FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   RN Points if ordered through GrubHub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/1650291-rn-points-if-ordered-through-grubhub.html)

dsem Jan 28, 2015 3:33 pm

RN Points if ordered through GrubHub

I recently ordered delivery from a restaurant in the rewards network in order to earn points. However, I made the order through grubhub.com. Does this affect the order's eligibility to earn points?

RogerD408 Jan 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by dsem (Post 24252366)
I recently ordered delivery from a restaurant in the rewards network in order to earn points. However, I made the order through grubhub.com. Does this affect the order's eligibility to earn points?

RN scans the CC processing from the restaurant. So if your payment ran through GrubHub, then don't expect any credit. If it was processed by the restaurant, then you should get credit. Check your CC bill and you should have your answer.

crollner Mar 5, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm in same boat using Grubhub. With Seamless it wasn't an issue (charge appeared from Restaurant), but with Grubhub it doesn't.

NJUPINTHEAIR Mar 18, 2015 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by crollner (Post 24462006)
I'm in same boat using Grubhub. With Seamless it wasn't an issue (charge appeared from Restaurant), but with Grubhub it doesn't.

Why is it not the same for Seamless? I thought that all the online delivery places worked the same??

NJUPINTHEAIR May 4, 2015 10:17 am

I ordered thru Seamless and the charge appeared as Seamless, not from the restaurant, thus no dining bonus.

FriendlySkies May 5, 2015 11:53 am

Had the same issue and was told no points if purchased through the online system for the restaurant. CC statement does show the restaurant name, so the person I spoke with said I could send it in if I wanted, though "it wouldn't necessarily be within the spirit of the program"..

RogerD408 Jan 11, 2016 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 24769582)
Had the same issue and was told no points if purchased through the online system for the restaurant. CC statement does show the restaurant name, so the person I spoke with said I could send it in if I wanted, though "it wouldn't necessarily be within the spirit of the program"..

Since RN pulls it's data from the CC processor used by the restaurant, if they run their website charges through a different company (as is highly likely), RN does not see it. However, requesting credit should be acceptable as the restaurant should still get billed for the service, but I would only do it if the charge does show the restaurant and not a delivery service.