Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

I moved a credit card between programs the day after, and it worked!

Old Dec 27, 12, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One evening last week, while with family I was visiting, they decided they didn't want to cook that night, and so we went out, and I paid for my own part.

The next morning, I decided to check to see how many participating restaurants there were in the city they live in, and lo and behold, I noticed that the restaurant I'd eaten at last night was participating!

Only problem was, the card I used was registered in a program that didn't have the best bonus for me right now (I've bene targeted for this bonus at UA).

So I logged into my UA Dining account, and registered the card I'd used the previous evening. Minutes later I got confirmation emails that I had registered the card at UA, and un-registered it at DL.

Lo and behold, a few days later, I get a "how was <that restuarant" email from UA, and indeed that dine is showing over at UA, not DL.

(I've moved cards around like this an hour later, on the same day, but I never realized you could move them the next day, and still have it work, until this.)
Old Feb 24, 13, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I just checked the RN website to see if I have any surveys to complete for my recent dines and saw that my list of credit cards was missing. Normally, you would see all the CCs listed by the last four digits, but there is nothing there. The only thing listed is the link to add another card. There must be a problem with the RN websites for all the airlines because every program I belong to shows the same problem.

Has anyone else expirienced the same program?

Last edited by Open Jaw; Feb 24, 13 at 11:34 am
Old Feb 24, 13, 11:16 am

Duplicate post
Old Feb 24, 13, 11:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Mine are all gone too, not going to bother putting them back until I'm ready to dine again, maybe by then they will have it resolved.
Old Feb 24, 13, 11:31 am

Cordelli, I am glad to see I am not the only one.
Old Feb 24, 13, 3:41 pm

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Originally Posted by cordelli View Post
Mine are all gone too, not going to bother putting them back until I'm ready to dine again, maybe by then they will have it resolved.
same here and I too will wait to see if they resolve it.
Old Feb 24, 13, 3:48 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
All gone here as well
Old Feb 25, 13, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Which program(s)??? (None of you so far mentioned which RN program!)

I didn't check yesterday, but as of this morning (a few seconds ago), all my cards at AS Dining, AA Dining, and UA Dining are still showing. but I see no cards in my DL Dining, and that doesn't seem right

So based on my experience, it may be happening only in some programs and not others? Or did it happen in all programs yesterday but they're fixing it now one program at a time?
Old Feb 25, 13, 8:02 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post

I didn't check yesterday, but as of this morning (a few seconds ago), all my cards at AS Dining, AA Dining, and UA Dining are still showing. but I see no cards in my DL Dining, and that doesn't seem right

So based on my experience, it may be happening only in some programs and not others? Or did it happen in all programs yesterday but they're fixing it now one program at a time?
Mine was United, but they are back today, so they apparently fixed whatever the issue was
Old Feb 25, 13, 9:13 am

Programs: Air: UA *S, WN CP | Hotels - Gold: Choice, CC, & HH; Hotels - Amb: Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Mine was United, but they are back today, so they apparently fixed whatever the issue was
Mine was AA (and probably others - I didn't bother to check as I figured it was likely a glitch that would be fixed). Mine are also back today. But, if I had a dine yesterday, I might be worried about points posting properly.
Old Feb 25, 13, 10:09 am

When I checked early this morning my cards were back in two of my RN programs and still missing in my AA program. Now they are missing again in all my programs. Once I saw my cards go away while I was on the site after clicking the bonus tab.
Old Feb 25, 13, 10:12 am
In Memoriam

Yeah, gone again now. Whatever they are doing, they should let people know. I would be saving receipts if I was out dining today.
Old Feb 25, 13, 10:32 am

Yeah, gone again now. Whatever they are doing, they should let people know. I would be saving receipts if I was out dining today.
All my dines have shown up and I was able to do every survey, even yesterday. It's always good to save all receipts until the miles post in the FF account in question.

When I called RN I was told everything should be fixed by tonight.
Old Feb 27, 13, 9:36 am
In Memoriam

And they are back again
Old Feb 27, 13, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And they are back again
Yes, my cards (5 of them) are back again at DL (the only one, as I noted above, of my airline programs at which they were missing earlier).

Search this Thread