RN Points if ordered through GrubHub

Old Jan 28, 15, 3:33 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Programs: Delta, American Airlines, United, US Airways
Posts: 7
RN Points if ordered through GrubHub

I recently ordered delivery from a restaurant in the rewards network in order to earn points. However, I made the order through grubhub.com. Does this affect the order's eligibility to earn points?
dsem is offline  
Old Jan 28, 15, 4:07 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,314
Originally Posted by dsem View Post
I recently ordered delivery from a restaurant in the rewards network in order to earn points. However, I made the order through grubhub.com. Does this affect the order's eligibility to earn points?
RN scans the CC processing from the restaurant. So if your payment ran through GrubHub, then don't expect any credit. If it was processed by the restaurant, then you should get credit. Check your CC bill and you should have your answer.
RogerD408 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 15, 5:45 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 30
I'm in same boat using Grubhub. With Seamless it wasn't an issue (charge appeared from Restaurant), but with Grubhub it doesn't.
crollner is offline  
Old Mar 18, 15, 2:19 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by crollner View Post
I'm in same boat using Grubhub. With Seamless it wasn't an issue (charge appeared from Restaurant), but with Grubhub it doesn't.
Why is it not the same for Seamless? I thought that all the online delivery places worked the same??
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old May 4, 15, 10:17 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
I ordered thru Seamless and the charge appeared as Seamless, not from the restaurant, thus no dining bonus.
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old May 5, 15, 11:53 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS | MCI
Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 20,192
Had the same issue and was told no points if purchased through the online system for the restaurant. CC statement does show the restaurant name, so the person I spoke with said I could send it in if I wanted, though "it wouldn't necessarily be within the spirit of the program"..
FriendlySkies is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 8:43 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,314
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
Had the same issue and was told no points if purchased through the online system for the restaurant. CC statement does show the restaurant name, so the person I spoke with said I could send it in if I wanted, though "it wouldn't necessarily be within the spirit of the program"..
Since RN pulls it's data from the CC processor used by the restaurant, if they run their website charges through a different company (as is highly likely), RN does not see it. However, requesting credit should be acceptable as the restaurant should still get billed for the service, but I would only do it if the charge does show the restaurant and not a delivery service.
RogerD408 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread