.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Several stackable bonuses

1. 6/23-9/30 100 bonus miles no minimum, must complete a review (the offer is usually on the bottom left of the restaurant's page on rewards network) Open to all MP Dining members

2. 8/5-9/30 Double base mile. Rules state this is targeted, we received email notification of the offer a few days ago.

3. Start date unknown (likely 8/5 when we received the email notification) good thru 8/30. Bonus points of 250-500 miles per dine, $10 minimum plus review. Offer varies, apparently depending on how active you've been in the program. I'm almost at 12 dines, my offer was generally 250 points, my wife has not been active, her offer is 500 points per dine. You can see the bonus offer for participating restaurants near the top of the page, under the hours that the restaurant is open. Looks like a minority of restaurants are participating, at least in my area.

Edited to remove reference to minimum spend and review in item #2.

Last edited by bob12403; Aug 16, 2021 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 15, 2021, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bob12403
2. 8/5-9/30 Double base miles $10 minimum, must complete a review. Rules state this is targeted, we received email notification of the offer a few days ago.
If you really gave the terms accurately, then even the terms must be targeted. My terms mention no $10 minutes for double case rate, and no review requirement for double base rate (are you sure you didn't confuse the terms between double base miles and 250-500 per dine miles?). Here are my complete T&Cs for my double base miles offer:

Double Earn Bonus 

The Double Earn bonus is valid as of 8/5/2021 through 9/30/2021 for members of MileagePlus DiningSM who, (ii) dine in or order online at any participating restaurant, bar, or club (iii) pay the check with a credit and/or debit card linked to your MileagePlus Dining program account, (iv) remain opted in to receive emails from the MileagePlus Dining program with a valid, deliverable email address, and (v) continue to satisfy all applicable Select/VIP-level criteria until such time as The Double Earn Bonus posts to your MileagePlus Dining program account. This bonus is combinable with other offers. 
Members will earn double their normal miles for each eligible dine. Select-members who normally earn 3 miles per dollar will earn 6 miles per dollar and VIP-members who normally earn 5 miles per dollar will earn 10 miles per dollar.  
Please allow 5-10 days after the bonus period ends for any bonus miles to post to your United MileagePlus account. However, in unusual instances it may take longer. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by December 30, 2021. 
Please note that some restaurants, bars, and clubs offer rewards, including the bonus miles under this offer, only on certain days of the week, for a limited number of visits per month, or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program terms and conditions, guidelines, restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit dining.mileageplus.com. Other limitations may apply. Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. 
MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards, and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.

And here's why not needing to do a review might be very important: They say (in my email) that it's valid at 25000 restaurants. Well IIRC that number includes the online-order-only ChowNow restaurants, for which I've never seen a way to post a review.

So if you don't need to post a review, online-order-only restaurants might earn 10x also. If you do need to post a review, they can't possibly as far I can see.

Originally Posted by bob12403
3. Start date unknown (likely 8/5 when we received the email notification) good thru 8/30. Bonus points of 250-500 miles per dine, $10 minimum plus review. Offer varies, apparently depending on how active you've been in the program. I'm almost at 12 dines, my offer was generally 250 points, my wife has not been active, her offer is 500 points per dine. You can see the bonus offer for participating restaurants near the top of the page, under the hours that the restaurant is open. Looks like a minority of restaurants are participating, at least in my area.
You may not have been paying attention to all the emails. The bonus of 250 miles per $10 minimum plus review was there at least since the start of the month, but it was preceded for a couple months by varying amounts of bonus miles with various minimums (in previous months the minimums were typically way higher). But the emails which features some bonuses were not titled as being bonus emails, just titles like "special offers at select restaurants" which didn't make clear they were miles offers rather than discounts in the title.

And those "special offers at select restaurants" emails, I've received them sometimes in the past month or two from AA Dining and DL DIning as well. But never form AS Dining. And what's special in my case about AS Dining: It's the dining program I've been using for the past half year or so (after I just requalified for VIP in the others).

So it sounds like they're giving these bonuses to people who haven't been dining much in that program. Unless we hear from someone that's been using UA Dining all year and still has these bonuses, I'll presume that they may be available only to those who haven't been using UA Dining much most of this year.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
sdsearch, you are correct, there was no mention of a minimum spend or review necessary for the double base miles. I've corrected my original post, sorry about the confusion on my part.

As to whether or not we can receive the double-base miles at ChowNow restaurants, for which it's not possible to complete a review: I'm going to take it as a good sign that my two dines from ChowNow restaurants have received the 100 mile bonus even though the rules for that bonus offer say you must complete a review. Hopefully they'll overlook the reviewing stipulation for the double-base miles bonus as well.

Last edited by bob12403; Aug 17, 2021 at 6:31 am
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, their system seems a little messed up. The rules said:

"Members will earn double their normal miles for each eligible dine. Select-members who normally earn 3 miles per dollar will earn 6 miles per dollar and VIP-members who normally earn 5 miles per dollar will earn 10 miles per dollar."

But I just looked in my MileagePlus Dining account and at a couple dines from a week or two ago have posted something called "Double Earn Bonus" but it's only one (1) extra mile per dollar spent, as if they think I'm supposed to earn 6 total in this promo even though I'm a VIP member and normally earn 5 !
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, their system seems a little messed up. The rules said:

"Members will earn double their normal miles for each eligible dine. Select-members who normally earn 3 miles per dollar will earn 6 miles per dollar and VIP-members who normally earn 5 miles per dollar will earn 10 miles per dollar."

But I just looked in my MileagePlus Dining account and at a couple dines from a week or two ago have posted something called "Double Earn Bonus" but it's only one (1) extra mile per dollar spent, as if they think I'm supposed to earn 6 total in this promo even though I'm a VIP member and normally earn 5 !
In contrast, neither my wife nor I have seen any of the double points post to our accounts, regardless of how they are calculating them. OTOH, we seem to be getting the 250 or 500 point bonuses at select restaurants. We've mostly been running up smaller tabs per dine than usual, so a flat 500 (or even 250) is a really nice summer bonus.

Last edited by bob12403; Aug 24, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.