Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Which airports have participating restaurants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to sort out just airport dining options that earn miles...does anyone know how? Or should we start a list here?
Old May 18, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to sort out just airport dining options that earn miles...does anyone know how? Or should we start a list here?
To "start" a list here, we'd also have to "maintain" a list here, given that participating restaurants come and go all the time.

There would seem to be an easy way for a specific airport (do a radius search on the airport, and see if any restaurants come up on the airport grounds), and why do you need a list for airports you're not going to? So IMHO it's easier to do it yourself one airport at a time as you visit one airport at a time, rather than to try compile a list here which will be pretty random, and, as I said, hard to maintain.

At many airports, like PDX, it's obvious there are none, because if you're staying at a hotel right next to the airport, and do a search around that, you find you have to drive a miles or two away from the airport for the closest participating restaurant.

And if the app knows your location while you're inside the airport structure, you could try using it right inside the airport, as it shows the closest restaurants to where it thinks you are.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
To "start" a list here, we'd also have to "maintain" a list here, given that participating restaurants come and go all the time.

There would seem to be an easy way for a specific airport (do a radius search on the airport, and see if any restaurants come up on the airport grounds), and why do you need a list for airports you're not going to? So IMHO it's easier to do it yourself one airport at a time as you visit one airport at a time, rather than to try compile a list here which will be pretty random, and, as I said, hard to maintain.

At many airports, like PDX, it's obvious there are none, because if you're staying at a hotel right next to the airport, and do a search around that, you find you have to drive a miles or two away from the airport for the closest participating restaurant.

And if the app knows your location while you're inside the airport structure, you could try using it right inside the airport, as it shows the closest restaurants to where it thinks you are.

I've done that, but many cities have many pages and it is not always clear what is in the airport and what is not. I wish they added functionality to search by airport code.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It shouldn't be a problem with a wiki. I don't know of any participating restaurants in airports though.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I've done that, but many cities have many pages and it is not always clear what is in the airport and what is not. I wish they added functionality to search by airport code.
But you can view your search results on a map on the RN sites, and that map should make it pretty clear, no?

What do many pages matter? If you search around the zip code of the airport, you don't have to look at many pages, just the first page, on a map. Everything on subsequent pages will be further away! That's why I said search for restaurants near the airport's location (by zip codes should be enough), not the whole city. (If you don't know how to get the zip code of the airport, find the closest hotel to the airport and get their address. That's how I searched PDX, I was actually staying at one of the closest airport hotels, and just put in its address as the center of the search.)
Old May 19, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I always search by looking up the zip code of the airport's official address, which normally is different from the one used in the surrounding area. Most airports have their own zip code. As said before in an earlier post, most airports do not have RN restaurants.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
A similar thread started in 2005 listed a few. (Perhaps mods can merge?) The consensus is there are not many and they come and go, so you're better off just searching the zip code of the airport. I've never found one in an airport, but nearby is more likely. In the other thread I mentioned one in a hotel near ORD that you could get to by shuttle. I also found some within walking distance when I was at PVD a few months ago.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
But you can view your search results on a map on the RN sites, and that map should make it pretty clear, no?

What do many pages matter? If you search around the zip code of the airport, you don't have to look at many pages, just the first page, on a map. Everything on subsequent pages will be further away! That's why I said search for restaurants near the airport's location (by zip codes should be enough), not the whole city. (If you don't know how to get the zip code of the airport, find the closest hotel to the airport and get their address. That's how I searched PDX, I was actually staying at one of the closest airport hotels, and just put in its address as the center of the search.)
....And of course you can limit the distance of the search (default is the max of 30 mi). So, limit it to 1/2 mile or 1 mile, look at the results on a map. There might be a few results, usually outside the airport rather than in it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.