Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Can I only visit each restaurant listed in Dining Network once?

Old Jan 28, 14, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UR, SPG, HHonors Gold

I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and one of the restaurants I eat at regularly for lunch turns out to be on the Dining Network. However, while my first time eating there posted just fine, the subsequent visits haven't shown up.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but it wasn't on the Dining Network's FAQ.
Old Jan 28, 14, 11:47 am

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Originally Posted by Locke42 View Post
I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and one of the restaurants I eat at regularly for lunch turns out to be on the Dining Network. However, while my first time eating there posted just fine, the subsequent visits haven't shown up.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but it wasn't on the Dining Network's FAQ.
There is not an inherent limit. HOWEVER, each restaurant has different limitations/restrictions (e.g., maximum number of visits during a period, maximum number of points earned during a period, type of credit cards that can be used, days of the week for which points may be earned, etc.). To find the specific limitations/restrictions, visit the RN page associated with that restaurant. If you are owed points (i.e., there was an error with the system), you can submit a copy of your receipt by email or facsimile (which I have done a number of times).
Old Jan 28, 14, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UR, SPG, HHonors Gold
Ahh, I see. The page has "1 visit per month" in the sidebar. Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 14, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you register for multiple hotel/airline partners, it's the first visit PER PARTNER that counts, not that you can only dine for credit once a month, period.
Old Jul 3, 14, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's not typical for it to be only 1 visit / month, IME. Most places I go to are unlimited visits, but a limit of $600 / month. But yes, if you have other cards in other programs, you can hit the limit for Delta, again Hilton, etc.
Old Jul 3, 14, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by festdave View Post
It's not typical for it to be only 1 visit / month, IME.
Actually, it varies by area. Near where I live, a good fraction (but less than half) of the places are 1 visit / month. Near where I work, hardly any of them are. In an area across town form me where a friend lived until recently, there were even more 1 / month than near where I live. (This is all in different parts of SoCal.)
Old Jul 4, 14, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Did you actually believe the limit was only 1 visit to each restaurant per participant LIFETIME??!!

Sorry if I can't help laughing. I think the program would collapse rather quickly if that were the case!

I see a lot of restaurants (near me) have a dining limit (per participant) of $1,000 per month, with unlimited visits.

Search this Thread