Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > iDine/Rewards Network
Reload this Page >

Important changes may affect how you earn rewards

Old Dec 14, 12, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat

I received this email on Nov 13.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. Due to recent changes, certain credit cards may no longer be registered in our system and may not be used to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for dining activity occurring on or after November 10, 2012.

The following cards registered to your account will no longer be supported:

Card ending in: 3009
Card ending in: 1005
Card ending in: 1006

You will still earn AAdvantage® miles for all qualified dining activity on this card prior to November 10, and you will continue earning AAdvantage® miles with all your other registered credit and debit cards. To add or update your cards, visit your Account Center.

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this change may cause. If you have questions, please contact us at Member Services.

Sincerely,
The AAdvantage Dining Program Member Services
300 S. Park Road, Suite 300, Hollywood, FL 33021
800-479-5981 (9a.m.–10p.m. ET, M–F)
[email protected]
Those are the 3 Amex cards I have registered in the program. I assumed this meant that I could no longer earn miles when I paid with Amex, but I see that Amex is still listed as an acceptable card with various restaurants.

So did anyone else get this? Does anyone know why my Amex cards have been singled out?

(I did a search and could not find this topic, so I apologize if it's been discussed.)
Old Dec 14, 12, 9:22 am

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, Omni
Nothing regarding Amex from any of my (Alaska/AA) RN accounts: could this be another outrage aimed at our friends to the North?
Old Dec 14, 12, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Someone else just suggested the same thing to me. Possibly Canadian issued Amex cards are being singled out.
Old Dec 14, 12, 10:10 am

Location: California; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite, Omni
Kindly run an oil pipeline down to the lower 48, tow a couple icebergs to the southwest, and throw in some fishing rights and I’ll make a few calls to see what I can do.
Old Dec 15, 12, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by Jailer View Post
Kindly run an oil pipeline down to the lower 48, tow a couple icebergs to the southwest, and throw in some fishing rights and I’ll make a few calls to see what I can do.
LOL! The post of the year!
Old Dec 15, 12, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Someone else just suggested the same thing to me. Possibly Canadian issued Amex cards are being singled out.
I believe you are correct. There has been no changes to my American Amex card from any of my RN accounts.
Old Dec 16, 12, 2:11 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
(I did a search and could not find this topic, so I apologize if it's been discussed.)
I put all the relevant email text in when I posted.
Old Jan 10, 13, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AZ Plat, VA Silver, TK Silver, EY Silver, HH Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Plat
Does idine accept any overseas issued cards? I have Australian and British issued Visa cards that it will happily register but will I earn on them when I dine on my US visits?
Old Jan 10, 13, 7:53 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FormalHall View Post
Does idine accept any overseas issued cards?
In the past, any card was accepted. The waves of emails about cards they are not supporting appear only to be Amex cards. (Which is an interesting choice, as Amex foreign exchange fees make them a terrible choice for using in idine anyhow.) Presumably, Visa and Mastercard will still be fine.

Search this Thread