FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Fuel Rewards Network (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1871403-fuel-rewards-network.html)

SanDiego1K Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Fuel Rewards Network

I have a t-Mobile phone. t-Mobile has t-Mobile Tuesdays. I've just started participating. Today, there was a $.25/gallon off at Shell. In order to use it, I needed to sign up for the Fuel Rewards Network. I then registered a couple credit cards, thinking that the program was gas only. I immediately got an email saying that a credit card I had used had been associated with the Alaska Airlines restaurant program so it was disconnected there. The good news is that I got an email. Is there more to the Fuel Rewards Network than Shell gas?

LTimeL Oct 14, 2017 10:46 am

Not really, free fuel is the reason I participate. There is a nice MC promo running till end of 2017 for 0.15 off per gallon per 100 of grocery spend. Since you signed up already, take a look at linking a MC or two - especially ones that earn decent rewards. If, for example, you spend 500 using a 2% reward earning MC you'd earn 10.00 in rewards plus 0.75 off per gallon. Limited to 20g purchase at a time using rewards, so the gas discount is worth 15.00 max. I've earned about 8.00/g off so far. In my area if gas is 2.50/g I get 2.40/g off the balance earned but have to pay road tax of 0.099/g. In another country (same state) I paid 0.019/g so don't know if that was a mis-configured pump or there was some tax diff.

SanDiego1K Oct 14, 2017 11:35 am

I'm impressed, LTimeL. You've really figured out how to play the gas game. I have a lot to learn.

LTimeL Oct 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks :) I do find myself earning more gas/diesel than I can use, so it is handy that you can set an Alternate ID code (10 digit I think) via your on-line account profile which can be keyed into the pump keypad to access your discount w/o need for FuelRewards card itself. This can be shared with select friends/family who know to get the whole 20g (bring gas cans if you have to!) and not burn a 2.40 discount on a purchase of 6g.

sdsearch Oct 16, 2017 8:14 am

but why did adding a card to Fuel Network remove it from Alaska Dining???

But what's the connection between Fuel Rewards and Rewards Network? Ie, the thing I'm confused by is the mention of the card that was used with Alaska MileagePlan Dining resulted in an email saying it had removed from that dining program when it was added to Fuel Rewards! :eek:

Fuel Rewards seems to be run by Excentus which is headquartered in Dallas TX, while Rewards Network is headquartered in Chicago IL!

So I don't understand why the same credit card can't be used in both!

Zorak Oct 17, 2017 1:21 pm

There's also a Fuel Rewards Dining which is part of Rewards Network, but also related to the Shell network?

https://www.fuelrewards.com/dining.html

so it probably has to do with that.

NeGourmand Mar 31, 2018 11:12 am

Today is the last day for the grocery promo. Rewards earned today last until 5/31. This was a nice 9 months.

NeGourmand May 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by LTimeL (Post 28931985)
Not really, free fuel is the reason I participate. There is a nice MC promo running till end of 2017 for 0.15 off per gallon per 100 of grocery spend. Since you signed up already, take a look at linking a MC or two - especially ones that earn decent rewards. If, for example, you spend 500 using a 2% reward earning MC you'd earn 10.00 in rewards plus 0.75 off per gallon. Limited to 20g purchase at a time using rewards, so the gas discount is worth 15.00 max. I've earned about 8.00/g off so far. In my area if gas is 2.50/g I get 2.40/g off the balance earned but have to pay road tax of 0.099/g. In another country (same state) I paid 0.019/g so don't know if that was a mis-configured pump or there was some tax diff.

Have you had any success continuing to earn discounts? The promo is still going in some locations (mine,) but I haven't been earning rewards any more. I don't think I hit the max ($125/gal) but maybe close. I only have $4.50/gal left for June, and I'm really not looking forward to paying for gas again.

LTimeL Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Right now for Fuel Rewards, not really. On the MC promo, think I got ~$90/gal of the possible $125. Had so much free gas/diesel piled up in a short time window that I was giving it away to friends and fam willing to meet at station and help take the full 20g. There is an IHG promo (registration req'd) on now that earns a one time $0.25/gal discount. I'm lucky to be in an area where a gas station chain has discount relationships with various grocery chains, so still get $0.05/gal off per 100 in grocery spend, plus associated CC reward points. Other than a few odd full price gallons here and there, have paid $0.10/gal since Oct 2015 on ~3700 gal. and saved ~$8K. Was double dipping when the MC promo was going on.