FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   idiotic email from RN about US (DM) dining (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1664066-idiotic-email-rn-about-us-dm-dining.html)

sdsearch Mar 17, 2015 1:02 pm

idiotic email from RN about US (DM) dining

I just got an email from US Airways Dividend Miles dining, called "Dividend Miles dining is changing soon..."
Dear sdsearch,

We have some great news to share. Within the next 30 days, Dividend Miles dining will be integrated into the American Airlines AAdvantage DiningSM program!

No action is required on your end regarding your account. If you'd like to learn more, please click here.
But the "click here" link just leads to:
which doesn't mention anything about the dining programs of course. It's just the AA page about the merging of AA accounts and US accounts coming soon.

But AA accounts are different AA Dining accounts, and US accounts are different than US Dining accounts. :rolleyes:

What I want to "learn more" about is whether my dines toward VIP status on both programs will be combined, whether my credit cards from both programs will be combined, etc. @:-)

In fact, what I'd like confirmation of is that the dining programs themselves will be merged within 30 days. I don't remember that ever happening before when previous airlines which both had dining programs merged. And I have a hard time believing that RN Network will synchronize down to the day with AA/US account merging!

Open Jaw Mar 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 24521624)
I just got an email from US Airways Dividend Miles dining, called "Dividend Miles dining is changing soon..."
Dear sdsearch,

We have some great news to share. Within the next 30 days, Dividend Miles dining will be integrated into the American Airlines AAdvantage DiningSM program!

No action is required on your end regarding your account. If you'd like to learn more, please click here.
But the "click here" link just leads to:
which doesn't mention anything about the dining programs of course. It's just the AA page about the merging of AA accounts and US accounts coming soon.

But AA accounts are different AA Dining accounts, and US accounts are different than US Dining accounts. :rolleyes:

What I want to "learn more" about is whether my dines toward VIP status on both programs will be combined, whether my credit cards from both programs will be combined, etc. @:-)

In fact, what I'd like confirmation of is that the dining programs themselves will be merged within 30 days. I don't remember that ever happening before when previous airlines which both had dining programs merged. And I have a hard time believing that RN Network will synchronize down to the day with AA/US account merging!

I got it as well. I believe it was sent to let everyone know that they have a limited time to reach US VIP. Will that VIP status count toward AA? I don't know. Since I already have earned US VIP status for 2015, I don't care when they combine the accounts.

rove312 Mar 31, 2015 7:21 am

For the record, going to usairways.rewardsnetwork.com now brings a page with both US and AA logos. Doing my US login gives a pop-up saying they're combined and "Aadvantage miles" showing my US account number. Since in recent times I've only been active in the US program, I can't say what happens with people who've been active in both dining programs. I remember that with DL and NW my pre-merger logins for both accounts showed as separate DL accounts.

Open Jaw Mar 31, 2015 8:56 am

I am active in both programs and I am VIP in both as well. I just checked and I see that indeed both logos are on the original US RN page.

Last week I called RN to find out about the airline merger and I was told that US RN will be merged into my AA RN by mid-April or so. All credit cards on file with US RN will be moved over to my AA RN webpage. As of today, both my AA and US pages are still separate.